• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
D4R5bZkW4AAXePu.jpg

DA DA DAAA

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
with the ps5 news and it being BC I was all excited to embrace the future until I remembered about this game.

GAH I'm going to lose 5 hours of my life downloading DLC for rockband again aren't I lol.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Dadadadh (dahdahdahdah) Dadadadah (dahdaahdah) HUMIDDLYUMIDDLYEYYYYYY

Probably the best dlc week in years, La Bamba and 500 Miles are absolute bangers.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
with the ps5 news and it being BC I was all excited to embrace the future until I remembered about this game.

GAH I'm going to lose 5 hours of my life downloading DLC for rockband again aren't I lol.

I just hope there won't be controller issues for either Xbox or PS next gen and things will just work.
I want everything to carry over seamlessly.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
All That Remains is hit or miss for me and I don't like that track at all. Newer In This Moment is pretty awful and Vampire Weekend? Indifferent on them, will have to check out the song. Overall not a great week.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Skipping the RBN Re-releases due to them not being my cup of tea, bought the new DLC on a whim though so here's my usual autopsy for Vampire Weekend's latest single!

"Harmony Hall" - Vampire Weekend - [Guitar: Tier 4/6 | Drums: Tier 4/6 | Vocals: Tier 4/6 | Bass: Tier 2/6]
Expert Guitar: 318,164 | 100% Notes Hit (1356/1356) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 103,994 | 100% Notes Hit (456/456) Fulll Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations and DLC Impressions: "The Gun Show" and "Hold On" are RBN re-releases so you can be sure as hell that both of them are legit, they've got master tracks, seperated tracks, the whole works. But what about this week's new DLC? Two tracks in and their streak of seperated tracks continues! No muffling, or downgrade in sound quality across all instruments when missing notes on your own instrument! So yeah, stem detectives, feel free to snatch any and all of these up if they take your fancy!

Harmony Hall

Guitar: Glad I went blind into this one! Helluva chart. Quite a bit of variety for what sounds like a fairly un-assuming song! The main riff is this really tricky pattern that has you gently climbing up to the orange fret with hammer-ons and then zooming all the way back down to the green fret again with a much faster zig-zag sweep. It's tough to consistently hit if you're not experienced with fast sweeping but it's satisfying as hell to hit over and over. Then right after that you head into some alt-charting with some piano charted to single notes and chords zipping back and forth from one side of the fretboard to the next, followed by some fairly off-beat two and three note chord alt-strumming during the main verse! There's also two fun solos here, a piano solo with some fun hammer-ons that gently glide all over the guitar neck and a guitar solo with a ton of non-stop hammer-ons that have you gliding back and forth in a variety of four note long zig-zags. Overall one of the best charts so far this year, and a really pleasant surprise for me, buy it dudes! (5/5)

Bass: Well, right out of the gate you know this is gonna be way less active than the guitar, a 40 second break right at the beginning, nothing to play, nada! Thankfully though, the rest of the song? Surprisingly enjoyable and it more than makes up for it! The chart has this nice sense of escalation to it. You start off with fairly mundane sustained notes but then as the song kicks into gear you get to play all sorts of fun brisk hammer-on patterns, with various strummed notes in the middle of some of them to mix things up and keep you on your toes. Hell, there's even a surprise 7 note sweep in there at one point as well! For a tier 2 chart this is actually one of the better ones I've played recently, which is surprising considering when I first heard this track, I thought the bass was gonna be a complete snoozefest. Well worth a look in my books, and a nice bookend to what for me, was a surprising track overall, definitely a future steadfast favourite in my DLC collection! (4/5)

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
D5-C38GX4AAnaYO.jpg

*sees more ADTR*

:D

*it's not All Signs Point to Lauderdale*

D:

Don't know the Catfish and the Bottlemen song by name. I liked Cocoon and Postpone though, so as long as it's along those lines I'll probably like it.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, since the Sleeping With Sirens song isn't available on Xbox at the moment, here's the usual breakdown of the week's songs, but just for the other two tracks!

"Longshot" – Catfish & The Bottlemen - [Guitar: Tier 3/6 | Drums: Tier 3/6| Vocals: Tier 5/6 | Bass: Tier 2/6]
Expert Guitar: 135,533 | 100% Notes Hit (740/740) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 121,340 | 100% Notes Hit (609/609) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"It's Complicated" - A Day To Remember - [Guitar: Tier 1/6 | Drums: Tier 3/6 | Vocals: Tier 2/6 | Bass: Tier 1/6]
Expert Guitar: 144,754 | 100% Notes Hit (632/632) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 114,956 | 100% Notes Hit (544/544) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations & DLC Impressions: Much like last week, we've got ourselves one new single and two RBN re-releases. Both Sleeping With Sirens and A Day To Remember's offerings are legit, all instrumental audio is seperated with no downgrade in track quality when missing notes. But what about Catfish & The Bottlemen's latest offering? Their streak of master tracks continues. So everything is a safe purchase this week for all of picky boys and girls out there. Break out the wallet!

"Longshot"

Guitar: Catfish & The Bottlemen's streak of fun guitar tracks continues! There's a nice bit of variety on display here. You've got your garden variety steady single note strumming, a variety of galloping riffs, varying between single notes, and two and three note chords, there's also a surprise rapid strumlane to keep you on your toes towards the beginning as well. Throw in a bunch of different hammer-on sweeps and you got a nice grab bag of tricks throughout a solid tier 3 chart. Worth getting! (4/5)

Bass: A pretty rockin' mix of single note strumming, subtle hammer-on sweeps up and down the fretboards between lane changes and some pretty varied alt-strumming to boot that has you travelling briskly back and forth from the middle of the guitar neck to either side on the lower and high frets. Really enjoyable and pretty lively overall and I'd say it's worth looking into if you're not looking for anything too tricky. (3.5/5)

"It's Complicated"

Guitar: For a tier 1 chart, this kicks a surprising amount of ass! It's this nice mix of steady chord strumming, followed by much more aggressive and off-beat chord alt-strumming during the main choruses. The pattern changes up enough to stay engaging for the song's brief 3 minute run-time! It's nice to be pleasantly surprised by such a low tier guitar chart for once. Much better than some of the other lower-tiered ADTR songs to date. (3.5/5)

Bass: Much like the guitar, for the lowe tiering it's bloody fun! It's this lovely mix of bouncy double strumming and a ton of brisk single note alt-strumming that changes it's pace, and pattern up constantly during the main choruses, like a stripped down version of the guitar's chordy verses as well. Enjoyed the crap out of it and I'd say it's worth slapping some of your hard earned cash on! (4/5)

Best Guitar: "Longshot"
Best Bass: "It's Complicated"

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up: The Sleeping With Sirens track has been delayed until after the season following some issues found with the pro drum chart.

Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm crazy but I can't seem to see the discord hidden as a quote, just says hidden content. Can someone link it to me or fix it?

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm crazy but I can't seem to see the discord hidden as a quote, just says hidden content. Can someone link it to me or fix it?
I think the hide functionality changed since I put that in there. I believe you should be able to see it in the OP now since you posted in the thread. If not, just PM me and I'll send you the invite link myself.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, generally speaking, the DLC has been super disappointing for a while now.

I'll probably grab Nemesis for the arbitrary Guitar Hero completionist in me, though.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly wouldn't care as much if the stuff that they already had in the store went on sale more. There's a ton of stuff I would buy still.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I must be the odd-one out. Just about every week this year I've picked up at least one of the other songs released that week, in addition to the spotlight pass song

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
I agree with most everyone here that it has been quite a while about the quality of DLC. I got the 2 songs from the first week of this season (500 Miles and La Bamba) but before that, it was quite a while. I hope this isn't signalling the beginning of the end for RB DLC but I wouldn't be surprised. They at least said it will continue through the end of this year so that's about 7 and a half more months, at least. I assume they will continue this pattern of releasing one new song and one (or a few) RBN songs every week.
I honestly wouldn't care as much if the stuff that they already had in the store went on sale more. There's a ton of stuff I would buy still.
I totally agree! My wish-list is over 150 songs long but at $1.99 a pop there just isn't enough incentive for me to just splurge on my remaining wish list songs. For a while, they were putting a select set songs on sale every single week and I was able to knock a good chunk of songs from my wish list. But they ended that in favor of discounting the new DLC for only two weeks when it first comes out.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
I just wish they would have done more on-disc Rewinds. The RBN stuff is cool and probably cheaper, but missing out on LEGO really hurts. :(

Also pipe dream, but I wish Metallica would bizarrely re-appear.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a question...I had Rock Band way back in the 360 days. Back then, you could put the older games in to unlock all those songs. Looking at picking up a used band set locally, is there any way to do the same thing against a copy of Rock Band 4 on ps4, ie, get the rock band 1 or 2 library into that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
...Alright, I'm intrigued.
I'm not a fan of them at all. Probably doesn't help that Spirits was way overplayed back in 2016.

Personal anecdote: The Strumbellas are the only band I've ever see stand-up a meet-and-greet group at an annual festival that a local radio station puts on. Like, they were in a tent about 100 feet away and just didn't want to come out.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got a question...I had Rock Band way back in the 360 days. Back then, you could put the older games in to unlock all those songs. Looking at picking up a used band set locally, is there any way to do the same thing against a copy of Rock Band 4 on ps4, ie, get the rock band 1 or 2 library into that?
If you bought the exports back in the day when they were still available (and still have access to the account that purchased them), then yes, but the only one that is available now is Rock Band 3, all the other ones (1, 2, Lego) were delisted back in 2015. They only go forward within the same console family though, so if you bought the exports on 360, then you'll have to buy the Xbox One version to get them.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you bought the exports back in the day when they were still available (and still have access to the account that purchased them), then yes, but the only one that is available now is Rock Band 3, all the other ones (1, 2, Lego) were delisted back in 2015. They only go forward within the same console family though, so if you bought the exports on 360, then you'll have to buy the Xbox One version to get them.
Dang it. Was hoping I could buy a used PS3 rock band 2 and tie it to my account and then export the songs into the ps4 rock band 4.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang it. Was hoping I could buy a used PS3 rock band 2 and tie it to my account and then export the songs into the ps4 rock band 4.
In the OP I have a list of "Rock Band Rewinds" that have been put out, which are songs that were on-disc for the previous games (with the exception of The Beatles Rock Band) that are now official dlc. They aren't anywhere near complete setlists for any of the games, and aren't as cost-effective as the exports were, but it's still better than nothing if you missed out on the exports.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of them at all. Probably doesn't help that Spirits was way overplayed back in 2016.

Personal anecdote: The Strumbellas are the only band I've ever see stand-up a meet-and-greet group at an annual festival that a local radio station puts on. Like, they were in a tent about 100 feet away and just didn't want to come out.
Yeah, having listened to Salvation now I'm out of work it really seems...generic. Like another alternative song I've heard at another place by another band.

I've never been so disappointed by a lack of emo farming.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
All these recent pop/indie bands are completely uninteresting to me and don't even seem like they have interesting instrument tracks to play.

Where's the good ol guitar driven stuff like we got in the GH/RB2/3 era? Gimme some classic rock or 80s or 90s rock.

Sigh. I think I'm just too old and out of touch for this game anymore.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
The Strumbellas, you say? Not their song "Running Scared"? Darn (my kids love that one of theirs)

Really hope we get a Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears track at some point before DLC finishes up.

Where's the good ol guitar driven stuff like we got in the GH/RB2/3 era? Gimme some classic rock or 80s or 90s rock.

I want all of it and why I keep my 360 around.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Dimmu Borgir seems like such a weird choice for Rock Band and I don't even really know why I feel like that.

Puritania would have been neat as a CKY3 throwback though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Here you go folks, the skinny on this week's polar opposite DLC selection!

"The Serpentine Offering" - Dimmu Borgir - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Drums: Tier 5 | Vocals: Tier 0 | Bass: Tier 4]
Expert Guitar: 219,140 | 1158/1158 Hotes Hit | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 279,837 | 1321/1321 Notes Hit | Gold Stars

"Salvation" - The Strumbellas - [Guitar: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: | 91,921 531/531 Hotes Hit | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: | 59,695 228/228 Notes Hit | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations & DLC Impressions: Dimmu Borgir's return to Rock Band has master tracks as you'd expect, considering the track's history as an RBN track. And the Strumbella's offering this week is legit as well. The song mutes your own instrument when missing notes, and none of the other instrumental tracks muffle or falter at all. Both tracks are a safe purchases this week!

Salvation

Expert Guitar: A lot more fun than I expected, the main verses have you hitting this zag-zagging pattern back and forth between the blue and orange frets while moving up and down to the higher frets every few seconds, it's got a nice "dancy" feel to it. Then the main chorus winds down with some sustains and short bursts of chord strumming at the end to bookmark it. After that there's some lower fret anchoring zig-zagging to finish things off as well. Overall, not too bad and more active than I thought it'd be! (3.5/5)

Expert Bass: Not that great to be honest. There's like one good bit throughout the entire song. And that's during the main chorus where you get bouncy bursts of 3-4 single notes at a time that have you fingering back and forth across the fretboard gently. Aside from that it's long as hell single note sustains throughout. although there is an orange and green chord thrown in there, which is....kinda rare for a bass chart I guess. Bleh. (2/5)

The Serpentine Offering

Expert Guitar: Here's a tricky as fuck chart that strikes a perfect balance between challenge and fun! You'd better be well versed in note anchoring, slightly off-beat alt-strumming and rapid strumming because this prime piece of symphonic black metal is gonna test all of those skills! The vast majority of the song is rapid strumming single notes with a ton of lane changing, you'll run through a whole smorgasbord of fretwork, including some spaced out relaxed chord strumming and brisk zig-zagging single notes strumming during the main choruses and the breakdown halfway through to wind down, but between those quiet parts are a shitload of different variants on chugging fast riffs. Including a rather tricky variation of the riff that has you sweeping back to the green fret with hammer-ons between gallops. It's an absolute beast of a song with a lot to offer for those willing to challenge themselves a little. Dive in if you're up for it. (5/5)

Expert Bass: Hope you've got your wrist limbered up kids because this is a fast, chuggy bastard of a song on bass. Starts off with a crazy long string of fast alt-strumming, changing lanes every 40-50 notes or so, although there is a stretch of yellow notes that go on for at least double the length, weighing in at 100 notes or so, which could cause some folks to lose their rhythm. The rest of the song is this kick ass mirroring of the guitar chart mainly. Tons of little tweaks on fast rapid alt-strumming with some hammer-on sweeps inbetween to mix things up. It never stays the same and towards the end you even get some rapid anchored riffs as well to nail at the backend of the song. Fucking awesome on bass, totally recommend it if you've got the skills to play it consistently! (5/5)

Last edited:

UCFJake

Nov 20, 2017
Savannah, GA