• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
They finally added the new No Age album to Spotify and it absolutely rips. A nice return to form for them. Easily my favorite album of the year so far

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
JULY 28TH - Smashing Pumpkins

JULY 30TH - My Bloody Valentine

JULY 31st - Radiohead

Decided to turn my little day trip up to Philly for Radiohead into a full scale deal. My favorite all time band (SP, seeing them for the 4th time) and two of my other favorite bands ever for the first time. I'm levitating

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone listen to the new Speedy Ortiz? I thought Foil Deer was pretty bad and dupuis' solo record was even worse but this is a nice bounce back. Still not their old selves but solid.
I saw them by myself in 2013. Totally worth it. Bring earplugs.
Took your rec and copped. Now I just have to get around to listening to m b v...I'm the only person in the world who can't keep up with Kevin shields rate of output

OP
OP
Ampersands

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone listening to Launder? They just released an EP, Pink Cloud. The guy from DIIV is a collaborator so it really channels that DIIV/early Beach Fossils sound. Great stuff.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The new Beach House is amazing. Pre-ordered the vinyl from sub-pop and got an early stream. I think it might be their best album yet :0

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Just found this album through Pitchfork (they started doing a series on Sundays of classic indie/rock albums).

Jonathan Richman - I, Jonathan

This album is perfect. Also great for this time of the year as it's getting warmer ("That Summer Feeling"!).

any thoughts on his other albums I should check out?

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Just found this album through Pitchfork (they started doing a series on Sundays of classic indie/rock albums).

This album is perfect. Also great for this time of the year as it's getting warmer ("That Summer Feeling"!).

You should probably listen to his band prior to him going solo, The Modern Lovers. I don't know much of his solo career tbh.

''

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I think I remember Jonathan Richman being a guest on Space Ghost Coast to Coast back in the day lol

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY

I'm particularly fond of It's Time For... from '86. Second-to-last album with the Modern Lovers, Andy Paley producing, very innocent, nostalgic '60s styled pop.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Protip for the homies using iOS: You can get free concert tickets ($2 fee) to underselling shows with the Loudie app. I just got some tickets to The Fratellis and i've won tickets to festivals a few months ago, don't tell anyone though, don't want the app getting too popular :P

Saw him live with Mac Demarco, he's okay. I definitely prefer the Modern Lovers.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Ahhhh, new Dirty Projectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYq5Ch-FFcs

jN8PFoj.jpg

Side A
1. Right Now (feat. Syd)
2. Break-Thru
3. That's A Lifestyle
4. I Feel Energy (feat. Amber Mark)
5. Zombie Conqueror (feat. Empress Of)
Side B
6. Blue Bird
7. I Found It In U
8. What Is The Time
9. You're The One (feat. Robin Pecknold & Rostam)
10. (I Wanna) Feel It All (feat. Dear Nora)

Sounds way more upbeat than the last album :D

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah to some new Protomartyr!

"Protomartyr will release 'Consolation E.P.' on 15th June 2018."

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
I've just listened to that new Protomartyr track 3 times in a row. That band is, as mentioned, just on another level completely. And it sounds like they're still improving.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm still so pissed I skipped Protomartyr last gig in town to go to a shitty birthday party.
That new single is awesome. I can't wait for the Ep.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so pissed I skipped Protomartyr last gig in town to go to a shitty birthday party.
That new single is awesome. I can't wait for the Ep.
Fortunately one of the many great things about protomartyr is that they tour hard. There's a good chance they'll be in your city once or more over the next year

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a bit late to the party but I saw this Manchester band named Duds on the weekend. Went in completely blind but I thought they were rad. Really energetic live performers but still nailing their strange arrangements.They released an album last year on Castle Face records.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FYF was cancelled :(. I hope that is just evidence of a down festival year. I was so looking forward to seeing US Girls, Nils Frahm, Bicep, and US Girls. Hopefully US Girls adds some tour dates around CA. Already bought tickets to Nils Frahm in S.F.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
The Belly reunion record came out. It's...ok. I'm glad that they did it, regardless.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I've been so into Sidney Gish lately. If you like Frankie Comos check her out.

"I Eat Salads" and "Homecoming Serf"... not sure how you couldn't like these songs.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
FYF was cancelled :(. I hope that is just evidence of a down festival year. I was so looking forward to seeing US Girls, Nils Frahm, Bicep, and US Girls. Hopefully US Girls adds some tour dates around CA. Already bought tickets to Nils Frahm in S.F.

The festival economy in general is dying. Outside of the biggest of the big, people just aren't shelling out to go to festivals anymore. And the lack of modern buzzworthy acts (where basically the only monoculture is Beyonce at this point) has killed headliner potential for most acts.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The festival economy in general is dying. Outside of the biggest of the big, people just aren't shelling out to go to festivals anymore. And the lack of modern buzzworthy acts (where basically the only monoculture is Beyonce at this point) has killed headliner potential for most acts.

I personally just think they were charging way too much money for FYF. I like the 2 day festival setup more than the 3 day but the lineup wasn't super unique compared to Pitchfork on the same weekend. I still bought tickets since I'm in CA but now I'm thinking about Desert Daze or ACL in October since I'm getting my money back. I also have tickets to LiB in September. I'm just always scared that tickets will sell out when it's really only Coachella that regularly sells out.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Listened to all the available Beach House tracks from '7' and I like them a lot, Dive in particular. Getting some shoegaze/mbv vibes from that one. Love the transition into the more energetic second half. Can't wait for friday.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Listened to all the available Beach House tracks from '7' and I like them a lot, Dive in particular. Getting some shoegaze/mbv vibes from that one. Love the transition into the more energetic second half. Can't wait for friday.
I love the sprinkle of psychedelic spacey sounds they're adding to this album. I can see it being my new favorite album from them.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Friday! I've been holding out on listening to Black Car and any other new songs. Lots of good buzz for it though.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Listened to the beach house. Need a few more listens.

Man fuck my life. Nils Frahm in s.f. Was cancelled probably because it wasn't worth flying to CA after FYF was cancelled. I should have known. Now I have to wait for AXS refund.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Trying to get through this Beach House album but I've just been listening to the opener on loop for 20 minutes

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
so it appears Scott Hutchison, singer/songwriter for Frightened Rabbit, took his own life. Unconfirmed now but he's been missing and they found a body.

I was never really into FR but listening to some records now. Real sad. RIP dude.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Frightened Rabbit were huge for me in high school and college, from Midnight Organ Fight through Pedestrian Verse. Scott was a wonderful songwriter and their music was way more sonically creative than they ever got credit for. Hurting for the Hutchison fam right now.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at U.S Girls gig, I told to one of the band that they last album was my AOTY. Meghan said hi to me ^_^

The new Beach House is good but I need to listen it with my desktop setup. It's not the kind of album that you listen on a train

And Protomartyr will play in "my town" in July, can't wait

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Manchester Orchestra live again yesterday in Denver. If you haven't listened to this band yet, you have to. They are absolutely incredible.

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Saw the new Sscion album is getting buzz in Noisey. Some cool features like with Roisín Murphy, Sky Ferreira and Ariel Pink. That reminds me, where is Sky's new album? Seems we've been getting teases for Masochism for like 3 years now.