• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get Halloween crates with those credits. You can probably buy like 20 for a key now. You were better off buying the rest of the times first.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have 34 Halloween crates in my inventory. Need to sell or trade them all. Wish items stacked, such a messy inventory system.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Is Psynet party system live for anyone yet? If so, how is it?
Just shows you who on your friends list is online and what they are doing. Not a major change except invites are done in game and not through steam. I can't seem to invite someone unless they are in game which I hope they remedy though. When this allows other platforms though it will be great.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I kinda noticed in the last few days of playing my flying has has changed again. I think it's an upgrade since I'm getting into the air very fast and with minimal boost, but the bit that's really different is I seem to never fly straight anymore and instead seem to be flying at all sorts of odd angles to lead into the ball roof side of the nose first for the extra power, often with the nose of the car actually pointing downward for a fair portion of the flight. I figure this is a benefit of being able to read a bit better and do almost all of the burn on takeoff and it's strange since this wasn't really a conscious decision. It kinda looks weird af though, like a fish out of water until it actually connects.

It's really helping me to lead into the shots that bit more though, which I do tend to struggle with when using Octane and this has lessened it a bit.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Played a little on the XB1X, and noticed improved load times and the visuals look sharper (on 1080p tv). Will be great when we get the upgrade patch and I get a new TV.

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've played this since day one on PS4 and still have fun. I really only have problems with two types of people:

The list of people who annoy me in this game is ever-expanding. Yesterday got stuck with one of those guys who never rotates back, then whenever he accidentally put the ball somewhere within 100 miles of the net would pretend it was a pass and be all "take the shot!" Of course, if we had actually tried to convert on his shit passes the other team would have scored and he'd be all "what a save!" Naturally I got him as a teammate the next game too, because that always fucking happens.

Umbra_Witcher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
The list of people who annoy me in this game is ever-expanding. Yesterday got stuck with one of those guys who never rotates back, then whenever he accidentally put the ball somewhere within 100 miles of the net would pretend it was a pass and be all "take the shot!" Of course, if we had actually tried to convert on his shit passes the other team would have scored and he'd be all "what a save!" Naturally I got him as a teammate the next game too, because that always fucking happens.
I agree, it usually feels like there are really bad days and really good ones. I'd still say as a whole i prefer the RL community to OW.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone's favourite goal explosions?

I wanna pick up another but cannot for the life of me pick between Hellfire and Fireworks...

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
What is everyone's favourite goal explosions?

I wanna pick up another but cannot for the life of me pick between Hellfire and Fireworks...
I want popcorn, but It have the "Yaay!" Balloons explosion. Seeing that my name's Ghrellin..I really want popcorn because it's related to food.

EDIT:. my PS ID is : Ghrellin and I have...287 crates of all types if anyone wants to trade.. actually I've never traded B4, and really never thought about it until now, so I'm a noob trader.. really just want popcorn explosion. After that I'm done - until there's something else I want...cheers!!

Oct 28, 2017
I want popcorn, but It have the "Yaay!" Balloons explosion. Seeing that my name's Ghrellin..I really want popcorn because it's related to food.

EDIT:. my PS ID is : Ghrellin and I have...287 crates of all types if anyone wants to trade.. actually I've never traded B4, and really never thought about it until now, so I'm a noob trader.. really just want popcorn explosion. After that I'm done - until there's something else I want...cheers!!

Hi. You might want to take a look at the general asking prices before you trade so you don't get ripped off :)

Something like https://rltracker.pro/trades
Should give you an idea..

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How is everyone excited for this weeks RLCS finale?
I know I am.
Leave work early, hit the gym, buy some munchies and then it's all RLCS for the rest of the day :)

Think I'll root for G2, although many/all players caught up to him mechanically he is still the household name, so why not go oldschool. (especially when he managed to qualify this time around :D)
Although I think PSG are a strong contender as well.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
  • I'm mysteriosa31 and I'm playing on PS4 (EU)
  • I play since lauch (didn't play for maybe a year when OW launched but got back to it this year)
  • I'm ranked plat3 for 2 season in solo and standard 3v3, came close to diamond twice, and went on a huge losing streak both times.
  • My most played mode is 3v3
  • I was playing with the backfire before my OW break, then octane now.
  • Settings : I use default i think with a higher fov
  • Discuss tips : Air roll on L1 is a must, I think switching boost and powerslide might be better too.
How is everyone excited for this weeks RLCS finale?
I know I am.
Leave work early, hit the gym, buy some munchies and then it's all RLCS for the rest of the day :)

I am too. Rooting for GFE first then PSG probably. I hope I'll get something else than rlcs decals too. I have way to many.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The new Rocket League update adds a Batman goal explosion for those that bought the BvS Batmobile car add-on.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-39/

The full change log:

CHANGES AND UPDATES

General

• Improved performance when High Quality Shaders are disabled on the following maps:
    • Aquadome, Core 707, Starbase ARC and Urban Central
  • Improved CPU performance in online play when receiving physics corrections from the game server
  • The in-game PsyNet Party invite window now sorts friends alphabetically.
  • New server region added in South Africa (SAF)
  • New server region hosted in Singapore (ASM)
  • ASC servers are now hosted in Taiwan
  • Added more servers in Japan
Audio
  • Revised certain sounds (Impacts, Wheel Effects, Car Jumping/Dodging) for local vs. non-local players to improve clarity and readability.
BUG FIXES

General
  • The Playlists / Find Match UI should load much more quickly than before
  • Competitive Leaver Penalties are no longer applied to players who quit after someone else has already left a competitive match
  • Replays from Urban Central that were captured before the Autumn Update will no longer cause the game to crash
  • Duplicate boost pads on Champion's Field are no longer visible when using certain video settings
  • Fixed an issue with motion blur on Core 707 on all platforms
Xbox
  • Fixed an issue that caused framerate stuttering/hitching to occur and worsen over time (with V-Sync off)
  • Fixed multiple crashes on Xbox
PS4
  • Fixed a rendering issue that could rarely cause corrupted textures on PS4

NEW CONTENT

Goal Explosions
  • 'Batmobile' Goal Explosion has been added to the 'Batmobile' Premium DLC.
    • Current owners: The new Goal Explosion will be added automatically to your Garage
Community Flags
  • 'NVIDIA GeForce' Community Flag has been updated and renamed 'NVIDIA'
  • 'NVIDIA SHIELD' Community Flag has been added
  • 'The Game Awards' Community Flag has been updated

v0rt3x

Oct 27, 2017
  • Love rocket league but haven't able to break past gold with randoms. Looking for people to play with.
  • Since it released on xbox
  • Gold 3 ?
  • 3v3 ranked
  • Right now I'm playing with Mantis.
  • v0rt3x on Xbox live.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yo, out of nowhere, but we need the car from Men in Black.

And, where's that BttF boost/trail we were promised 2 years ago?

okay

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Helios boost and a skin for Dominus GT which I don't have and is apparently crate only.

Anyone trading a Dominus GT on Steam?

shyTyrant

Oct 31, 2017
  • Howdy all! djmattiepoo/ShyTyrant here.
  • How long have you been playing? I've been playing ever since Rocket League was offered as a PS+ title years ago. I moved onto PC about a year ago!
  • What are you ranked? Right now, I'm hovering in the middle of the platinum ranks. Hope to hit diamond eventually! Then on to champ ranks.
  • Whats your most played mode? I enjoy myself some hoops, but I probably play all four competitive modes equally. Practice, practice, practice.
  • Favorite car? (or hitbox type) Favorite car that I keep coming back to is the Takumi-RXT. There's just something about it, though its turn radius can be annoying at times.
  • Discuss settings: I recently changed my settings quite a bit, though it didn't take as long to get used to them as I thought they would. L1=air roll/drift, R1=accel, L2=brakes/reverse, Square=boost, Cross=jump.
  • Discuss tips: Practice, practice and practice. Watch and analyze the pros and your own play through replays. Also, take a break if you find yourself in a losing streak or head into practice. I mostly play solo queue, but would like to find some teammates eventually! Play around with all the settings too. It can improve your game quite a bit, depending on what works best for you.
  • Share your desired platform username: Find me at djmattiepoo on Steam.

shyTyrant

Oct 31, 2017
The pink in my painted pink sticker bomb decal changed quite bit after the recent update. Doesn't look as good now as it did before the update in my opinion.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Some items leaked from the last update. Probably Christmas crate. New car!
4UaHZPT.jpg

ElJFmPS.jpg

3zivSSB.jpg

OSB9GQO.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Good matches yesterday. Several nice suprises? I liked the Chiefs and Method.

Also PSG so many mixed emotions. PSG looks better in my eyes for getting into the esport, but I don't want them to win :D real solid performance though.. a conteder for champions definetly.

Metsanauris with a propeller cap :D Hyvä Suomi!

Edit: anyone get any of that fan stuff?

Oct 26, 2017
God at the start of this season is had such a good time with teammates but the last few days have been awful. Just had one where we conceded in the first thirty seconds. He missed a shot and I flew back to defend but couldn't make it in time and he flipped out. Ended up playing the rest of the game 3v1 cause I wouldn't forfeit. Ended up losing only 4-3. If he wasn't such a child we wouldn't have lost.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
It's really awful last few days, they either want to forfeit when we are only one goal behind and there is almost 2 mins of play left, or they actively play against you after you make a mistake. I can't carry if my teammates are scoring autogoals, lol.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing you can count on at the weekends it's the increased toxicity. I figure it's kids being out of school. I kinda pefer the lower player counts during mid week especially after 11pm as the euro servers can be really chilled out then.

I fucking hate the toxicity too but I think I'm immune at this point. I do take a LOT of satisfaction on scoring the exact same goal on people who call you a lucker usually followed by some insult in a language I can't read though

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
It's really awful last few days, they either want to forfeit when we are only one goal behind and there is almost 2 mins of play left, or they actively play against you after you make a mistake. I can't carry if my teammates are scoring autogoals, lol.
I've been getting a lot of assholes that troll me in the chat if I have less points than them as some sign that I'm a lesser player than them, which makes me wish I could have an ignore list in Rocket League to avoid those sorts of people. Usually tends to happen when me and my Pro status tag gets matched with Experts and up that only seem to care about their rankings.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I've been getting a lot of assholes that troll me in the chat if I have less points than them as some sign that I'm a lesser player than them, which makes me wish I could have an ignore list in Rocket League to avoid those sorts of people. Usually tends to happen when me and my Pro status tag gets matched with Experts and up that only seem to care about their rankings.
I dont mind losing by a lot in regular modes so I just stay the course and finish the match. Well lately I've been I've been a LOT of RUMBLE so yeah. But I NEVER abandon my competitive matches. I do forget to do my rotations but I never try to work against the team. I've found that people really take offense to goal stealing in regular modes.I dont think there's goal stealing competitive modes cuz you're trying to work for the team.

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus yeah I was playing with some guy yesterday and we conceded after like 30 seconds? He wants to forfeit. I don't. We win. Then today I ended up playing against him and I thought "wasn't that guy an asshole?" We score to level at 1-1 and up comes on that chat, his teammate "why do you want to forfeit". Shit's tiring sometimes.

I did have a great game today though. Team mate left while we were winning 3-0. Ended up winning 6-2 2v1. I had 6 or so saves. It was funny seeing them get so angry. First ever 2v1 win.

Chrizzy_81

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I've got around 100 hours logged on pc and thirty on PS4. Looking forward to treble dipping on the switch :)

If anyone wants to add me it's

Chrizzy_81 on pc and PS4.
Switch friend code: 4283-4535-7708

Look forward to playing with some era players soon :)

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
So I got on to check to see if I got any items. Whilst I did, I thought for a 2nd I got something much better than I did. Got Apex wheels which I thought were white, turned out to be cobalt (they looked white at first.) Thought I hit the jackpot. I'll rock the colbalts for a while though.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
After an absolutely infuriating attempt to play via steam link wireless, I literally have to say it is unplayable.

This is making me wish the Switch had some sort of demo or refund system. I need to know how it "feels". If there's any semblance of input delay I am going to just be wasting that $20

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
After an absolutely infuriating attempt to play via steam link wireless, I literally have to say it is unplayable.

This is making me wish the Switch had some sort of demo or refund system. I need to know how it "feels". If there's any semblance of input delay I am going to just be wasting that $20

That is a great point. I've been ready to go in day 1 on this but it might be a good idea for me to wait a bit to see how people are feeling about the wireless. My ping gets spotty even playing with wired ethernet on xbox so the switch version might be really rough in that area.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So many games!

But definitely considering this on switch

Any tips for beginners? I am going to be slammed at first aren't I?

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
So many games!

But definitely considering this on switch

Any tips for beginners? I am going to be slammed at first aren't I?

I'm sure there will be plenty of new people like you on the switch so don't worry! My best recommendation for new players is to watch the following tutorial videos. There are a few but even just the first one was immensely helpful for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehP7NS7T5SU&list=PLF0DKOOp6FChYz1cMoOhWheVDHNY1q-XR

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Lost a 2v2 and the whole game the opponents were giving us dogs abuse, calling us trash, terrible, telling us to forfeit, quit the game entirely, etc. This flow of chatter is constant.

The next game we get them again and beat them easily with double the goals and they don't say a word, and my friend and I just say "trash" back to them at the very end. Fucking poetry.