• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

I'll be the judge of that!... tonight after I give a listen. I was disappointed at first with "Cody" as it did seem a bit boring especially compared to the ammmmazing "Never Hungover Again" but it really grew on me. I think I'll like the new album based off the singles released.

I read an interview yesterday where Barry said he basically made "Of All Things..." as sort of a toss off. He felt a lot of pressure after the first album and just wanted to put something "weird" out and he doesn't like it very much now. Interesting as I think it's my fav alongside NHA.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
Like it...hate it...ignore it. I finally somehow got my band's album on the major streaming platforms so I want to share:

The Slow Claps - The Worst Case Scenario on Spotify

On Apple Music

I did all of the mixing myself and it was a constant learning process. I know it's nowhere near where it needs to be, but I'm happy to get over this stuff and release it in this form. If we ever do a second album I'll be in a much better position to produce it.

Oct 26, 2017
BØRNS accused of sexual misconduct and predatory behaviour

deleting the fuck outta this dude's music from my spotify. throw him and the orwells into the trash

also sigur ros' drummer has been accused of sexual assault

Half the bands in my music library have members who are sexual deviants at this point. It is what it is.

In lighter news, how did it take me until just now to look into The Afghan Whigs' discography? Black Love is a masterpiece.

OP
OP
Ampersands

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Kero Kero Bonito album out of nowhere. I liked the direction taken in the most recent ep and singles so looking forward to hearing it!

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Like it...hate it...ignore it. I finally somehow got my band's album on the major streaming platforms so I want to share:

The Slow Claps - The Worst Case Scenario on Spotify

On Apple Music

I did all of the mixing myself and it was a constant learning process. I know it's nowhere near where it needs to be, but I'm happy to get over this stuff and release it in this form. If we ever do a second album I'll be in a much better position to produce it.

I will not pretend that I've listened to it but congrats.

OP
OP
Ampersands

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Started listening to Stereolab and I'm really digging it. Where do I go to next in their discography if I've only listened to Dots and Loops?

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
The National were on Fallon tonight performing Dark Side of the Gym and it was so good. Sleep Well Beast is such a great album

please drop something soon

Deleted member 48205

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Started listening to Stereolab and I'm really digging it. Where do I go to next in their discography if I've only listened to Dots and Loops?
Check out Broadcast too! They have a very similar vibe but their music is less lounge-y and I like Trish Keenan's vocals better.
I recommend "The Noise Made by People" because it's the one that sounds like Stereolab the most, and their third album "Tender Buttons" is really great too.

Also, yeah, Emperor Tomato Ketchup is Dots and Loops's prequel so go with that one

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I like Broadcast a lot more probably because their prime was during my era but I like everything I've heard of Stereolab.

Steamlord

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on what you're looking for. Peng! and Transient are more noisy, lo-fi, and motorik. Emperor is a much more polished pop-oriented album, though not as glossy as Dots. Mars is kind of a middle ground. Their albums after Dots and Loops are weaker, but still worth listening to. And if you happen to devour all of their LPs and still want more, they have tons of EPs and singles that are also great.

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Anyone secure Glastonbury tickets this evening? Missed out myself, just gotta hope I get lucky on Sunday

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
On Cat Power's new album...

"They said, do it again, do it over," Ms. Marshall explained. (Mr. Slater confirmed that Matador told him "Wanderer" was "not good enough, not strong enough to put out." The album will be released by Domino.)

WOW.

Listened this morning and yes, it's very stripped back and muted compared to her last two (Sun and The Greatest), but that's pretty surprising coming from Matador.

"The Greatest" IMO is one of the greatest albums ever and I think I didn't quite give "Sun" a fair shot. I've been listening to it recently and I'm liking it more and more than ever.

Also SWEARIN' is out today. Excited to listen to that later.

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
Listened to Wanderer today and it's definitely stripped back but still good. I did like Sun better when I listened to it once. This one might grow on me.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
It exceeded my highest expectations. Cant remember the last rock album that ran 80+ minutes has this much quality track for track.
If you haven't listened to dose your dreams go do it right now

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Speaking Terms on Snail Mail's Lush sounds like the most Nada Surf song ever, this album teleports me to the 90's even more than Soccer Mommy's Clean does

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah his new album is really good. Have been enjoying it a lot. Put it on the other day while in the car with my fiancé while we were driving through the rain in the middle of no where and it felt so good.

I was hoping he'd come through St Louis on his tour. I've seen him twice and he's always just been the opening act (and the whole reason I went to those shows so I'm aching for it)

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man i didn't know Dave Sitek was still a thing. It's sad to me that the first thing I've heard from him in years in a stupid ass Weezer song.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
R.e. thread title: Saw David Byrne at ACL and boy was he good. If anyone is interested, I took a 4K 60 fps video of Arctic Monkeys' Do Me a Favour and posted the video on Youtube:

The file size was around 3.3 GB.. so it's about 1 GB per minute.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got postal service back in my area after the hurricane, so I got my copy of the new Kurt Vile on a purplish-swirl vinyl. I really wanted the European exclusive one with the die cut sleeve and rounded corners, insane color burst.

I was willing to pay the shipping, too, but it was sold out everywhere I saw online.

Going to give it a proper listen today. Big KV fan so even stretching into some weirdness, I'm sure I'll like it.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
This new Fucked Up record is pretty great. It sounds like they somehow spent some of the last few years in early 90's Manchester, which is unexpected to say the least.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
Finally got postal service back in my area after the hurricane, so I got my copy of the new Kurt Vile on a purplish-swirl vinyl. I really wanted the European exclusive one with the die cut sleeve and rounded corners, insane color burst.

I was willing to pay the shipping, too, but it was sold out everywhere I saw online.

Going to give it a proper listen today. Big KV fan so even stretching into some weirdness, I'm sure I'll like it.
It took me a few listens but I'm loving it now. One Trick Ponies is one of my favorite songs of the year

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know where to try and post this, but I have two tickets for tonight's show at Milwaukee's new Fiserv Arena for the Foo Fighters and I will give them away free.

This is a mobile only event so I will need your name and phone number. So Milwaukee Era or someone who can still make it tonight let me know and they are yours!