• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Out at 10 am PST.

THE HEADLINES
  • Keys and Decryptors have been converted into Credits and Bonus Gifts, respectively
  • Crates have been converted into Unrevealed Blueprints
  • The Item Shop is now live
  • New feature: Item Archiving
  • Competitive Season 12 Rewards (Universal Decals) will be distributed to eligible players
  • Rocket Pass 5 begins on December 4

rl_shop_blog_image--0e9acd5c-03c0-4807-bcbb-4e81d679029d-.jpg

NEW CONTENT
Item Shop

• The Item Shop is now live
  • From the main menu, select 'Item Shop,' then the 'Featured' tab
    • You can find the Esports Shop next to the Featured tab
  • Items here can be purchased for the displayed number of Credits
  • Use the 'Buy Credits' button in the lower-left corner to purchase additional Credits
Rocket Pass 5

• Rocket Pass 5 begins on December 4
    • Credits are now available as a reward at certain Premium Upgrade Tiers instead of Keys
Competitive Season 12 Rewards

• Competitive Season 12 has ended. Titles and Reward Items will be awarded for your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
  • Season 12 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable Universal Decals that can be used on any customizable Car Body
    • Bronze I or higher – 'Season 12 – Bronze' Universal Decal
    • Silver I or higher – 'Season 12 – Silver' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Gold I or higher – 'Season 12 – Gold' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Platinum I or higher – 'Season 12 – Platinum' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Diamond I or higher – 'Season 12 – Diamond' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Champion I or higher – 'Season 12 – Champion' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
  • Grand Champion Rewards
    • Competitive Soccar Grand Champion – 'Season 12 – Grand Champion' In-Game Title + 'Season 12 – Grand Champion' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Rumble Grand Champion – 'Season 12 – RNG Champ' In-Game Title + 'Season 12 – Grand Champion' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Dropshot Grand Champion – 'Season 12 – Floor Destroyer' In-Game Title + 'Season 12 – Grand Champion' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Hoops Grand Champion – 'Season 12 – Dunk Master' In-Game Title + 'Season 12 – Grand Champion' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
    • Snow Day Grand Champion – 'Season 12 – Blizzard Wizard' In-Game Title + 'Season 12 – Grand Champion' Universal Decal + lower Universal Decals
General

• Content from the Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and Chaos Run DLC Packs has been added to all accounts on all platforms

rl_blueprint_white_zomba.jpg

CHANGES AND UPDATES
Blueprints

• Blueprints have replaced Crates in Rocket League
  • Each Blueprint can build one item for a displayed number of Credits
  • All Crates in your inventory have been converted into unrevealed Blueprints
    • Revealing a Blueprint will show you which item that Blueprint can build, along with how many Credits that item will require to build
  • Blueprints may drop after select Online Matches
  • You can trade revealed Blueprints to other players
Credits and Bonus Gifts

• All Keys have been converted into Credits
    • Each Key in your inventory is worth 100-130 Credits. Learn more about the conversion process here
    • Credits can be traded, but only one player in a transaction can offer Credits (no Credit-for-Credit trading)
    • Credits are subject to a trade hold for 72 hours after purchase. The trade hold on newly-purchased Credits will apply to all Credits in your inventory
    • During a trade hold, you cannot trade Credits, items built from Blueprints with Credits during the trade hold, or items from Pro Tiers of Rocket Pass purchased with Credits during the trade hold
  • All Decryptors have been converted into Bonus Gifts
    • Bonus Gifts are free to open
    • Bonus Gifts contain one item from either the Revival or Vindicator Blueprint Series
Item Archiving and Inventory Management

• You can now archive items you no longer want to view with the rest of your inventory
  • 'Archived Items' tab has been added to the Manage Inventory screen
    • This tab will only appear in Manage Inventory if you have archived at least one item, and will disappear if you have nothing archived
  • To archive an item, go to Manage Inventory, highlight the item, click the left stick (controller) or click the box icon in the upper-right corner of the item thumbnail (mouse)
    • To remove an item from the archive, find it under 'Archived Items,' click the left stick (controller) or click the box icon in the upper-right corner of the item thumbnail (mouse). The item will then reappear under the appropriate tab (Wheels, Decal, etc.)
  • 'Blueprint,' and 'Gift Pack' tabs have been added to the Manage Inventory screen
    • All Blueprints will appear in the Blueprint tab, unless archived
    • All Bonus Gifts will appear in the Gift Pack tab, unless archived
Competitive Season 13

• Competitive Season 13 begins
  • Season 13 brings a "soft reset" that requires you to do placement matches in each playlist to recalibrate your Rank
  • Winning half of your placement matches will land you near your previous season ranking
  • League Rankings will be temporarily empty until players complete their placement matches
  • All placement match wins count towards your Bronze Season Reward Level progress
  • With the start of Season 13, we have adjusted how Party MMR works for Competitive Playlists. A Party's MMR will now be weighted closer to the MMR of the highest Ranked player in the group than in previous seasons.
BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed rotor and hub clipping from several Wheel types
  • Fixed Replays to use the correct Goal Explosion for Orange and Blue teams
  • Fixed the appearance of Painted Patriarch Wheels
  • Player nameplates no longer reappear after a goal is scored, or when fast-forwarding/rewinding
  • Fixed Animus GP Topper placement and Car Body behavior
  • French translation of Quick Play has been fixed
  • Irradiator wheels no longer transparent when looking from the inside out

Last edited:
OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be interesting to see how the community reacts to the prices Psyonix sets. Now that opening a certain items has a fixed price I'm guessing it might crash the super high end prices but make everything else a bit more expensive on average.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Update is now out. Updating on steam(had to restart steam). Post your blueprints findings.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
These blueprint prices.....

Unpainted fennec is 800 credits to craft. They were 3 to 4 keys when the community set the prices. That's was the one upside to the crate and key system. Everything was tradable and the community set the price and the vast majority of the stuff was dirt cheap.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These blueprint prices.....

Unpainted fennec is 800 credits to craft. They were 3 to 4 keys when the community set the prices. That's was the one upside to the crate and key system. Everything was tradable and the community set the price and the vast majority of the stuff was dirt cheap.

What about items that held higher prices on the market?

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any way to mass-reveal the blueprints?

Edit: Mainframe blueprint black market costs 2k credits. The blueprint sparkles ;D

Edit 2: When does the competitive season start?

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
What about items that held higher prices on the market?
Haven't seen what a painted BM decal cost yet. I'm gonna guess they will be around 20. Unpianted exotic wheels are 1400. Mind you most of these you were able to get two for a key. They went overboard with these prices.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen what a painted BM decal cost yet. I'm gonna guess they will be around 20. Unpianted exotic wheels are 1400. Mind you most of these you were able to get two for a key. They went overboard with these prices.
Wow. Ok yeah these price are not great. It's kind of extra ridiculous when you look at the rocket pass, which gets you as many painted boosts, trails and even painted variants of the wheels as you can force out of a season for a much lower price. And I mean personally, the rare wheels in the season pass have been my favourites the last two seasons anyway

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fyi every time you get that server error opening the blueprint? Yeah it eats the blueprint regardless.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mine doesn't go down till I get a blueprint?
Mine aren't now either but for the first 10 minutes a lot of them were counting down regardless. Dunno what's going on tbh. This shouldn't have been tied to the server though IMO. Its inviting a spam of requests to the server.

Opening these is highlighting the awful BM rates for sure though. I play gachas with rates that must be 10x better than this.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Mine aren't now either but for the first 10 minutes a lot of them were counting down regardless. Dunno what's going on tbh. This shouldn't have been tied to the server though IMO. Its inviting a spam of requests to the server.

Opening these is highlighting the awful BM rates for sure though. I play gachas with rates that must be 10x better than this.
First BM decal. They very plain Wet Paint for 2k. No chance in hell. But not a bad price for some of the more sought after BM decals.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First BM decal. They very plain Wet Paint for 2k. No chance in hell. But not a bad price for some of the more sought after BM decals.
Yeah I can see that being beneficial for some of those higher price items. The mark up on everything in general is pretty absurd, but I do hope maybe I'll finally be able to afford a white octane. I get the feeling free credits in the season pass may not be a thing though

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I can't wait to hop on tonight and spending hours archiving hundreds of shitty items I've wanted to archive forever. I would say I'm disappointed with the sounds of the blueprint economy, but honestly I never opened many crates besides what I could with decryptors so I don't really care. Sounds shit though.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
"With the start of Season 13, we have adjusted how Party MMR works for Competitive Playlists. A Party's MMR will now be weighted closer to the MMR of the highest Ranked player in the group than in previous seasons."

Good stuff.

Also maybe I'll bite on the rocket pass, never bought it before. It just gets you more items than normal?

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'll never understand pricing for stuff like this. I can't help but feel like more people would buy more things if they were at throwaway prices, but I start to do some thinking before spending $8 on a skin. Obviously, these companies have the research, so I suppose the power of whales is real.

Anyway, good thing I'm pretty content with how my cars look. I always liked the feeling of getting new cosmetic tat -- wonder how the amounts will compare to the old systems for players like myself, who used to spend a few bucks here and there on keys.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen the rocket pass btw? It doesnt seem to actually be up yet?

CrewShadow

Feb 5, 2018
I think the rocket pass comes up later today around 5 or 6 pm EST. Opened 225 crates got no black market items and some of the prices are insane. 1900 credits for tires.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The community trading prices are subsidized by whales spending hundreds to open crates then selling a few of the best items for a few bucks. Looking at the crate odds these prices seem mostly fine from what I've seen.

• Rare = 55% chance = costs about $1.81
  • Very Rare = 28% chance = costs about $3.56
  • Import = 12% chance = costs about $8.35
  • Exotic = 4% chance = costs about $25
  • Black Market = 1% chance = costs about $100
And this doesn't even take into account the even rarer painted and certified versions of these items or the fact that loot boxes had multiple items in each rarity decreasing your chances of getting the item you want even when you roll a specific rarity. These prices I worked out could be 2 to 10x as expensive in the loot box system if we're talking about getting a painted certified item out of loot box in comparison to spending $20 on the new store.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I've opened probably about 300 crates now and a sobering thought hit me. Before with the element of blind gambling it would have cost me 300 keys to have all these same items(when you reveal it's still rolls a drop) but now looking at these prices. It would honestly cost me probably 10k or more.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The community trading prices are subsidized by whales spending hundreds to open crates then selling a few of the best items for a few bucks. Looking at the crate odds these prices seem mostly fine from what I've seen.

• Rare = 55% chance = costs about $1.81
  • Very Rare = 28% chance = costs about $3.56
  • Import = 12% chance = costs about $8.35
  • Exotic = 4% chance = costs about $25
  • Black Market = 1% chance = costs about $100
And this doesn't even take into account the even rarer painted and certified versions of these items or the fact that loot boxes had multiple items in each rarity decreasing your chances of getting the item you want even when you roll a specific rarity. These prices I worked out could be 2 to 10x as expensive in the loot box system if we're talking about getting a painted certified item out of loot box in comparison to spending $20 on the new store.
The price for import and exotic are ridiculous. Mind you they sell licensed cars for 1.99 and the previous dlc was also about 1.99 per car. These cars don't even even trade for 1 key unpainted unless it was a new one. The prices on everything but the most expensive items went up an insane amount. Your percentages are right but leave out the fact that community trading and item popularity meant most items(90%) could be had for under 5 dollars before.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my this is pretty terrible in terms of pricing. I was on board with the Blueprint idea but super suspicious why no pricing was even discussed.

1200 for a car, tf outta here, that's 12 bucks. I've gotten most of my cars for a single Golden Egg or some other Decryptor...

Thank god for Alpha Console on PC if you want to see some of this stuff on your ride.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Rocket Pass has been fantastic. Their licensed DLC is priced fair and crates and keys have been unchanged for years.
Oh yh Rocket pass is a great system but them leaving it with crate + key system this in place for so long was terrible. Yh licensed DLC is fair.
This isn't true at all.
When you consider crate and key system compared to other games + needing another system for esports items. Added with the fact crate and key system really should be been retired when rocket pass was introduced then I can't see how things were good. The only saving grace was the for trading existed even that was down to if the platform allowed it like in the case of XBL.

It's not paladins levels of bad but it's up there.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Results:

Rare 284
Very Rare 186
Import 66
Exotic 24
BM 3

This is literally the worst pull rates I've ever seen in a gacha. And this ain't no F2P phone gacha

And to be honest I've been playing this a LOT less lately. I only really came back because of the update and it's made me even less inclined to play it than before if anything. I've been meaning to play Xcom again and Stardew so I guess this is kind of doing me a favor, but I'd be lying to pretend I wasnt hoping this would pull me back in.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christ even a Player Banner is 4 dollars. This shit makes Street Fighter V's DLC look like Big Lots

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The price for import and exotic are ridiculous. Mind you they sell licensed cars for 1.99 and the previous dlc was also about 1.99 per car. These cars don't even even trade for 1 key unpainted unless it was a new one. The prices on everything but the most expensive items went up an insane amount. Your percentages are right but leave out the fact that community trading and item popularity meant most items(90%) could be had for under 5 dollars before.

This store isn't based on supply and demand since Psyonix doesn't need to price infinite digital goods to move them out of inventory for keys to buy other items like players would. It's based on what the cost of the items has been historically. The community market being super unbalanced with a bunch of worthless items and a few outrageously expensive ones isn't really a problem for psyonix. They can continue to sell the items people want and make just as much money without taking flack for the gambling stuff.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So how would one go about getting the DC comics themed cars now, going forward? Will they go back up for purchase in the near future?

Also, does one need to win at least 1 match to have those vehicle bodies unlocked?

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This store isn't based on supply and demand since Psyonix doesn't need to price infinite digital goods to move them out of inventory for keys to buy other items like players would. It's based on what the cost of the items has been historically. The community market being super unbalanced with a bunch of worthless items and a few outrageously expensive ones isn't really a problem for psyonix. They can continue to sell the items people want and make just as much money without taking flack for the gambling stuff.
None of this is a revelation. Just stating why it's so much worse now for the consumer.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
None of this is a revelation. Just stating why it's so much worse now for the consumer.
Only for the minority that was in the trading community (who I'm sure will be very loud). For everyone else it's better.

Edit: And honestly if the trading community is that unanimously pissed about the prices then prices in the community should not change, so I don't see the problem. They'll only change if the trading community asks for higher or lower prices in response to the new store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Only for the minority that was in the trading community (who I'm sure will be very loud). For everyone else it's better.
for 8 dollars you used to be able to get 16 import cars in about 5 minutes. Now you can get one. No it really isn't better. Don't get me wrong I prefer the blueprint system but they went completely overboard with these prices even compared to their own DLC and Rocketpass system.

White Zombas
White and Crimson Apex
Crimson and White Mainframe
Dissolver

These are the only items that the price has been brought down for. White Octanes and black trade up wheels are still based on trading up in game drops so those remain unchanged. Few BM decals were hovering around 20 but many were under ten a and a few under 5. Now they are all twenty. You were able to get exotic wheels 2-4 per key now they are 14 dollars each. You can hate trading and the gambling system all you want but also realize how absurd these prices are.

Last edited:

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
for 8 dollars you used to be able to get 16 import cars in about 5 minutes. Now you can get one. No it really isn't better. Don't get me wrong I prefer the blueprint system but they went completely overboard with these prices even compared to their own DLC and Rocketpass system.
Traders should probably continue setting prices and asking for prices they think are worth it then. I don't see how that's Psyonix's problem. Those cars got on the market for those prices because someone paid around $8 opening crates for each one of them so nothing has changed.