• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Vivian Girls are back with their first record in 8 years coming in September! They're playing a bunch of shows too. Definitely gonna make it out for the Brooklyn show.

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Going to be in London at the same time Bombay Bicycle Club are putting on a show next month, be great to see them. Looking forward to hearing new material

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
For some reason I never got around to anything Wilco. I'm rectifying that now and listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and liking it quite a bit even on first listen. I guess essentials besides that are Ghost is Born, Summerteeth and Being There?

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo trying to remember this band from the early to mid 00s. They were hyped out of NYC but never really broke through. They were a rock band but more chill than the Strokes/Hives/Strips etc.. from the whole garage rock revival thing.

Alls I can think of is auto something...

Idk if I found the one album on spotify I'd know its what I'm looking for.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Yo trying to remember this band from the early to mid 00s. They were hyped out of NYC but never really broke through. They were a rock band but more chill than the Strokes/Hives/Strips etc.. from the whole garage rock revival thing.

Alls I can think of is auto something...

Idk if I found the one album on spotify I'd know its what I'm looking for.
Autolux is chill and early 00's? But they're from California.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Production in it is kind of fun. Not that impactful on an emotional level (other than the last two tracks perhaps), but it's got details that are engaging to listen to.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Bandcamp email: New release from Prince Rama
Me: Sweet! It's been a while since I heard anything about them.
Google more info: Prince Rama call it quits; release farewell EP
Me: fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018
Calva Louise has been occupying way too much time on my summer playlist and i still can't get enough. Such a fun band so i thought i'll share to ERA.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
That new Alex G is one of the best albums of the year. Songwriting as heartbreaking and beautiful as ever. He definitely indulges in a few extremely experimental moments, but I feel like they hit the mark. Much better in that regard than Beach Music. Bad Man is the only not good track on the album, probably won't be itching to listen to Sugar often since it's goddamn heavy.

Check it out. Probably only beneath DSU for me.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
I can not stop listening to the new Tropical Fuck Storm. I missed their album last year so I'll have to give it a listen as well

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, I'm really into this new Pixies record. It's got some really cool melodic/atmospheric bits. Definitely their best work since reforming.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Posted this in the metal thread cause I thought we had no rock thread, hope you guys will enjoy. Maybe not for everyone's taste in here, but who knows.
Since we don't have have a Rock Thread I'm gonna plug a really good local band from here in Greece called Villagers of Ioannina City. Their first English album came out today, and its pretty damn good. It lost some of the uniqueness of their earlier work of being a blend of traditonal Greek Folk Music and Heavy Rock but there is a small twinge of it that pops out here and there. For comparison, Today's Dance of and one of my favorite songs from their previous Single, Zvara:

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely and instantly obsessed with new-ish UK act, Dry Cleaning. This song is bonkers good and RIYL Velvet Underground, Pixies, Josephine Wiggs, Mary Timony, Laurie Anderson.

Also enjoyed their glib post punk single from the summer:

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely and instantly obsessed with new-ish UK act, Dry Cleaning. This song is bonkers good and RIYL Velvet Underground, Pixies, Josephine Wiggs, Mary Timony, Laurie Anderson.

Also enjoyed their glib post punk single from the summer:

dry cleaning are great! love a band coming out the gate with 2 eps in a year. the earlier one is real nice and based off that song sit down meal #2 will be just as good.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I loved Alex Cameron's Forced Witness, one of my favorite 2017 albums, but Miami Memory is a bit of a disappointment for me. Lyrics are not as good and the songs not that catchy.

Scorch

Oct 28, 2017
California
Really liking the new Girl Band album on first couple of listens. Need to revisit their previous album soon:

Also digging Dry Cleaning a few posts up; thanks for sharing!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, I didn't know Kim Shattuck of the Muffs had ALS and she just passed away. I still listen to Blonder and Blonder now and then.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
New Angel Olsen tonight, can't fucking wait. Also, saw Vampire Weekend last night at the Hollywood Bowl. Great show, luckily I wasn't next to any loud frat boys since it's a sit down show. They didn't play Diplomat's Son :[
Lana del Rey album is real good
Still surprised this has stuck in my rotation for so long.