• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
After getting all Gold in ranked, I decided to work on more wins with 3v3. Made it to platinum yesterday with 5 wins for the season reward. I know I made platinum when this game first released but then again I'm sure ranking wasn't as accurate then.
I didn't think I'd ever get this far, of course playing on Xbox I still have more to learn but I have learned a few things from observstion. In games where it's 3v3 we tend to struggle compared to when a teammate leaves making it 2vs 3 we always end up winning. Something about that 3rd person always moving the ball when they shouldnt.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love the game repeatedly soft-locking when loading into a match, then when I close out of the game and restart, I get a matchmaking ban for quitting. I understand the need for the ban, but if the match never even starts, should that be punishable?
If not you'll have a lot of people quitting the games to avoid teammates/teams

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
If not you'll have a lot of people quitting the games to avoid teammates/teams
True, didn't think of that, just been a frustrating day with my only workaround being quitting and restarting the game after each match. Also with only Champions Field, most times it will take a good minute+ before the field completely loads in, anyone else having these issues?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I hate to complain about my favorite game, especially when I know there's devs here since they're all great and I dont want to seem like I don't appreciate the hard work, but my word these servers are something else.

Played at over 700 ping for more than half a match and it's really not easy getting a third man mid way anymore. On a weekend where the player base is often 12-14k I never even saw it scrape 8k. Its the worst I've seen them drop players ever and it's kinda been this way off and on for a while.

I really hope this fix is coming soon and the dropping player numbers resurge a bit or at least stop dropping.

Edit: As soon as I check back in again the numbers are up to 10k XD. Is it EU servers in particular that are struggling or something? Numbers seem much closer to normal on US prime time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
It's so nice not being placed into a blowout match anymore. Glad they made this change.

Edit: Though now when a teammate quits, the AI doesn't seem to get replaced.

Last edited:

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
The server's are very broken. The teams aren't shuffled . 90% chance the losing team leaves at the end of the match or even before it finishes. Then you are left in training mode and nobody ever joins. You have to find a new match. Lots of time wasted in matchmaking. Why not join a match that has already started if the score is tight?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, more often than not when a lobby match ends, I'm forever in that training room. I can even double queue - i've joined a match and then had another joining match pop up and take me from a match to the next.

Very weird.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Finally made it to Diamond I this morning, best feeling in the world! I'll probably try grinding out my 10 wins later today so that I get the Diamond rewards but I'm just so happy to make it after all this time.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
ELO hell is real. Up to Gold 3. Down to Silver 3. Now I'm stuck with teammates who just go ham on the ball and never play defense. Top score while constantly losing. I feel like I shouldn't be ranking down, but I'm getting such horrible teammates.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is so frustrating. Keep getting stuck at Silver III and Silver IV. I just had a match where this player stopped in the middle of the field for 15 seconds to type (on PS4) the following:

"got dominus gt4 anyone want to trade?"

He then left the match.

... And then came back in after a minute. We lost. I went down a rank.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Peeps, solo 3's is just a bad idea all around. Use it as practice mode or whatever, but trying to rank up is a frustration in exercise that you have very little control over.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Peeps, solo 3's is just a bad idea all around. Use it as practice mode or whatever, but trying to rank up is a frustration in exercise that you have very little control over.

well its either get so consistent you never miss or turn off your brain and defend for ages

both can get you gc

neither way is a good way to learn

1s for basics
2s for beating multiple people
3s for rotations and passing

in that order, imo

Mr M

May 19, 2018
Play 1s to learn how to get around opponents and how to get back into defensive positions faster. Mainly just to learn better defence, since that mode is usually full of people who'll fly around all over the place with the mlg upside down wall juggles from the other end of the field, and it's really fun to do no special crap whatsoever and just beat them via simple blocks and fundamentals

drb

Oct 28, 2017
Standard 3 is just as bad as solo 3, I feel almost no difference when matchmaking between the two. Standard 3 also includes the problem where your teammates oftentimes are rotating as if they're still playing doubles and you don't exist.

Mr M

May 19, 2018
Standard 3s is very fun if you're playing with either competent team mates who you can read, or if you've got good team mates. If you're friends with people who play it a lot but can't hit flying shots where they want to/at all and get in your way, then you're in for a real bad time

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
If someone is good, ceiling shots feel like they are undefendable in 1s, one guy destroyed me recently with 4 in a row and that's in D2/D3. So, what is the approach do defend against this? Do you sit deep in the goal waiting for them and go for the ball head on, waiting by the side or are you on the wall?

drb

Oct 28, 2017
If someone is good, ceiling shots feel like they are undefendable in 1s, one guy destroyed me recently with 4 in a row and that's in D2/D3. So, what is the approach do defend against this? Do you sit deep in the goal waiting for them and go for the ball head on, waiting by the side or are you on the wall?

Ceiling shots are very time consuming. Can't speak for 1s, but if you have trouble saving them then challenging midair is what I always do. No matter how good people are at them, it doesn't matter if they're forced to use the dodge early.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Generally I'll start out defending them from net, trying to wait and see what happens after they flip. If they prove they can hit a great ceiling shot I'll challenge the next one in the air as early as possible.

silkavfc

Banned
May 7, 2018
England
How many times does this game need updating?! It feels like every time I want a quick game I have to wait half an hour for it to download and install!

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Ceiling shots are very time consuming. Can't speak for 1s, but if you have trouble saving them then challenging midair is what I always do. No matter how good people are at them, it doesn't matter if they're forced to use the dodge early.

Generally I'll start out defending them from net, trying to wait and see what happens after they flip. If they prove they can hit a great ceiling shot I'll challenge the next one in the air as early as possible.

Yeah, I too feel like that is a good way to defend, I tried it a few times but it's also risky if you missjudge the height and distance.

Anyway, by the time I learn to properly defend against that, people are going to go for triple flip resets, lol

This Evample guy is a god.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, they're not doing decryptors for this event?

What a shame...I wanted to unlock some items that way.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys.

I'm not a competitive guy, but I wanted the season rewards so I played and got placed gold in 2v2 for the last season (like 2 weeks ago).

Turned my Switch on today, no rewards, did I do something wrong :/?

Oct 26, 2017
You need to win 10 games at each reward level... your 10 placements count for nothing. Your first 10 wins after being placed count towards bronze rewards, then after that if you're silver or above, 10 wins count towards silver rewards... and so on. And you don't get to skip anything, so my wins at Champ 1 are currently counting towards silver rewards for the new season.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I like the new centro wheels, but other than that I'm not liking much in the new crate and the new map is far too bright. They should change the time of day to sunset or something, it might work better.

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, by the time I learn to properly defend against that, people are going to go for triple flip resets, lol

This Evample guy is a god.

Can you explain what's going on? I haven't played in a long time but I thought you can only reset by touching the ceiling/floor/wall? Looks like they're resetting by touching the ball.