• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. You may not get many responses but I can probably steer you in the right direction. What decal and what platform are you on?

Alright thanks! I'm looking for Mainframe and I'm on PC. I don't really have much to trade in terms of raw items but I have quite a bit of crates as I never buy keys and I have no idea about item values. I can post screenshot later.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Alright thanks! I'm looking for Mainframe and I'm on PC. I don't really have much to trade in terms of raw items but I have quite a bit of crates as I never buy keys and I have no idea about item values. I can post screenshot later.
Mainframe is about 19 keys. Unless you happen to get lucky and have some painted octane or black common wheels like dieci it's gonna be really hard to get that trade. Crates are pretty much the same. Most of them are worth very little dozens for a single key for example. Best bet is buying keys and trading someone directly for them. I can have a look through your inventory if you post it but it's gonna be tough to get it through trading.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Mainframe is about 19 keys. Unless you happen to get lucky and have some painted octane or black common wheels like dieci it's gonna be really hard to get that trade. Crates are pretty much the same. Most of them are worth very little dozens for a single key for example. Best bet is buying keys and trading someone directly for them. I can have a look through your inventory if you post it but it's gonna be tough to get it through trading.

Oh holy okay I had no idea how much money these items can be worth, isn't 19 keys like 20€? I will pass then a single skin isn't worth that money for me and I doubt my meager inventory has anything comparable but still thanks for taking a look. Here is it: https://imgur.com/a/coYZgon

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh holy okay I had no idea how much money these items can be worth, isn't 19 keys like 20€? I will pass then a single skin isn't worth that money for me and I doubt my meager inventory has anything comparable but still thanks for taking a look. Here is it: https://imgur.com/a/coYZgon
Yeah unfortunately don't see any high value items. BM decals tend to be pretty pricey and that one is relatively new so it won't drop much more for awhile. It was about 40 keys few weeks ago.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So Rocket League is testing me again:
1. game, OT, set myself up for a play, hear boost, behind me, probably other team contesting, no, my own f teammeate, doublecommit -> lost
2. game, lost 5:1, 320pt(me), 40pts, 0pts...
3. game, lost 2:1 someone with 0pts on the winning team, of course
4. game, ragequit with 10s to go after 1st teammate misses open goal, 2nd teammate (still open goal) misses too, freak clear pinch into our goal, thank you I'm out (already down 4:0). gladly take that timeout.
5. game, taking the lead, teammate quits, have to play 3v2.... but won.

What kind of trial is Rocket League putting me through...

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
Do casual 3v3s use a different matchmaking system than ranked? I'm a Gold 3/Plat 1 that just got matched up against a Season 8 grand champion and several diamonds the other night in casuals.

Also, I feel like everyone I've been matched with recently has been WAY faster than me. I'm always frozen, while everyone else around me is moving at blistering speeds. I can't make the decisions or reads like everyone else at the moment. I can't go for a ball with a weird bounce because I'll whiff, but if I slow down the other team will take control of it. Not sure why I seem to be put in matches way over my head, but is there any way to practice my reads? I've been doing the steam work shop maps for aerial car control, and I've been practicing aerials and wall shots with the training shots. But since I can't randomize the shots, I always know what's coming after I practice a shot the first time so I feel like I'm cheating as far as practicing my reads.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As it happens with all multiplayer games doing limited double XP events, some of the worst scum really comes back since there is far more to gain than usual. Had a match where the opponents spent the entire match typing toxic shit in caps lock to try and distract me: didn't work, I won anyway. There's tons of quitters, the most infuriating had to be one where we were winning 5-2 with about a minute to go, then my teammate (2v2) started spinning in the goal and just driving randomly, which caused us to end up 5v5, at which point he quit and I lost alone in the overtime. And of course lagswitches, teammates who need to be the protagonists by touching every fucking ball (even pushing off balls that I was hitting in the opposing net)... sigh, that was painful tbh, played just enough to get the wins for the week. I'll still put my two Monday wins to good use, then hopefully the toxicity ends. There's usually enough trash players in the weekends as is but this double XP time period seems to have brought out even worse than normal.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It does? I never equip hats as they bother me with hitbox-perception so I would easily part with it.

So uh I just checked... can anyone help me sell this thing for the keys?
Holy shit you had an alpha cap? How did I miss that haha. That's worth like well over 100 you're rich!

Be very weary of scammers. Don't click on ANY link people send you. Luckily for you Psyonix made it possible to trade 200 keys in one transaction. Wait does that mean you have the good nugget, goldstone tires and alpha boost as well?

Seriously was that stuff in the picture?

Oct 27, 2017
Count was trying to tell you that you didn't have anything special so he could swipe up that Alpha cap for himself. /s

Congrats on the find. Now enjoy your riches and don't forget about us now that you made it.

I got a TW Octane on PS4 from a trade up and it took me forever to realize. Sadly I don't play PS4 much so it's a waste really.

Oct 27, 2017
Count was trying to tell you that you didn't have anything special so he could swipe up that Alpha cap for himself. /s

Congrats on the find. Now enjoy your riches and don't forget about us now that you made it.

I got a TW Octane on PS4 from a trade up and it took me forever to realize. Sadly I don't play PS4 much so it's a waste really.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Lol. I'm kind of ashamed I didn't see it. I was either to focused on wheels(I never look at Toppers) but if he has the hat he should have everything else. Not sure how I missed the stuff.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit you had an alpha cap? How did I miss that haha. That's worth like well over 100 you're rich!

Be very weary of scammers. Don't click on ANY link people send you. Luckily for you Psyonix made it possible to trade 200 keys in one transaction. Wait does that mean you have the good nugget, goldstone tires and alpha boost as well?

Seriously was that stuff in the picture?

He probably traded them without realizing

I got 140 keys for it in the end :P It's probably slightly undervalued and I might have been able to score 160 or so but this was a very reputable buyer so I went the safe route. Had two people who wanted to scam me for my Steam account by voting for them on dodgy sites and they wanted to give me 200 keys afterwards. But I smelled the fishiness immediately when the site wanted me to log-in via Steam. To be 100% sure it was a scam I made a throwaway Steam-account on a throaway email with the password "f*ckyou123" and used that to log-in to the site. Sure enough the site wanted a Steam Authenticator Code which is obviously nonsense on a freshly setup account. Blocked and reported the guy ASAP, the password was a gift to him :P

When the second guy wanted me to vote I blocked him outright. In the end I bought myself the Rocket Pass and Mainframe for 23 keys, the rest I'll hoard for future Rocket Passes and to treat friends here and there when they get crates with items they want :)

As for the other Alpha rewards, I'm 100% sure I only ever got the hat and I just checked on the Psyonix forums and found this:

Rewards were given out based on how many Alpha invites you sent out and were actually redeemed.

As far as I remember I only had one friend who was interested in the game as we played SARPBC for years and I wasn't really active on GAF all that much back then so I had no places to give my keys away if I even got more than one, I don't remember. I'm happy with what I have :)

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I got 140 keys for it in the end :P It's probably slightly undervalued and I might have been able to score 160 or so but this was a very reputable buyer so I went the safe route. Had two people who wanted to scam me for my Steam account by voting for them on dodgy sites and they wanted to give me 200 keys afterwards. But I smelled the fishiness immediately when the site wanted me to log-in via Steam. To be 100% sure it was a scam I made a throwaway Steam-account on a throaway email with the password "f*ckyou123" and used that to log-in to the site. Sure enough the site wanted a Steam Authenticator Code which is obviously nonsense on a freshly setup account. Blocked and reported the guy ASAP, the password was a gift to him :P

When the second guy wanted me to vote I blocked him outright. In the end I bought myself the Rocket Pass and Mainframe for 23 keys, the rest I'll hoard for future Rocket Passes and to treat friends here and there when they get crates with items they want :)

As for the other Alpha rewards, I'm 100% sure I only ever got the hat and I just checked on the Psyonix forums and found this:

As far as I remember I only had one friend who was interested in the game as we played SARPBC for years and I wasn't really active on GAF all that much back then so I had no places to give my keys away if I even got more than one, I don't remember. I'm happy with what I have :)
Oh I never knew that about the alpha rewards. That's awesome man. Happy you got what you wanted. Was kinda bummed you couldn't get your decal. Still don't know how I missed it but I'm glad someone else caught it before someone tried to scam you. Glad you knew better. So many scammers in this trading community that it put me off trading completely. Enjoy your mainframe!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I never knew that about the alpha rewards. That's awesome man. Happy you got what you wanted. Was kinda bummed you couldn't get your decal. Still don't know how I missed it but I'm glad someone else caught it before someone tried to scam you. Glad you knew better. So many scammers in this trading community that it put me off trading completely. Enjoy your mainframe!

Don't worry about missing it, no hard feelings at all! :) Was 140 actually an okay deal? And yeah I knew from the get-go that 200 keys was too good to be true but I figured why not try and see what happens. That I was so careful was due to that and my Steam account getting hacked once around 2010 or so shortly after I used the Steam Login on a Garry's Mod mod page and ever since then I don't trust any "Login with Steam" option, not even with 2FA set and not even on Humble Bundle. My Modern Warfare 2 physical key got me my account back then thankfully. But yeah that's sadly the nature of the beast, where profit is to be made people will prey, it's kinda sad. And thank you! :D

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry about missing it, no hard feelings at all! :) Was 140 actually an okay deal? And yeah I knew from the get-go that 200 keys was too good to be true but I figured why not try and see what happens. That I was so careful was due to that and my Steam account getting hacked once around 2010 or so shortly after I used the Steam Login on a Garry's Mod mod page and ever since then I don't trust any "Login with Steam" option, not even with 2FA set and not even on Humble Bundle. My Modern Warfare 2 physical key got me my account back then thankfully. But yeah that's sadly the nature of the beast, where profit is to be made people will prey, it's kinda sad. And thank you! :D
Yeah they are listed at around 144-155. Sometimes it's okay to give a little to not deal with scammers or endless people fighting over a few keys.

Okay this Halloween event. To get everything it will be 1,500 Candy corn. I'm getting from 7-10. most of the time it's 8. It's gonna be like 150+ matches for everything. at 5+ minutes per match it's gonna end up being 12 hours + for everything. Eh.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
These past few months I think I've just not enjoyed my time with Rocket League. 800 hours of good times and playing when I actually felt like playing or if I played I'd be working meaningfully towards something. These past 100 hours I have just gotten to a burnout point too many times. Maybe after 900 hours a game has run its course, but I definitely feel the waning has been influenced and increased by some recent tweaks to earning event items.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
These past few months I think I've just not enjoyed my time with Rocket League. 800 hours of good times and playing when I actually felt like playing or if I played I'd be working meaningfully towards something. These past 100 hours I have just gotten to a burnout point too many times. Maybe after 900 hours a game has run its course, but I definitely feel the waning has been influenced and increased by some recent tweaks to earning event items.

Happened to me but I played way less hours. I keep watching this thread to see people post though and see if anything changes for events and earning them.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are listed at around 144-155. Sometimes it's okay to give a little to not deal with scammers or endless people fighting over a few keys.

Okay this Halloween event. To get everything it will be 1,500 Candy corn. I'm getting from 7-10. most of the time it's 8. It's gonna be like 150+ matches for everything. at 5+ minutes per match it's gonna end up being 12 hours + for everything. Eh.

That makes me happy to hear! Yeah that was my exact train of thought, even if I could have gotten up to 15 keys more I didn't feel it was worth the hassle in this particular case. And yeah this event doesn't have the best outlook, prices seem to have risen and no Decryptors at all. Sure you get them through levels now but I feel atleast 3 of them for the event would have been okay. I really hope Rocket League doesn't lean in too heavy on the MTX Rocket Pass way neglecting people who don't have the pass too much :/

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I just got 13 from a game. I don't understand how it works but I've played maybe ten games and most of the time it was 7 and 8. I don't mind the pass and the events and yeah you can complete them but they are skewed heavily in the favor of those who play a lot. They need to do a better job of balancing it for people who are more casual since these rewards are probably things those players will enjoy most since the hardcore probably already have a wealth of expensive items.

It got to the point where I just ignore the XP bars and items now. I just can't be arsed to grind in this game. It makes it much less fun.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
What's the most reputable trading site? I think steam forums have officially reached rock bottom.

I got lucky and got a Nimbus out of the crate and just want to get keys so I grab a few of the old-new chassis I missed recently.

Oct 27, 2017
What's the most reputable trading site? I think steam forums have officially reached rock bottom.

I got lucky and got a Nimbus out of the crate and just want to get keys so I grab a few of the old-new chassis I missed recently.

I go here: https://rocket-league.com/trading

Just search nimbus, your platform and switch it to "I have" instead of "I want". Haven't had any issues personally.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

I go here: https://rocket-league.com/trading

Just search nimbus, your platform and switch it to "I have" instead of "I want". Haven't had any issues personally.

I used this site too with exactly the same system it works! You just have to be on the lookout for scammers, if anyone wants you to vote for them on any site or login elsewhere, immediately block them! And I would also avoid any seller who has linked a Steam Profile there just saying "Add my main Profile".

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I got the ghoul banner yesterday but ended up not even liking it. I might go for the ghost boost trail tonight, but pretty lazy to do so

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Played some unranked 2s with my Diamond 3 friend... queued into Torment and Gimmick. Was not a great time. -_-

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Roadmap

Hello everyone! We're really excited to see that many of you have embraced "Competitive" Extra Modes since we released the Season 9 Update last month. Each Extra Mode Competitive Playlist has twice as many active players (on average) than their Casual equivalents did. We're just as happy to see that everyone is enjoying Rocket Pass, too, along with the new Clubs feature. It looks like many of you are really going after all the rewards and Pro Tiers that Rocket Pass has to offer (and remember: our first Rocket Pass will come to an end on November 26)!

Rocket League's full release in China is also fast approaching (but no official date announcement just yet); it feels great to deliver Soccar, and all that comes with it, to yet another region of the world. Our partners at Tencent are big fans of the game and have been incredibly supportive of our vision and goals.

ROCKETID NEWS
Before diving into what's next, we have an update on RocketID, a feature that many of you are really excited for. While our goal was to release RocketID before the end of 2018, we've made the difficult decision to push its release into early 2019. The good news is that with Sony's recent announcements regarding full cross-platform functionality, we can now make additional changes to prepare RocketID for ALL platforms should we receive permission to do so! We're working incredibly hard to ensure that it's as intuitive, stable, and polished as possible, before releasing it to the world. We know the wait has been frustrating for many of you who are eager for this feature, and we thank you for your patience as we continue to work on cross-platform support.

XBOX ONE X, ROCKET PASS 2 AND FROSTY FEST 2018
We have one planned update left for 2018, which we're hoping to release in early December. For our Xbox One X players, your time has come! Enhanced Xbox One X support will be part of this update, complete with 4K at 60 frames-per-second and HDR support! We'll have more to share on these improvements in the near future.

December will also see the beginning of the next Rocket Pass with a new suite of items, along with another licensed premium DLC that will release around the same time. We will continue to watch, measure and update how Rocket Pass works and what rewards to offer moving forward, so please remember to tell us your thoughts on Reddit where you can continue to give us suggestions on what to improve!

Finally, we have one more in-game Event to look forward to this year! Starting in mid-December, Frosty Fest 2018 will operate just like our currently-happening Haunted Hallows Event; you'll earn Snowflakes for playing matches online and redeem it for holiday-themed items, including a "Golden Gift!" Stay tuned later this fall for Frosty Fest start and end dates.
--------------------------------------------

I guess they know it's a matter of time now given Son'y's announcement but haven't gotten official approval to go ahead with it. Hopefully soon.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Thank God it's not delayed again. My newly found 4K sensibilities have been absolutely devastated looking at 1080p Rocket League for almost a whole year. Almost ready for that next Rocket Pass too!

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
I admittedly haven't been following the news about RocketID fairly closely (I am much more concerned about X update), so I was bummed to read that the point of it is just to allow cross platform parties. What I thought/hoped it would be is something that created one account over multiple systems so that your progression and items could carry over from system to system, similar to a Fortnite account. It seems silly, but I don't really like playing on the Switch version because I don't have access to my items that I have on the Xbox.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
so tempted to get the rocket pass next season but I really need to see more changes, like stop forcing me to join a friend to get boost of XP, how about making those just general boosts?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn.

Mothership Pro Wheels:
Pl2Htom.jpg
Hi everyone! As some of you may know, an issue with the Mothership Pro Wheels -- an item exclusive to RLCS Season 5 World Championship attendees -- popped up with our Season 9 Update last month. A database error on our end resulted in the Wheels changing from 'Limited' rarity to 'Common,' and the Wheels were added to every Rocket League player's inventory.

Here's what we're doing in an upcoming hotfix to address the unintended change:

• We've decided to keep the Wheels in every player's inventory, but we're renaming the Wheels to just "Mothership." These Wheels will maintain their Common rarity designation
  • If you redeemed a Mothership Pro code on your account, you'll be getting a new white-colored Mothership Pro Wheel with Limited rarity status
    • Code holders will also keep the Common Mothership Wheels
    • If you received a code from attending the RLCS Season 5 World Championship, but have not redeemed it yet, the code will now unlock this new white Mothership Pro in your inventory going forward
We plan on releasing this hotfix early next week and it will bring the flip/ dodge and UI bug fixes we released on Steam last month to all platforms. We appreciate everyone's patience as we worked on a solution for this and be sure to drop any related questions in the comments below. Thank you, all!

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've peaked. I just solo queue and have made it to champ II in 2s and 3s. Pretty sure this is where I belong. Gotta start hitting up free play and 1s to start building up some better mechanics I guess.

Been feeling really good lately though. My play has gotten so much better this last month. Haven't been forcing it like a lot of peeps in here so it's been fun. I wish we had challenges with this pass. Add a casual mode with them to give us bonus xp and mess around. Will never happen.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally that Xbox One X update is coming. Also I'm at level 69 with the pass, I'll definitely get to the end of it at this point. The double XP weekend helped too.

EDIT: Also, last night I finally got the message when booting the game that someone I reported has been taken action against. In the years I've played I've never seen this, and I reported a lot of trashtalkers, toxic players, AFK hoarders, etc. throughout the time. Hundreds, surely. Feels like not a lot of people use the report feature if this is the first time someone (don't know who) got any consequence.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I think I've gotten the "action taken" message at least 20 times. And I suppose I ate 2-3 bans myself. But a ban k/d of like 10 ain't half bad.