• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on getting this day 1 but no way I'd find time to play. I'll likely pick it up in January now if there happens to be a lull.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
DAY ONE!

This was my most wanted game on the switch! Have it on PS4 but I think I'll enjoy it more on switch because of portability.

RagManX

Oct 28, 2017
Buying download on release day, then physical whenever that comes out.I'm a sucker for this one.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM and Rocket League is such a great combo. DOOM is single-player at its best, and Rocket League has some of the most addictive multiplayer around.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I have a kid on the way, but I wish my job paid decently, because there's no way I can justify buying so many games in the span of a month now.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already spread too thin when it comes to Switch multiplayer (Arms, Splatoon, Puyo Puyo Tetris) so I don't know if I'll grab this myself. But I'm quite confident that with the Switch's November library propped up by big-name third-party ports, Rocket League is currently set to be by far the biggest new release of the month, and when we inspect the eShop charts at the end of November it won't be close.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
I can't WAIT for this. Been wanting to play Rocket League for years, but didn't have a console it was released on (and didn't care to do PC version). I am DAY ONE for this as soon as a physical copy comes out. Very excited to hear the digital version is coming so soon! Congratulations and best wishes for a successful launch! :)

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
I wish my unlocks and stuff would carry/transfer over between the PC version, then it would be an insta-buy. I just don't feel like maintaining two ranks to keep at the same level of play.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always felt kind of cheap getting such a great game for free on PS4, so I'm happy to pay to be able to take it on the go.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Have they made any statements on loot boxes / microtransactions? Wonder if it will be the same system present in the other versions

David

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neo Yokio
Just wondering, the split screen is still 60FPS? How many players can play at the same time?

Can't find reliable info online D:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can a single joycon be used for playing?
Splitscreen work in tabletop?

I honestly don't know but if there's one piece of advice I can give you, I wouldn't even remotely consider touching this game with joycons. I love this game to death and play it all the time on PC but I'd never buy this on Switch because I don't have a pro controller and realistically you're gonna want one in this game. You really want the extra control from the stick but more importantly you want the actual triggers rather than buttons. The amount of things a pro controller player can do versus a joy con player is going to be rather stark because of that IMO. I don't even know how you'd roof dribble accurately with a joycon.

And off topic but sigh...I miss the Rocket League OT. Anyone making one here? I would but I've never made one and heard we already have someone on it anyway.

Last edited:

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have Rocket League on PC, love it,
but if i were to double dip, I'd want single joycon and splitscreen tabletop.

It would be awesome for portable multiplayer play.
Not the best experience, but would be nice to have.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know but if there's one piece of advice I can give you, I wouldn't even remotely consider touching this game with joycons. I love this game to death and play it all the time on PC but I'd never buy this on Switch because I don't have a pro controller and realistically you're gonna want one in this game. You really want the extra control from the stick but more importantly you want the actual triggers rather than buttons. The amount of things a pro controller player can do versus a joy con player is going to be rather stark because of that IMO. I don't even know how you'd roof dribble accurately with a joycon.

And off topic but sigh...I miss the Rocket League OT. Anyone making one here? I would but I've never made one and heard we already have someone on it anyway.
Um.. What's the difference between using a pro controller and the Joycon grip?

Oct 31, 2017
Great that it's releasing so soon but I'm worried

Nov 7 - Sonic Forces
Nov 10 - DOOM
Nov 14 - RiME, LA Noire, Rocket League
Nov 17 - Skyrim, Batman Telltale Series
Nov 28 - Resident Evil Revelations 1&2

Competing with so many big 3rd party games at launch doesnt seem wise

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Um.. What's the difference between using a pro controller and the Joycon grip?

Sorry it took me a little while . Basically whether it was one joycon or two the problem us that your throttle and brake are buttons not triggers. Higher level mechanics like roof dribbling can be a lot harder with buttons than triggers IMO.

It's not impossible as there's high level mouse and keyboard players out there but personally I'd never try to play without actual triggers.

Supposedly it's being worked on yeah. I'm fiending for it too I have some new fashion league to show off damnit.

I've got a bug I really need to pester ErichWK over too! The dabbing reaper renders over the cars XD

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of Rocket League's controls, but it was good fun when I was playing it on PS4, and I'm definitely willing to try it again on Switch.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017

Nov 7 - Sonic Forces
Nov 10 - DOOM

When it's all said and done RL might outsell any of these releases. It will have the longest tail compared with these, I wouldn't worry, Psyonix doesn't either it seems.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Nov 7 - Sonic Forces
Nov 10 - DOOM

Rocket League is such a different type of game compared to the other 3rd parties (mainly single player) appearing in the same time frame. It also has a much lower price point.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry it took me a little while . Basically whether it was one joycon or two the problem us that your throttle and brake are buttons not triggers. Higher level mechanics like roof dribbling can be a lot harder with buttons than triggers IMO.

It's not impossible as there's high level mouse and keyboard players out there but personally I'd never try to play without actual triggers.

I've got a bug I really need to pester ErichWK over too! The dabbing reaper renders over the cars XD
But a trigger is just a button. I mean unless you are talking about analog triggers, but the Pro Controller doesn't have those. Hence my confusion.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017

Well, this is something I'm curious about that I mentioned earlier in this thread. Since the Wii U Gamecube adapter now works with the Switch, I wonder if technically RL could still use analog triggers with a 14 year old controller?