• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I'm a casual rock listener, but thanks to Youtube I discovered Band-Maid and can't stop listening to them. How could I miss them all those years? They play great (and fun) hard rock!

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
New DIIV would make my day. I saw em last year and they were so good.gif

Also, being on the bill with Deafheaven is kinda brilliant. Would have loved to see them conte thru here in this tour.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
It truly is. Such a horrific and brutal album. Definitely a contender as my album of the year along with the new The Ocean.

It's definitey my album of the year. Album absolutely crushes and imo is one of the most unique albums I've heard in years. Showed this shit to some buddies who had never heard of them and their reactions were hilarious. Needless to say they didn't get it. My wife loves it though

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
This flew totally under my radar...Elena Tonra (of Daughter fame) is releasing her debut solo album later this week, under the name of Ex:Re. First single:

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
I have no idea why it took me so long to listen to the boygenius EP but it's absolutely fantastic! I hope they put out a full album. Easily one of the best things I've heard this year

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Hoping someone can help me find this artist that I can't seem to find, lol.

Jim Jones? John Jones? He released a solo album that I heard yesterday, have heard some of the songs on the radio too. I think it's rather new (last couple years at least). He's in a band but this is his solo work. I can't recall the band name. He has a deeper voice, music is alternative with slow, recurring bass lines. Wow, this is a bad description. Anyway, thanks for any help.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping someone can help me find this artist that I can't seem to find, lol.

Jim Jones? John Jones? He released a solo album that I heard yesterday, have heard some of the songs on the radio too. I think it's rather new (last couple years at least). He's in a band but this is his solo work. I can't recall the band name. He has a deeper voice, music is alternative with slow, recurring bass lines. Wow, this is a bad description. Anyway, thanks for any help.
Jim James. Singer of My Morning Jacket

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB

Been listening to a lot of Pile lately, along with Ovlov. Both bands I need to see when they're in the UK next.

(the last 1m30s of that Pile track is just perfect)

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Got my old ass into Boston tonight to see Hop Along, they're on shortly. It's always a struggle to go out to shows these days but I'm usually happy when I do.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Potentially some great stuff coming then...I'm wondering what they've heard regarding Sleater Kinney though? Hopefully that's true, as the comeback was great, and I have a pressing need to see them live again.
Carrie talked about the next record in this interview with Stereogum back in February and said that it might be out early next year.

Haven't heard any updates since then, though, so I don't know if they're still aiming for early 2019.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure there's some Chelsea Wolfe fans on here.

Looks like she's doing an acoustic record next.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017

Guided by Voices are playing their first UK show in over 15 years. This is coming off the back of them playing Primivera Sound later this year which is their first European gig in just as long.

I was tempted by Primevera but didn't end up booking it but now I might have to look at flights to London.....

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017

Guided by Voices are playing their first UK show in over 15 years. This is coming off the back of them playing Primivera Sound later this year which is their first European gig in just as long.

I was tempted by Primevera but didn't end up booking it but now I might have to look at flights to London.....

I just hopped in here to post this. I'm supposed to be going to Japan in June, but I'm not sure what dates my friends were talking about. Not sure I could skip this for it though, they're one of my all time favourites and I've never seem them live.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Some great albums coming over the next few months...

American Football
Angelo de Augustine
Girlpool
Ex:re
Mono

What's on your list? (yeah, YOU)

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
New Sharon van Etten track is so good.

Just pre ordered the new American football album too. The single they released is ridiculous

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Gregory Alan Isakov in STL last night. So good but needed a bigger venue. Hard to enjoy when you can only stand and there's no room to move.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Anyone going to Primavera this year? For me there aren't as many big hitters as last year but there's still some really good stuff. First two days are remarkably better than the last one though. Carcass is the most random name in the lineup

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone going to Primavera this year? For me there aren't as many big hitters as last year but there's still some really good stuff. First two days are remarkably better than the last one though. Carcass is the most random name in the lineup

I was thinking about it, but the headliners are all really big misses for me. I get the impression they've tried to save money this year.

OP
OP
Ampersands

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow never listened to Deerhunter before but I'm really getting into the singles they released, Element especially. Channels some of that classic REM Atlanta sound.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow never listened to Deerhunter before but I'm really getting into the singles they released, Element especially. Channels some of that classic REM Atlanta sound.

So far, to me at least, the new stuff has been pretty poor in comparison to how they use to sound. The back catalogue is well worth checking out, they were one of my favourite bands not so long ago.