• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This thrash album King Gizzard made is my first exposure to them but good god is it great. Probably my favorite record of the year so far. I had it on repeat three times at work today and I'm listening to it again at home now.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I went to see Matt & Kim on Saturday night. The opener was a trio of kids called Beach Goons and they were fucking awesome.

Really cool mix of surf rock, punk rock, 90s alt rock, and some 50s-ish guitar rock.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Still bumping the DIIV album. It's incredible and what they've been working towards making. Saw them in Detroit a few weeks ago and they were great. Better than the last time I saw them.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Went to Chromatics earlier this week. I didn't expect that much from it but it was a pretty great show. Setlist was mostly Kill for Love, some Night Drive and the famous covers. Too bad my favorite song (The Page) didn't make the cut.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I went to see Matt & Kim on Saturday night. The opener was a trio of kids called Beach Goons and they were fucking awesome.

Really cool mix of surf rock, punk rock, 90s alt rock, and some 50s-ish guitar rock.

Will check this out -- sounds right up my alley!

One of my favorite indie artists, Matt Maltese, has a new album out today. I'm on my 3rd listen already -- check it out!

Previous gems:

Tagging Poch since he's enjoyed him in the past!

Last edited:

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Will check this out -- sounds right up my alley!

One of my favorite indie artists, Matt Maltese, has a new album out today. I'm on my 3rd listen already -- check it out!

Previous gems:

Tagging Poch since he's enjoyed him in the past!

Great stuff, thanks for the heads up.

If I can find it in me to get It Might Be Time - Tame Impala off of repeat, I'll give it a go!

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here into Whyte Horses?

They got onto my radar because they were playing the Boaty Weekender this summer. I ended up falling in love with their most recent record. RIYL Belle & Sebastian, 60s pop, psychedelia, Saint Etienne, deep dives into obscure tune. They have a record coming early i the year of all covers, mostly of 60s/70s pop, many obscure some more well known.

They were insanely good live on the Boaty Weekender and just released this clip of the day we docked in Sardinia, so charming and lovely.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
King Krule is going on tour so he may just release a new record early next year.

King-Krule.jpg

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Found The Color And Sound via Spotify and now I love them. But geez, the song that made me super interested them has a music video with just barely over 50k views on youtube. Spreading the word.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm listening to Big Thief's UFOF and I love it (Cattails is my favorite), but at the same time I can't stop hearing Blonde Redhead's Misery is a Butterfly in it.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Not sure if there are any fans here but there's a new Of Montreal album out friday that's their catchiest stuff since the Hissing Fauna or False Priest days.

Seems like it'll be a fun album tho 2018's White Is Relic/Irrealis Mood was pretty great and a more approachable version of the jumbled song structures they used in Skeletal Lamps and Paralytic Stalks

Last edited:

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
New U.S. Girls album out March 6th. New single/video here. Definitely gonna try going to their show in LA.

Also, I guess the King Krule release date got leaked. Album is gonna be called Man Alive!, out February 21.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone into Hinds?

Saw them over the summer on the Boaty Weekender and they are INCREDIBLE live. They have a new album coming (first two tracks are just ok to me) but more exciting is that they just announced a major tour.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
What are your guys thoughts on showing up to shows late?

I want to go see PUP but I may not be able to get there until maybe an hour after the doors open. I think I would only miss the opening act, but if that's a dick move I won't go.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017

I want to go see PUP but I may not be able to get there until maybe an hour after the doors open. I think I would only miss the opening act, but if that's a dick move I won't go.

lol no, opening acts are boring anyway. The only good one that I remember was a girl, before Fever Ray, who was using a strap-on.

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018
lol no, opening acts are boring anyway. The only good one that I remember was a girl, before Fever Ray, who was using a strap-on.
Heavily disagreed. Seen plenty of shows where the opening act ended up being the best thing of the night. Of course it is worth going for just the headliner alone but don't sleep on the supports people!

Your favorite band was once a support for somebody else!

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
That's really closed minded. Everybody has to start somewhere and if nobody went to see them in the early days your favourite bands today might not even exist.

Last edited:

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Definitely go! PUP are a good time live. I'd say about half the shows I go to I usually miss the openers. I usually only make an effort to see all the bands if for some rare occasion I like all the bands playing.

edit: I've also done the exact opposite where I went specifically to see an opener and left before the headlining band that I had no interest in seeing.

swoon

Oct 25, 2017
at the very least it's not rude to go to a show late or leave early or whatever.

but if you really going to get there an hour after doors open, i doubt you'll have missed anything. that said it looks like pup is touring w/ screaming females who are great.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
at the very least it's not rude to go to a show late or leave early or whatever.

but if you really going to get there an hour after doors open, i doubt you'll have missed anything. that said it looks like pup is touring w/ screaming females who are great.

Not at the show I'm going to unfortunately, I would love to see Screaming Females.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
New Kvelertak is very good, was worried but I think they're in a good spot with their new vocalist.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
86285133_10157754493966183_2291996781975699456_o.jpg

So this is happening. Hopefully there will be a full on tour with europe included!
I just went on a wild ride from this. Looked up the Cincy show on Ticketmaster/Stubhub and it had already sold out and scalpers have pushed the secondary market up by an extra $100. Then I went to Foxy's own webpage to see if they're going to do a second run and saw they're actually opening for Vampire Weekend here in Columbus on an extension of a tour that I wasn't paying any attention to because I had bought my ex and I tickets to the Philly show before we broke up last year and ended up giving her both of them! So I'm 100% in for that. I'm over her enough now, I'll definitely be good come September.

This thrash album King Gizzard made is my first exposure to them but good god is it great. Probably my favorite record of the year so far. I had it on repeat three times at work today and I'm listening to it again at home now.
Its really fantastic. I've been a fan of King Gizzard for a while but their prior ablum Fishing for Fishies was a little too "jam band" to stick with me. I had no idea this was coming so shortly after and it really reignited the little metalhead in my soul. Currently seeking some other contemporary thrash, I don't like cookie monster vocals so options seem to be limited.