• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
This new Fucked Up record is pretty great. It sounds like they somehow spent some of the last few years in early 90's Manchester, which is unexpected to say the least.
Yeah, It reminds me of Primal Screams XTRMNTR in several ways. I think it might be their best album, which is saying a lot.

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
Started listening to Stereolab and I'm really digging it. Where do I go to next in their discography if I've only listened to Dots and Loops?

if you like some of the bleeps and bloops on their albums, check out the high llamas! the main member behind them, sean o hagen, was involved with a lot of stereolabs work. check out snowbug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AsvLUTFy7w singer from stereolab also does some vocals on some llamas tracks. one of my fav bands of all time

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, It reminds me of Primal Screams XTRMNTR in several ways. I think it might be their best album, which is saying a lot.

Owen Pallett said it was their Screamadelica apparently, so that's an apt comparison. They've branched out into new genres and nailed it. Arctic Monkeys should take note.

Oct 27, 2017
People are sleeping on the new Mothers record. Pitchfork didn't review it, nor did Stereogum. It's a swerve from their debut. Love the mathy, slowcore, post-punk approach they took with this one.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Snail Mail is coming to a city close to me, but it's part of their Sonic City festival, so I can only get a ticket for a full day. Not really familiar with the other names, anything good in this lineup:

E2YzpKA.png

thanks

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found out about Phil Elverum about a month ago, and have been on a kick since. The variety in his music is incredible, from The Microphones to Mount Eerie.

Read that his wife tragically died a few years ago, and the emotion he put forth in his music since then is absolutely heartbreaking.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Snail Mail is coming to a city close to me, but it's part of their Sonic City festival, so I can only get a ticket for a full day. Not really familiar with the other names, anything good in this lineup:

E2YzpKA.png

thanks

I like Dream Wife and Polica. Dream Wife are a Rrriot Girl-esque punky kind of band, Polica are a fairly chilled electro band.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Found out about Phil Elverum about a month ago, and have been on a kick since. The variety in his music is incredible, from The Microphones to Mount Eerie.

Read that his wife tragically died a few years ago, and the emotion he put forth in his music since then is absolutely heartbreaking.

The Glow Pt 2 is one of my fav albums ever

and A Crow Looked at Me might get there eventually too

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I bought vinyl copies of The Glow pt. 2 and It was Hot... from Phil's website, and they're amazing, two of my favorite owned records. Dude's amazingly talented.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Glow Pt 2 is one of my fav albums ever

and A Crow Looked at Me might get there eventually too
It's cliche, but Glow Pt. 2 was one of those life changing albums for me. Was late at night, walking to clear my head, that album came on my playlist. Couldn't believe my ears. Such a unique sound.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis

He's incredible. Him and Michelle Williams got married recently. I'm glad to see they both found happiness again

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
wolfgang amadeus phoenix still holds up so well, total indie pop classic

bankrupt and ti amo are so disappointing in comparison

It's cliche, but Glow Pt. 2 was one of those life changing albums for me. Was late at night, walking to clear my head, that album came on my playlist. Couldn't believe my ears. Such a unique sound.

i love how the album constantly shifts between sombre-ish lo fi acoustic ballads and loud distorted stuff, such an eclectic album

andrew

Oct 25, 2017

E2YzpKA.png

thanks
Jen Cloher's decent. she's been making music for years and years but is maybe known more now as Courtney Barnett's wife.

Nilufer Yanya is a good up-and-comer. kinda king krule-y.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ryley Walker for sure, Dream Wife is pretty decent too.

I like Dream Wife and Polica. Dream Wife are a Rrriot Girl-esque punky kind of band, Polica are a fairly chilled electro band.

Jen Cloher's decent. she's been making music for years and years but is maybe known more now as Courtney Barnett's wife.

Nilufer Yanya is a good up-and-comer. kinda king krule-y.

Thanks, will check those out. The festival is curated by Courtney Barnett too btw

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Saw Soccer Mommy last week, she was opening for Kacey Musgraves. While good, her set was short of course and she didn't play Your Dog :( And Musgraves was great actually. She also played for a long time, setlist was like 22 songs

And next week! IDLES! Second time seeing them, now a small venue instead of a festival. Can't wait.

OP
OP
Ampersands

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Mr Twin Sister's new album 'Salt' is out now! I really enjoyed the singles so I hope the album can match up.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
The new Daughters album is a fucking monster.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Had tickets to see Snail Mail, Goat Girl, Dream Wife and Soccer Mommy recently but had to miss them all as I was ill. Gutted.

Currently listening to Lucy Dacus, Phoebe Bridgers and Japanese Breakfast.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
WTF. I just discovered an EP released today by "boygenius", which is a supergroup of Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus.

This is very odd for me as I only discovered Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus in the past few days.

Someone in here recommended Julien Baker a year or so ago.

Steamlord

Oct 26, 2017
People are sleeping on the new Mothers record. Pitchfork didn't review it, nor did Stereogum. It's a swerve from their debut. Love the mathy, slowcore, post-punk approach they took with this one.

I was a big fan of their debut but I didn't get around to listening to this one until today. It's fantastic. Pretty amazing that they changed their sound so drastically and pulled it off so well.

In other news, Julia Holter's new (double!) album came out yesterday so I'll be diving into that later today.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Saw Cloud Nothings last night. Kicked ass. So happy that new album is so good considering what a letdown that last one was.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
New Antarctigo Vespucci is now my album of the year, followed closely by Direct Hit!'s Crown of Nothing (which released on the same day). Both are so damn good.

New Fucked Up is great too.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I might have to hand in my deerhunter superfan badge because I ended up stopping half way on my first listen a few hours ago and didn't get back to until now.

It's okay. The pace of the song is just so ramshackle and sluggish, really put me out of sorts.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Idles was yesterday, it rocked. They invited like 50 people onstage and there were a bunch of crowdsurfers. I'm pretty sure good times were had by all.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Are all Pitchfork live streams archived and available for VOD for everyone? Because this is basically my dream show and I've been crying myself to sleep with jealousy of people living in the US, but I can't watch it live.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Listening to the new Julia Holter for the first time and this is wild. Hard to imagine that this is the same person that made Have You In My Wilderness

Macadinho94

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
My buddy turned me onto Trailer Trash Tracy's, they're like if Beach House and the Dum Dum Girls had a baby https://open.spotify.com/track/1nwVtCVJ421s2iNXfad4Wb?si=Z9weeRBuTK6TDDfFXHz_tA

Also never posted about the Bloc Party gig the other week, great show. It was a thrill to see Silent Alarm live, one of my favourite albums of the 00's. Kele and Russell seem to have gotten better live and Justin Harris and Louise Bartlett are more than able replacements for Matt Tong and Gordon Moakes

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I randomly listened to the first song on the new Julia Holter album and what in the fuck? Such a huge change of pace for her.