• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I just have no fucking luck. I bought a couple of new drum pads for my old RB2 kit and they worked wonderfully until my red one completely busted off the kit. like this.

fbkinPA.jpg

I've had my kit since RB2 launched and I never had any real issues until I started using them for RB4. The rubber bubbled and came off 3 of my drums a couple years ago and I've done various fixes to just keep the thing alive for as long as possible and now I just have no idea what to do.
Make friends with your local thrift store. We don't keep them at my store because they don't sell but we still get rock band drum sets about every other month at my store.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Make friends with your local thrift store. We don't keep them at my store because they don't sell but we still get rock band drum sets about every other month at my store.

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I've gone to the few we have around here and they only ever have wireless guitars without dongles but I'll definitely talk to them next time I go in.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I've gone to the few we have around here and they only ever have wireless guitars without dongles but I'll definitely talk to them next time I go in.
I know with my store if we know someone is looking for something we will often try to put it out for them. (we won't hold or anything so it will just go on the floor and if it sells it sells)

but stuff like rock band drums take up a lot of room so unless we know someone wants it we wouldn't bother putting them out unless we are super low on everything else.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Miley covers from Black Mirror would have rounded out this week nicely. Though I don't think people wanna pay for a song they already own.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone was selling this for $10 on Facebook market but by the time I messaged them they had already sold it. I've been waiting forever to get this $15 or less.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, they actually fixed the online crashing? Hope it actually works. I would get a crash at around 2 hours pretty much every time. Great news!

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Can anyone explain the 30-song mega pack that's on sale at the moment?

According to the Xbox Store, I don't own it, but have 5 of the 30 songs installed. According to the in-game store, I have 12 songs in my library already but there are only 22 songs listed in the pack, and the other ten it lists don't say if they're installed or not, just "..."

... what's the deal? I have no idea what happens if I buy it or if I own the content in it already or where half the content in-game even is.

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain the 30-song mega pack that's on sale at the moment?

According to the Xbox Store, I don't own it, but have 5 of the 30 songs installed. According to the in-game store, I have 12 songs in my library already but there are only 22 songs listed in the pack, and the other ten it lists don't say if they're installed or not, just "..."

... what's the deal? I have no idea what happens if I buy it or if I own the content in it already or where half the content in-game even is.
Do you own any of the exports? A good chunk of the songs in the pack are the bonus songs from Rock Band 1 and 2, so if I had to guess you already have a mix of them installed.

Rock Band:
  • The Acro-brats – "Day Late Dollar Short"
  • Anarchy Club – "Blood Doll"
  • Bang Camaro – "Pleasure (Pleasure)"
  • Death of the Cool – "Can't Let Go"
  • Freezepop – "Brainpower"
  • Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives – "I Get By"
  • Tijuana Sweetheart – "Seven"
  • Tribe – "Outside"

Rock Band 2:
  • Anarchy Club – "Get Clean"
  • Bang Camaro II – "Night Lies"
  • Breaking Wheel – "Shoulder to the Plow"
  • The Main Drag – "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter"
  • Speck – "Conventional Lover"
  • That Handsome Devil – "Rob the Prez-O-Dent"

Any of those look familiar?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Yeah, I have all the exports (except track packs). Just unsure how much there is in the pack I don't actually have, since the numbers are different depending where I look!

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have all the exports (except track packs). Just unsure how much there is in the pack I don't actually have, since the numbers are different depending where I look!
If you have all the exports and the Rock Band Free Pack that had the RB2 bonus songs, then you'll be getting 16 songs from the pack. The rest of the songs are all from Rock Band Network, and you can only get them from this pack.

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
I wonder if it's that bands don't really care or want to bother with Rock Band anymore because it's now such a niche game or if Harmonix's DLC budget is so low that all they can get is cheap, indie bands, or bands they have done business with before and have a good relationship with.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it's that bands don't really care or want to bother with Rock Band anymore because it's now such a niche game or if Harmonix's DLC budget is so low that all they can get is cheap, indie bands, or bands they have done business with before and have a good relationship with.
It's the second one. Very few bands go out of their way to turn down a paycheck, no matter how small.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Either way I've maybe bought two or three songs in the past year, when I'm ready to buy stuff every week. It's pretty dead for me in terms of DLC now.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly at this point I'm usually just going through the old dlc and purchasing songs that is in my wishlist.