• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I wish we could get team8 boost meters..just one more variable to not have to guess for; not everyone gives a 'Need Boost' heads-up.

spladam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Think you just answered why. Spamming is still spamming and if it's ranked and people literally flood the chat I'll report, if it's player I'll just find another match. At the end of the day spamming is nothing more than attempt to get a rise by trolling except with zero creativity involved either. Like, do I really have to turn quick chat off in the options and back on again after the match just because you want to flood the chat box?

There's a reason you're getting reported for it. I don't mean to sound rude either, but you have to know that you're going out of your way to piss people off.
We've never spammed anyone in rocket league. Not even close. I'm pretty sure these jack asses reported us because they lost 5-0 or they just like trolling. It sucks they have this power, and it sucks they know they have this power.

OP
OP
Jiminy Cricket
Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Spam is spam. If we can't even see who said "take the shot" or not at kick-off it's adversely affecting the game, negative or positive. People who spam nice shot every time the other team scores also generally come of as being sarcastic.

This right here.

Spamming is spamming and does no good to anyone IMO. If you're spamming you're making the game less enjoyable, if only slightly to those who don't really mind. Sure, it can be funny once in awhile, but the only time I would ever justify spamming is when the opposing team is relentlessly spamming after every goal they score and you end up beating them anyway. Then you can post lobby spam back, but it's still really petty.

I play on Steam now, but when I played on Xbox the spam actually dropped frames in the game. Am I the only one who experienced this?

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting on this thread.

I hated the new halloween unlocking system til i got a "free" key and unlocked the Endo. made all the grinding worth it.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I think my car finally represents me faithfully.
MisguidedQuarrelsomeHadrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Just got Titanium White Stegosaur to drop. See quite a few people rockin' stego, so figure it's worth a few keys?

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok doods. Maybe someone (CountAntonius) can give me some advice. I have like 300 crates. I do not want all these crates. Are these prices at all realistic?

2qQU20B.jpg

Note: While that list is PC, I'm on PS4.

What is my best plan of attack and realistic expectations for flipping these into keys? I don't particularly care about extracting every scintilla of value or anything.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
  • Introduce yourself
  • How long have you been playing?
  • What are you ranked?
  • Whats your most played mode?
  • Favorite car? (or hitbox type)
  • Discuss settings
  • Discuss tips
  • Share your desired platform username

• I'm Kharn. Or Kharnete, Or Nete. Whatever. I suck on wall jumps, aerials and dribblings. It's a shame training mode bores me to death.
  • I've been playing since fall 2015.
  • Usually playing alone, on the last few seasons I've gravitated between mid Diamond and high Plat in both, Standard and Solo Standard. On the current season I've landed on Diamond 3 after playing just a dozen games with a couple friends (gold-mid plat), I guess it will go down from there.
  • 3v3, either ranked or non-ranked. I also *love* Hoops, but the people left playing it is too much for my current skill level.
  • Dominus GT. Before, I used Breakout, DeLorean (<3) and Batmovile.
  • Kharnete on Steam (may show up as Kharn Nete).
So the cool kids don't do toppers and antenna things then?

I'm not sure if I'm cool, but the only way I'll get rid of my Halo and Disconnected antenna is if someone takes them from my dead fingers.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Ok doods. Maybe someone (CountAntonius) can give me some advice. I have like 300 crates. I do not want all these crates. Are these prices at all realistic?

2qQU20B.jpg

What is my best plan of attack and realistic expectations for flipping these into keys? I don't particularly care about extracting every scintilla of value or anything.
Not too familiar with ps4 prices but found this.

Link

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been hit with the ping curse it seems. Can't get beyond a minute of play before my ping hits 500+

2qQU20B.jpg

The prices are accurate, however I find it rare to actually sell them for the asked price. I've been very lazy with mine and still not sold either but when I was looking at doing so the best method seemed to be to work out the value and then add a pretty considerable discount. Apparently the trading Discord groups are an easier sell than on Reddit, Steam or RLGarage but I've never actually tried to use it myself.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My name is pep and I'm bad at rocket league. Hi everyone :)
I knew you'd be here somewhere! I didn't already check to see if your username existed at new forum, or Laz and Erich, promise. Glad to see you back! In fact seems most everyone moved over. Haven't been following the pro scene lately but hope it's all going well. Look forward to seeing you play whenever the next RLCS kicks into high gear.

Yo! man it's gonna take some time to get used to the avatar lol

Glad to see you got in during the open registrations. Noticed in the Discord chat that the codes weren't lining up well with timing. At this point we must be pretty close to having the whole RL community from the old place here.

Last edited:

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
I knew you'd be here somewhere! I didn't already check to see if your username existed at new forum, or Laz and Erich, promise. Glad to see you back! In fact seems most everyone moved over. Haven't been following the pro scene lately but hope it's all going well. Look forward to seeing you play whenever the next RLCS kicks into high gear.
I may actually be done with competitive RL. Don't know yet. Being a sub for a team like FlyQuest gave me some free time and I enjoy it lol. The scene is growing though so there is money to be had... Tough decision.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I may actually be done with competitive RL. Don't know yet. Being a sub for a team like FlyQuest gave me some free time and I enjoy it lol. The scene is growing though so there is money to be had... Tough decision.
Ah dang, I suppose it must be pretty time consuming actually, especially with the frequency you're needed for matches and organising etc. I'd actually kinda wondered if playing at the top end for cash sucks a little fun out of the game purely from the pressure to perform 24/7. If you do decide to keep at it I'll be sure to root for you

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Ah dang, I suppose it must be pretty time consuming actually, especially with the frequency you're needed for matches and organising etc. I'd actually kinda wondered if playing at the top end for cash sucks a little fun out of the game purely from the pressure to perform 24/7. If you do decide to keep at it I'll be sure to root for you
You definitely have to treat it as a job. I've been lucky enough to keep up given my low amount of hours compared to other top players. I've put in a little less than 2400 hours and most pros double or triple that. Dedicating that 6-8 hours a day is a struggle.

Playing for cash definitely definitely definitely kills it too. I could write a book just talking about what I hate and love about the RL scene lol. It's just a game I play for fun that I happened to be good at. Putting up with all the egos and everything that comes with it... Not really for me.

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not too familiar with ps4 prices but found this.

Link

Thanks.

I've been very lazy with mine and still not sold either but when I was looking at doing so the best method seemed to be to work out the value and then add a pretty considerable discount.

Yeah. Figuring at the low end of those values it would be around 20 keys, and then realistically not even that. Not sure it's even worth the hassle. Maybe I'll just hide 'em.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You definitely have to treat it as a job. I've been lucky enough to keep up given my low amount of hours compared to other top players. I've put in a little less than 2400 hours and most pros double or triple that. Dedicating that 6-8 hours a day is a struggle.

Playing for cash definitely definitely definitely kills it too. I could write a book just talking about what I hate and love about the RL scene lol. It's just a game I play for fun that I happened to be good at. Putting up with all the egos and everything that comes with it... Not really for me.

I can imagine dealing with some people could be rather a PITA. I try not to follow it too closely but I've seen a fair bit of drama erupt during RLCS before and I suppose what we see is only a portion of whatever else goes on behind the scenes. You'd think generally people would be a bit more chill considering RLCS is a pretty good case for there being no definite best player or team from the varying results champion teams have, but I suppose it comes with the territory of competitive gaming with huge cash prizes.

I can see why you'd be a bit unsure whether to stick with it, particularly as someone who struggles with incredibly egocentric people. Especially since I assume if you get a bad season you probably only get a very small piece of that pie. And being Rocket League it seems bad seasons can strike any team no matter how good.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Nah my friends making full salary and hes not even rlcs atm

Bad season for a pro and you're set
Hell G2 f'd it up for a year straight.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, i like rocket league. Play most days, not great. Usually right around plat 2. Just jumped on the discord, let me know if you want to exchange steam ids (will be double dipping on switch).

Umbra_Witcher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
I've played this since day one on PS4 and still have fun. I really only have problems with two types of people:

1. People who say 'okay,' 'wow,' or anything similar after one bad or one bad PERCEIVED mistake. I hate seeing this on my team or the other team, and it's usually for something that couldn't be helped. I also find people who do this tend to be shit players themselves. Okay. should just be removed from the game.
2. People who aren't playing at the pro level who dribble. They constantly get the ball taken from them and put their teammate in a bad spot, act like they are playing 1v1, and rarely ever actually score.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Okay.

(jokes aside nonpros can dribble lmao it's 90% of how I beat blue names and I'm by no means a pro)

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
true. i try to always start by giving respect to my opponents and teammates, but if i'm seeing a ton of misses or things they can't do, the respect is gone and i start playing as if they will screw up!
You should always position for a 'soft loss' by default.

By that I mean don't really hunt for forward passes in soloqueue- if they're not at a level to give them, you're probably not at a level to hit them. This is a huge issue in mid ranks- I'm d3-c1 in solo standard (which has a stupid amount of esl elites and rlrs players in it hilariously) and more often than not people going for stupid stuff they can't read in the slightest is the biggest issue.

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
You should always position for a 'soft loss' by default.

By that I mean don't really hunt for forward passes in soloqueue- if they're not at a level to give them, you're probably not at a level to hit them.
I agree, which why I'll play conservatively in the opening moments watching how everyone plays. If I see that everyone's all over the place missing shots, not setting up passes, I try and be where they're not in the instance they're flailing shot comes my way and I can redirect for a save or goal.

OTH, when I see players that can quickly anticipate the ball, connect on deliberate shots/passes, well that speaks for itself... typically good times win or lose

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
  • Hi I'm electricblue
  • Started in 2015 on PS4 and then switched to PC a year or so ago
  • Platinum 1, I think
  • 2v2 Ranked, I play 3v3 too but I'm not as good at it
  • I have no idea what the differences are, I use the hotshot 99% of the time
  • I max out the FOV, lock the framerate to 120 (my monitors refresh rate)
  • Take the shot!
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/electricblue/

Last edited:

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
OTH, when I see players that can quickly anticipate the ball, connect on deliberate shots/passes, well that speaks for itself... typically good times win or lose

Either they're a smurf or have practiced to death and you sure as hell shouldn't position for a miss, or they're going to throw the game for you trying to be nutty when they're actually *not* torment.

Hell I've played torment and stuff enough soloqueue to know that pros don't do stupid shit like that 24/7 in ranked soloqueue

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like dribbling it past two people in 2v2 is the dunk of Rocket League. Nothing makes your opponent look so silly as that.

Also the dunk in the sense that if you mess it up you look like an asshole

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Either they're a smurf or have practiced to death and you sure as hell shouldn't position for a miss, or they're going to throw the game for you trying to be nutty when they're actually *not* torment.

Hell I've played torment and stuff enough soloqueue to know that pros don't do stupid shit like that 24/7 in ranked soloqueue
OMG! When they become toxic enough to intentionally throw games after a a single miss, yes! The word 'frustrating' doesn't provide any comfort.. it's an abomination. I wish Pysonix would have a report mechanic specifically for those instances. It's so..such an Abomination - lol!

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
  • Eh up, I'm Cindres
  • Playing since launch, started on PS4 due to the free launch on +, double dipped on PC when I sold the PS4 3/4 months later I think.
  • Gold III in 2v2
  • Mostly play 2v2, I don't have any RL buddies really so I prefer 2v2 to solo queue in.
  • I've stuck with Octane for quite a while now.
Steam profile hidden behind quotes.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Having a decent time so far this season, last season I made it into Plat I then dropped down to Silver III, not sure what the hell happened, manage to get back into Gold I before the season ended, hovered pretty comfortably in the middle of Gold III for a good week or so now which I'm more than content with after last season. Really would like to push Plat, think I can get there and stay there this time.

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
  • Eh up, I'm Cindres
  • Playing since launch, started on PS4 due to the free launch on +, double dipped on PC when I sold the PS4 3/4 months later I think.
  • Gold III in 2v2
  • Mostly play 2v2, I don't have any RL buddies really so I prefer 2v2 to solo queue in.
  • I've stuck with Octane for quite a while now.
Steam profile hidden behind quotes.
Hidden content
Having a decent time so far this season
Welcome!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
If only they let us redeem for decryption keys after a 1000 crates..as a sentimental courtesy.
Between those purchased and the ones that dropped I have to have nearly 100 cluttering up my box. Nobody is gonna buy these things and I sure as hell won't open them. Would be nice to be able to do with them. Maybe 25 crates trade up to one decryptor for that crate or something.

That being said the event was great and I much preferred this system to the old one. There was a lot more items and it was easy to get everything with regular playtime.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Oh, this thread is finally up, I didn't see it.

• Hi, I'm a guy who's username you can't pronounce
  • Since it came out on Playstation Plus
  • Howering around Diamond 1/Diamond 2, but I'm steadily improving my rank, every season I get farther.
  • 1v1 and 3v3. 2v2 only with a friend
  • Octane, but I sometimes use Batmobile
  • Nothing new to add. Get that air roll and drift on L1 asap.
  • PSN:
    Hidden content
    (Europe)

I'll also join you in moaning about crates, I have more than 100 of all kinds, lol.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Also I opened twenty PCC this double painted weekend and got nearly all decals and non painted tires.

Yay.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
This event sucked. I earned a little over 340cc = 3 decryptions, 3 Halloween crates, and the universal decal. I only got 1 Halloween crate as a drop. I did earn a fair amount of other crates and only got my one free crate after I used all my decryptions. Blarg.

Also I opened twenty PCC this double painted weekend and got nearly all decals and non painted tires.

Yay.

I didn't even know this was happening, not that it matters because last time there was a painted weekend I got jack from it. Here's hopping Christmas is better.