• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I still want to get back into singing my RB songs, seeing that I got Rivals on sale and have never booted it up on XB. Maybe once the rush of other newer games is over in a month or two...

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a song pass for season 3 on xbox one? I can not find it but I think there is a PS4 one.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, but sometimes a band will let covers of their songs by another band but not their own. Music industry is weird.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I miss Smooth Criminal. Us SCEE players will get the delisted songs before 2020 for sure.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the other E6 and Spinal Tap songs. I feel like Microsoft and Sony must have really de-prioritizied fixing the entitlement issues on their end with them dragging out so long.

EthanKart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wanting to try out Rock Band 4 on PS4 now that I've read Harmonix has updated the game to include more modes and a new expansion. Wondering how people feel about the game as it stands now vs launch and what is the best way to get a band kit on ps4? Im guessing I should avoid getting a used kit.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wanting to try out Rock Band 4 on PS4 now that I've read Harmonix has updated the game to include more modes and a new expansion. Wondering how people feel about the game as it stands now vs launch and what is the best way to get a band kit on ps4? Im guessing I should avoid getting a used kit.
Rock Band 4 as it stands now is definitely much better than it was at launch, especially with the expansion. I definitely feel it is worth the money now for anyone that was sitting on the fence when it originally came out.

As far as gear, there are a few ways you can do it, but they all have their pros and cons.

You could go with one of the new Rivals bundles, which will get you the game and expansion, plus whatever instruments come with the bundle you get. These instruments were made by PDP. I've heard ok things about the guitar that comes with the bundles, but the drums I've heard are a crapshoot. Some people get good kits, and others get ones with issues like cross-talk (hit one pad and another will trigger with it) and registering double hits.

You could also try tracking down one of the base Rock Band 4 kits, which I still see from time to time in stores. These come with instruments made by Madcatz, and these I can personally vouch for. The guitar that comes with it is the best Rock Band guitar I've used, but I still prefer using my Guitar Hero 5 controller over it. The drums are good too, but they do have an issue with a roll limit which you will not impact you unless you're trying to get 100% on 5 and devil tier songs, which at that point you may be better off investing in an e-kit. Mind you I say all this as someone that mainly plays expert drums with these. Biggest downside is that you'll have to shell out another $30 for the expansion since these predate it.

Used gear is at your own discretion. If you can find a guitar or drum set that looks to be in good shape and has all the pieces (receivers, etc), then go for it. It might be a bit hard finding ones in the condition you want, and the price may be a bit steep though, but all of that is up to you.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much what MrNelson said.

The game has come along way since launch, and the only things the game still needs is bass boost, a deeper character creator, effects switch, vfx and online matchmaking which they'll have a server browser coming in a few months.

The drums are a hit and miss. PDP is great with rolls, but crosstalk happens quite often and the Mad Catz kit is pretty much the opposite. Both aren't great, but if you play on Hard or lower it'll be fine.

The Jaguar and Strat are both pretty good, but I prefer the latter.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Hello! I finally made it here! Happy to be lurking/posting the Rock Band thread again. And I can't believe we're coming up on 10 years of Rock Band.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't checked in a long time, but is there a way to use the ION drums with Xbox One yet? I missed out on the one solution and last I checked they weren't producing them anymore.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Has Harmonix ever commented on supporting PS4 Pro or Xbox One X?

I don't expect much, nor do I think the game needs a big graphic feature boost, but just a simple resolution bump would be nice.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I think they've said they'll look into it when the Pro came out but haven't followed up since.

They can't even get rid of stuttering 100%, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Plaguefox

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see this thread. Where's GreatDave and BBG? Also hello Pedro! And Chris.

That thread title gave me a twitchy eye though.

Edit: Found Dave; forgot the the. :) Love the @ feature.

Ozone

Oct 26, 2017
Philadelphia
Just got here, and happy to see a lot of familiar faces. Especially Juke with the clutch DLC reviews.

Looking forward to this Rivals season, think I'm going to gamble again on the season pass.

Oct 25, 2017
11_02_DLC_Twitter.png

Slow Ride and Play That Funky Music for me.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In for Slow Ride

And they're off to a good start for the spotlight pass. 2 for 2 for me so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone. :)

I love RB so much. But -- and this is kind of weird/not the norm? -- the only one I own is RB3, because (gulp) I bought it for Wii back in 2010, and spent a LOT of money on downloadable songs in the years after. So I've never migrated since I pretty much could not (this is correct, right? The Wii was a dead end for purchased RB DLC?).

ANYWAY, I still play this sort glitchy, ugly version of RB3 to this day, seven years later. Maybe one of these days I'll finally get RB4... maybe.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
digital copy of the game is on sale on psn right now for 23 bucks

thats not a bad price to pay to stop having to change discs anytime I want to just play a song or two

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as much as it feels recent, you have to remember RB3 rewinds are for a game that came out 7 years ago as of a couple days ago.

More time has passed between RB3's release and now than the time between FreQuency and Rock Band 1.

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
So with the game being on sale for PS4 I'm probably going to buy it but I still need to buy a guitar.

What guitar does everyone have?

More specifically, does anyone own this one?
Rock Band Fender Jaguar Guitar Controller for PlayStation 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I71VETY/?tag=era0f0-20

That's the one I've been thinking about getting due to price and relatively good reviews.