• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize there was a new Clearance album out last week. Decent Chicago band, worth a look if you like '90s Kiwi indie rock or the Malkmus album this year wasn't enough Malkmus for you.
https://clearance.bandcamp.com/album/at-your-leisure
EDIT: I posted this while listening to their enjoyable but Pavement-imitation-sounding first record but now I actually listened to the second and it's better than the first. Could grow a lot with more listens.

Also enjoying this new album from the (horribly named) Campdogzz. Sequencing is off but that's the only obvious problem. Indie rock and folk.
https://15passenger.bandcamp.com/album/in-rounds
First album is still better though, great drumming on it.
https://campdogzz.bandcamp.com/album/riders-in-the-hills-of-dying-heaven

Tracks I liked this week were the new Ava Luna single:

and the debut single from new Saddle Creek Records act Black Belt Eagle Scout, which anybody who's into Lucy Dacus should dig plenty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXsfiYigeg4

Last edited:

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
I sense a graphic design trend

ElashG7.jpg
FZAd6dl.jpg
RkzqW3O.jpg

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
So Vanpire Weekends new album is apparently done. There mastering it atm.

I'm guessing we'll see it in November or December most likely.

OP
OP
Ampersands

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone listening to the new Mitski?

I find it an easier first listen than Puberty 2. More polished but her voice is still able to carry the emotion I loved about her earlier work.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
I'm really enjoying the new Death Cab for Cutie album. I think it's their best since Plans. 'Your Hurricane' is so good. I think this will be a great album for the fall

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Man this thread is kinda dead. Rock really is dead (lol)

Foxing's new album is amazing, Death Cab's is solid, Nothing put out another solid shoegaze album, and the new Interpol imo is their best in a long time. Lots of good new music!

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the band, but they put on a good show the few times I caught them as an opening act. But R. I. P to the singer of We Came as Romans, 28 is too young.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not atypical for this thread but I've been about 35 years LTTP with The Waterboys, been listening to them a lot lately.

They deserved to be so much bigger than they were...

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
New Idles is great. Bursting with energy, wit and politically driven anger. On top of that, there are some seriously heartfelt songs on here. June gives me chills.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Big Red Machine is quality, if not the next essential release from either artist. Hope they keep at it though, definitely a sound there worth developing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Guys, I am obsessed with the Matt Maltese album. He's had a few singles over the past few years that went under my radar so this is all new and I am totally enamored. What a voice. What a talented writer. He has a very bright future ahead of him.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6TQBSDaY7mVEjwK3QxQUfA?si=p3PEuIJ0R7KvwOKnAjAnfA

One of many of the truly excellent songs on the album, "As The World Caves In":

This was good, really enjoyed listening to the album.

He's doing a gig in Bristol at the end of November so half tempted to look into it

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
New Idles is great. Bursting with energy, wit and politically driven anger. On top of that, there are some seriously heartfelt songs on here. June gives me chills.

Saw them live on Sunday, one of the best live bands I've seen in years. Unbelievable amounts of energy with the crowd screaming every word. It was nuts.

just dropping in to say fuck the orwells

I had the misfortune of seeing these pricks live last year. Tuneless dross.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've had the new Thrice on vinyl for a couple of days. Definitely not their best but super interesting and diverse with some beautiful vocal melodies. I need to listen to a it a few more times fo fully grasp where it sits in comparison to their other stuff.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
The fake ring wear thing is always corny but if anybody gets license to do it it's kurt

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Digging the new Spiritualized on first listen. There's a little from each era on there. And he's way up on the list of people who make perfect opening tracks. It seems like every album starts with a perfect song.

Stoked for the new Kurt Vile, too.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
Digging the new Spiritualized on first listen. There's a little from each era on there. And he's way up on the list of people who make perfect opening tracks. It seems like every album starts with a perfect song.

Stoked for the new Kurt Vile, too.
It's so damn good. Could easily end up being one of my favorite albums ever. The album just completely resonates with me from start to finish

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
Took a couple of listens but I'm really liking the new Low. The Mimi parts are incredible. I saw them last year where they were playing some of the new tracks on a church organ and with a sampler and a drum machine. There was this amazing track that unfortunately didn't make it onto the album and is probably a b-side.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Took a couple of listens but I'm really liking the new Low. The Mimi parts are incredible. I saw them last year where they were playing some of the new tracks on a church organ and with a sampler and a drum machine. There was this amazing track that unfortunately didn't make it onto the album and is probably a b-side.
I wish I could say the same, but I'm the opposite :( Tried to get into the new album but just can't. It's a shame because they're playing near me in a few weeks but I don't think I'd enjoy the new material live so I'll probably give it a miss...

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could say the same, but I'm the opposite :( Tried to get into the new album but just can't. It's a shame because they're playing near me in a few weeks but I don't think I'd enjoy the new material live so I'll probably give it a miss...

Low are really really really good live though and they are often rearrange the more experimental material to sound more lush. When I first saw them they were still playing tracks from Drums and Guns but were rearranged to sound more like classic style low songs. Same with the new material when I saw them last year, it sounded quite lush. Have no idea if they are going to tour like that show though because Alan didn't use his guitar and Mimi wasn't drumming! Might have been just for that show because they were commissioned to perform new music on the Union Chapel organ.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The new Metric is pretty great IMO, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that last album which was totally unremarkable on nearly every front.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Lord Huron in STL last night. Incredible show though I was disappointed they changed the set list they had been using all summer. No Frozen Pines :(

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
New Mono album Nowhere Hear Now coming in January 2019, first song "After You Comes the Flood" released today!

It's Mono so of course it's fucking awesome and I can't wait to see them live for the 3rd time next Monday.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow totally missed that the new Joyce Manor record came out last week.

Can't wait to listen.