• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
So sick of getting teammates that want to forfeit down a goal, and they just stop playing. Why is there no reliable way to ban these jokers?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Matchmaking is absolutely killing me. I just want to play snow day, it's my favourite mode. It says there are 600 people playing in the European servers, yet I'm sat here for over 30 minutes waiting to get a match. Been like this for a week or two now, it's a great way of killing off a mode.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
how many painted octanes do you own *sweatdrop*

Honestly I would have bought some cosmetics if they were direct sale - its really hard to convince myself to sink keys/money for a cost thats arbitrarily decided by the community.
I rarely keep stuff when I'm done using it. Usually trade it for keys when I'm done. I use to do a ton of trading so I have keys for when I want something. Most stuff isn't very expensive anymore. That blue octane was I think 14 and the saffron one was like 6. That being said the trading community is pretty insufferable. Too many people are incredibly rude and EVERYONE sells super high and buys super low. It's just a hassle.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely keep stuff when I'm done using it. Usually trade it for keys when I'm done. I use to do a ton of trading so I have keys for when I want something. Most stuff isn't very expensive anymore. That blue octane was I think 14 and the saffron one was like 6. That being said the trading community is pretty insufferable. Too many people are incredibly rude and EVERYONE sells super high and buys super low. It's just a hassle.

Trickiest part is you can't really preview anything before actually buying. You just sorta hope it all fits together?

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Missed out on last season, did the placements, won 3, ended up where I left in diamond 1.
1st game after placement, guy just drives in circles.

Nothing changed, It's like I never left.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
That blue octane was I think 14 and the saffron one was like 6. That being said the trading community is pretty insufferable. Too many people are incredibly rude and EVERYONE sells super high and buys super low. It's just a hassle.
Tell me about it. I've had mostly good experiences with rocket-league.com, but yesterday gave me a good laugh. Put up a handful of items looking for either keys or Triumph crates, get someone who wants 8 crates worth of items but only offers me 2, when I tell him he needs to add, I get "lol no I know prices". I don't even try to bargain with those kind of people.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, on Switch I start a casual match and 99% of the time either the other team doesn't move at all or my team doesn't move at all or both.

Is there a known issue with the wifi that Google isn't revealing to me? What are other people's experience here, it seems so bizarre. I'd like to learn how to play with humans but it seems as if everyone is linkdead.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is there a bug or something? i've played about 30 matches since the new stuff came out and i haven't gotten a single crate or any kind. i also haven't seen the new arena once. i'm on ps4.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Twinzer!

Also there are a lot of bits underneath and in the engine that come painted. not just the roll bars.
Well you've done it. I have been wanting a "Black Octane" and now the painted black twinzer is just that. I actually like the body much better than the octane. One problem though...they are impossible to find. Nobody is selling these things painted black. I've been searching sites, reddit and discords and nobody has any. I know some have dropped but are they just extremely rare? Feels like a community driven price manipulation might happen with these.

sigh.

p.s. I told you they would bitch about the trim not being painted. =p

Last edited:

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Well you've done it. I have been wanting a "Black Octane" and now the painted black twinzer is just that. I actually like the body much better than the octane. One problem though...they are impossible to find. Nobody is selling these things painted black. I've been searching sites, reddit and discords and nobody has any. I know some have dropped but are they just extremely rare? Feels like a community driven price manipulation might happen with these.

sigh.

p.s. I told you they would bitch about the trim not being painted. =p

Ugh i know but i think we are gonna make the trim painted. I like the more subtle look but people like their color changes.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Got it! Black Twinzer. Time to retire.
BlackTwinz.png

Last edited:

Mr M

May 19, 2018
First time playing solo since i let my D3 rank expire early last season and yikes... Haven't won a single placement match

At least dragging along my goofball friend in duos and singles still placed me in D3 so i don't have to spend half the season climbing up to that

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh i know but i think we are gonna make the trim painted. I like the more subtle look but people like their color changes.
Is the yellow tint on the painted bits intentional? Just got the black Twinzer and on all the painted parts like the roll cage and bits under the car it's not a pure black. There is a yellow tint to it all. Can it be a bug related to the original color?

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Anyone up for a few matches from time to time? Playing on PC in UTC+02:00 timezone.

I am not new to the game, started playing february 2017, but lost my mates (they went on to play Arc Survival all the time) I played with a few weeks ago which resulted in me not playing a lot anymore cause it can get a bit boring with randoms. 444 hours, currently not ranked but was ranked at Platinum II

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
That trex explosion is sick and makes it so I don't have to sacrifice my first born to try and get the hellfire because now I can have a fire Dino explosion with any car.

But, uh..... BttF trail when?

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That trex explosion is sick and makes it so I don't have to sacrifice my first born to try and get the hellfire because now I can have a fire Dino explosion with any car.

But, uh..... BttF trail when?

Oh so it'll for sure be universal unlike the Batmobile? I'll definitely be buying it for that explosion though.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else on Switch been having difficulty connecting with people online? As soon as I enter a standard competitive or solo standard competitive match it kicks me right out and gives me error 58 (twice it gave me 57) out of attempts made for 45 minutes.

Gonna reboot the router tomorrow as it was in use with other devices streaming YouTube video, however when I switched to Mario Kart I had absolutely no issues connecting or participating in several races, so I am particularly baffled. Switched from 5GHz (1.3Mbps down/93kbps up) to 2.4GHz (14Mbps down/5.6Mbps up), and no change to error

Mr M

May 19, 2018
unknown.png

FINALLY

Yeesh it's exhausting having to go on a 3-4 win streak to get from D3 div 4 to that.
Now to immediately lose the rank and any chance i have of getting the season reward...

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you, Mr M. That was me last season. Never got back to champ once I lost it. This new season put me at Champ I Div IV and I was able to get to Champ II. I'm just gonna let that sit there for a bit until I've got the diamond rewards so maybe I'll get them this time around.

I'm definitely ranked too high. I have good rotations and can put the ball on goal when I need to but my overall mechanics are so basic. I really need to practice some new stuff and figure out how to score at better angles or have more car control.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Which battle-cars are considered to have the best body type/hitboxes for competitive matches?

And an unrelated question: can the Batman goal explosion be used with any Batmobile, or just the Justice League version?

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
By the types:
Octane
Dominus
Batmobile

All of their bodies correlates good with their hitboxes, and those are the most used cars. There are other types, but I haven't seen anyone use them competitively.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
The event is live.

Beach Blast is Rocket League's next in-game Event and it kicks off just before the summer arrives. Starting June 11 at 10am PDT (see full timing details below) you'll be able to purchase 'Beach Blast' Crates with 'Shells' you earn for playing Online matches. You'll also be able to purchase Beach Blast Crates directly through the Rocket League client (similar to buying Keys or Premium DLC Battle-Cars).

Like our previous Events, we'll have 12 additional items for purchase with Shells as well, along with Decryptors! Check out screenshots of some of the items below!

Event timing details:

Beach Blast Start Time: Monday, June 11, 10am PDT (1pm EDT, 7pm CEST)
Beach Blast End Time: Monday, July 2, 5pm PDT (8pm EDT, 2am CEST on July 3)
Beach Blast 'Shells' Expire: Friday, July 6, 5pm PDT (1pm EDT, 7pm CEST)

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
Of course there would be people in this thread who also hit champion for the first time this season!! I was excited last night and feeling special knowing that I was finally able to make it to Champion, that I somehow improved! But now I am not so sure, maybe they just allowed more people to hit that rank :(

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did my 10 matches to get my rank. Diamond III Div II. The hell am I doing this close to champ ranks?! I hardly even play anymore! Why couldn't I pull this off when i was actually trying to. I swear this game just likes to mock me sometimes.

Mr M

May 19, 2018
You gotta take advantage of the head start that placement matches give you, and use that to propel yourself to champion etc.

After a while there'll be good players hovering around that D3-C1 mark and most partners hovering in the ranks just below those won't be good enough team mates to defeat those good teams and get you to move up.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up the smores banner because I thought that was pretty awesome. I want that beach ball explosion and I'm pretty much set for the event. I like the ice bar, it's pretty nice.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. I have good awareness, rotations and fundamentals but my ball and air control is definitely lacking. I feel bad sometimes but ain't nobody got time for practice.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
My air control could be better but I can do things. What makes me mad is that no one rotates, I move up a little, and then I am blamed for a goal.

I guess it is my fault but I hate when others don't rotate, constantly hitting me when I have the best shot at the ball, etc.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of love playing solo standard. Feels low pressure, can just mess around and whatnot. I usually hang out in D1 in solo while I'm C1 in 3s (though I play on my own, don't really like grouping up).

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. I have good awareness, rotations and fundamentals but my ball and air control is definitely lacking. I feel bad sometimes but ain't nobody got time for practice.

Pepiope couldnt flick when he made top 8 dreamhack. Fire basically didn't use any mechanics that are convoluted at all all of rlcs.

never forget guys
theres always other ways to solve a problem

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Screw you Soul! :P

But ya I had the mechanics of a Diamond player. Playing smart goes a long way.