• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
No DLC announcement today but it looks like season pass holders have gotten "Angel of Death" by Slayer, so I guess tomorrow's announcement will be that + some other thrash metal/Slayer song

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dv6h4AKW0AImGCF.jpg:large

Peeeeeeaaaaaaaace

Peace Seeeelllllllllllllsssss

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
It's not Rock Band, but Amplitude by Harmonix is free on PS+ atm. It says PS3 only, but if you go through the checkout process for the PS3 version and then return to the PS4 version, that should also be free.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

It's been years since I've played Rock Band but after watching it being played this past weekend at Magfest, I kinda have an itch to get back into it.

I normally enjoy streaming on Twitch and I was just wondering if there were any audio issues while streaming. I don't have a PC at the moment so all streaming will be done from the Xbox, if that matters.

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

It's been years since I've played Rock Band but after watching it being played this past weekend at Magfest, I kinda have an itch to get back into it.

I normally enjoy streaming on Twitch and I was just wondering if there were any audio issues while streaming. I don't have a PC at the moment so all streaming will be done from the Xbox, if that matters.

Thanks in advance for the help!
The only audio issue is that your stream archives will have large chunks of audio cut from it. While you're actually livestreaming the audio goes untouched.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not the song I would have picked, but I'll take any Babymetal at this point.

Maybe one day we'll get Megitsune.

Nov 1, 2017
"Reelin' In The Years" surely has master issues or rights issues or something, I can't fathom how we haven't gotten it yet otherwise.
Though we know "Do It Again" is useable and haven't gotten that one. Steely Dan would be an awesome surprise.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For those that are interested, both Starlight and When Legends Rise have fully separated stems. However, the mix on When Legends Rise is kind of shit.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really wish that RBN had more All That Remains stuff from This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals, rather than from Overcome and onward.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So here is how the season pass shakes out as far as stems:

Maroon 5 - "Girls Like You" - Hybrid (Bass seems to be tied in with some non-bass parts, but other instruments are separated)
Heart - "Crazy On You" - DIY
Kane Brown - "Lose It" - Full stems
Old Dominion - "Hotel Key" - Full stems
Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life '09" - Full stems
Andrew W.K. - "Music is Worth Living For" - Full stems
Barns Courtney - "99" - Full stems
Slayer - "Angel of Death" - Full stems
BABYMETAL - "Starlight" - Full stems
Godsmack - "When Legends Rise" - Full stems
Seether - "Remedy" - Full stems

So out of the 11 tracks, 9 have fully separated stems, one is mostly separated with the exception of the bass track, and one is a full blown DIY.

Some other things of note. When Legends Rise is horrendously mixed, and Semi-Charmed Life '09 has the same poor sound quality it did in the RBN release last generation. These are more down to what the studio gives Harmonix, rather than anything they can do on their end.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
What they can do on their end is not pick those songs. It's not like either of them are really going to move the needle much.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
What they can do on their end is not pick those songs. It's not like either of them are really going to move the needle much.

Semi-Charmed Life was the 9th best selling RBN track out of 1539 tracks that were available for the service. It'll have sold a healthy amount. When Legends Rise on the other hand, probably not so much. HMX don't have the backing of a big publisher like MTV or EA anymore so they use what they can get these days. The Godsmack song was acquired alongside an in-game promotion for the band's american tour on the main menu, they probably got the license to use the new single for cheaper because of that.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
That's an interesting point about the Third Eye Blind song, but that was a major get for a RBN studio. The Godsmack song is still pretty bleh, though. I can only imagine that it's the length of the licensing agreements that is the cause for the more barebones stuff these days. Record companies are trying to eke out a buck any way they can these days, otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Alright, new season, new songs. Here's the usual breakdown of this week's DLC!

"Body Talks" - The Struts - [Guitar: Tier 3/6 | Drums: Tier 3/6| Vocals: Devil Tier | Bass: Tier 2/6]
Expert Guitar: 78,719 | 100% Notes Hit (454/454) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 117,458 | 100% Notes Hit (584/584) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Shame" - Elle King - [Guitar: Tier 1/6 | Drums: Tier 1/6 | Vocals: Tier 4/6 | Bass: Tier 1/6]
Expert Guitar: 122,562 | 100% Notes Hit (306/306) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 66,561 | 100% Notes Hit (333/333) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations & DLC Impressions: "Body Talks" is the real deal folks. No muffling of any other tracks and your own track falls silent when missing notes, so that's a good start, now, Elle King's single? That's a double affirmative on master tracks. No nonsense this week, we got 2 bona-fide, properly separated tracks this week. Decent!

"Body Talks"
Guitar:
Finally, DLC from one of my favourite modern rock groups! Shame it's one of their weaker tracks though! A pretty solid tier 3 guitar chart right here. Starts off with single note and chord strumming from red notes to green/yellow chords and then transitions into a fun with bouncy section having you zipping back and forth between brief single note hammer-on flourishes. This switches up a few times before taking you right into a solo, lots of less orthodox hammer-ons and some oddly spaced out chord strumming. It's pretty fun, and it's pretty fun for it's short running time. Worth a look. (3.5/5)

Bass: Okay, now this kicked a surprising amount of ass! The whole song has you playing a crazy fast and bouncy riff, double strumming quickly while moving up and down the fretboard at a rapid pace. there's also these bad-ass hammer-on snaking sections, they're on the faster side of things and they'll have you rapidly sweeping up and down the bass neck before ending up on the higher end of the fretboard. Overall, surprisingly good. Well worth getting for the bass alone! (4/5)

"Shame"
Guitar:
Pretty simple for a tier 1 chart but it's fairly fun. Just a really chill mix between spaced out single note strumming, steady two-note chord strumming and some brisk three-note chord plucking as well. Song is fairly short so the general repetition doesn't really outstay it's welcome. A serviceable chart overall and a fun enough song to play if you want to wind down to something a bit more relaxing. (3/5)

Bass: Not too shabby for how low tier it is. Starts off with some spaced-out zipping back and forth between single notes, spaced out 2-3 notes at a time, then the main chorus has you playing a slightly more brisk pattern, about four to five notes at a time, and towards the end a bit of zig-zagging down the fretboard mixes things up again. Nothing too exceptional, but I've played way worse tier 1 bass charts. Not bad! (3/5)

Best Guitar: "Body Talks"
Best Bass: "Body Talks"

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting back into this after discovering how rad Online Quick Play is. That mode generally works super great, but question on one thing: is there a way to change difficulty between songs on a set list that doesn't cause you to have to not have a score on one of the songs? Cause when I'm singing there's songs people can pick I just don't know and on guitar I can do Expert on some, but not all. So if I could mess with it as each song comes up that'd be great.

From what I've been able to see it always kills your score on the song even if you change difficulty before your first note. Which is a bummer.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you have to restart the song if you do that to make it count. If you're the host just restart the song or there is a preset message that asks to restart if you're not. Most people I've played will restart the song if someone asks.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't even think of that as an option. Cool, I'll try asking for a restart next time. I think my natural "don't be a bother" tendency just eliminated that as an option in my brain.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Fuck yes, one of the progenitors of early Emo! Loved their DLC in RBN so I'm glad they're back. Hopefully it's a double single week and we also get "In Circles" which came out as DLC years ago too.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this is the season pass where we get some Between the Buried and Me and Jukebox the Ghost.

And King Crimson. Because I've been asking for that for the last few seasons.

(GH5 was the best GH game)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Hopefully this is the season pass where we get some Between the Buried and Me and Jukebox the Ghost.

Sadly most of the Jukebox The Ghost tracks are languishing in the 700th - 1000th bracket sales-wise out of the 2000 RBN tracks we got so the chances are very slim we get anything from them. I'd at least love to get "The Stars" back.

One of the best alt-strum heavy guitar charts we ever got.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
(GH5 was the best GH game)

I wouldn't go that far, but its track list was super underrated.

Besides King Crimson, I'm still waiting for L.A., Maiden Mother & Crone, Mirror People, Never Miss a Beat, No One to Depend On, Only Happy When It Rains, Send a Little Love Token, Shout It Out Loud, Sowing Season, Sultans of Swing, Sympathy for the Devil, and Woman From Tokyo.