• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, last week Superchunk surprise dropped their new record "Superchunk As Fuck". Ok, it's actually "Acoustic Foolish", new acoustic arrangements of the entire record to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of Foolish. It's pretty cool.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Were any of you into Keane in the 2000s and early 2010s? They reunited and released a new single. New album in September.
Digging it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Neat stuff that you can find on the internet. This is a kids punk band from the early 80's. The guitarist is Jason Narducy and the singer is Dave Grohl's cousin, who apparently helped get him into music.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the new Alex Lahey record is overproduced. Maybe she wanted to be more poppy, but it's a bit much in places.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Kristin Hersh is still amazing. Set was mostly her newer solo stuff but there was some Throwing Muses and 50 Foot Wave also in the mix.

2Qat4gn.jpg

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Months behind on this one but the Ty Segall & Freedom Band live album Deforming Lobes is kickass. "Finger" Checked it out after the announcement of his new record, that track "Taste" is a cool new direction. Sounds like Tobacco with an incredible krauty repetitive drum finale.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Really digging the new Raconteurs album definitely gonna get alot of play. Had the chance to check out Yukon Blonde last night and they were pretty great live and honestly better than I expected.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how I haven't heard of this artist before, but my GOD. So beautiful.

Edit - Admittedly, this feels more pop than other indie rock tracks, so feel free to remove if this doesn't belong here.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
New black keys and raconteurs in back to back weeks? What a time to be alive. Both albums are very very good IMO.

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Back in Avalon again. Haven't moved from the Other Stage, such a good lineup today. Tame Impala area about to come on and I can't wait. Hopefully they play more new material and change it up from when I was at their Coachella set in April

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First song off of The Black Key's newest album, Shine a Little Light, totally took me by surprise! Sounds absolutely amazing

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Only at Glastonbury could you watch Boy Azooga, Babymetal, Fat White Family, Miley Cyrus, Billie Eilish, Bananarama and The Cure all on the same day. Crazy scenes.

Back in Avalon again. Haven't moved from the Other Stage, such a good lineup today. Tame Impala area about to come on and I can't wait. Hopefully they play more new material and change it up from when I was at their Coachella set in April

Hope you had a good one. Damn, it was hot this year.

Last edited:

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Only at Glastonbury could you watch Boy Azooga, Babymetal, Fat White Family, Miley Cyrus, Billie Eilish, Bananarama and The Cure all on the same day. Crazy scenes.

Hope you had a good one. Damn, it was hot this year.

Yeah, seem to always avoid the wash out years. Everywhere seemed to be a lot more busier, probably a knock on affect with people moving around and not chilling at the tents with the good weather. Onto next year for the 50th anniversary though the organisers would do well to beat the lineup this year which was nuts.

Oct 28, 2017
Their new songs have a pretty different sound with St Vincent's production, so that's probably the reason. But yeah, the timing is weird. I don't know how their creative process works, did the others overrule her if she didn't like the direction?

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Janet Weiss quit Sleater-Kinney.

Timing seems strange with the album done, an appearance on Fallon and the tour scheduled. I'm so bummed, without Weiss, there is no SK imo.
I think there's still S-K--the first two albums were without Janet, after all--but it's not the same S-K, which matches what we've heard from these singles.
Their new songs have a pretty different sound with St Vincent's production, so that's probably the reason. But yeah, the timing is weird. I don't know how their creative process works, did the others overrule her if she didn't like the direction?
Just the timing of it, the fact that Janet played on the album, played on Fallon, and did early press like the Fader interview, makes me think something happened in the lead up to tour. I mean, she doesn't look all that engaged on the Fallon performance. My guess is the robotic beats of the new record are so un-fun to play for her, and they were trying to do shit like get her to always have a click track in-ear, and after giving it a try she realized it wasn't for her.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting into this record by the unfortunately named Mannequin Pussy

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Idles played their biggest show yet at Glastonbury and you can see a dream come true here, what a set. During Danny Nedelko, Talbot is so moved by the huge crowd that he breaks down, while Mark Bowen is crowdsurfing and doing the vocals instead

It's fun seeing the same energy they put out in smaller venues now translated to big crowds. The entire set is a lot of fun to watch: https://youtu.be/OFMgGmAK004

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Idles played their biggest show yet at Glastonbury and you can see a dream come true here, what a set. During Danny Nedelko, Talbot is so moved by the huge crowd that he breaks down, while Mark Bowen is crowdsurfing and doing the vocals instead

It's fun seeing the same energy they put out in smaller venues now translated to big crowds. The entire set is a lot of fun to watch: https://youtu.be/OFMgGmAK004

fuuuuuuuck this is beautiful

No I'm not crying

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Like this An Horse record. "Australian lesbian singer songwriters" is an oddly expanding part of my library.

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
My summer throwback Spotify playlist bright back songs I haven't listened to in years like from Tokyo Police Clubs Champ, Yeti (band of the Libertines bassist John Hassall), Public Access TV's debut album from a couple of years ago and Hinds. Apart from The Black Keys, the Raconteurs and the Vampire Weekend Albums from the last few weeks, haven't found anything in the past few weeks worth listening to on repeat

Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2018
Goddamn, that Purple Mountains album is terrific and depressing and wonderful. I'm so glad Berman is back, probably my favorite album of the year so far.