• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but that comes with experience. It's not fair to dismiss a player's thoughts just because he hasn't reached some nebulous baseline skill level at which his complaints suddenly become valid.

Also, based on some of the teammates I've had recently, I might contest your observation re Diamonds. :)
I mean I think your average top 100 can barely function in a pro lobby but that doesn't mean they don't understand rl on paper probably :P

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that the level recalculation was definitely screwed up. Since it went live I've already done 100+ levels, whereas in the 600-700 hours prior to the patch I was only placed at level 147 or so. The new progression system is really soooo much better, it really feels like you're always pushing towards something, be that a cool unlock in the pass or a regular level up item.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that the level recalculation was definitely screwed up. Since it went live I've already done 100+ levels, whereas in the 600-700 hours prior to the patch I was only placed at level 147 or so. The new progression system is really soooo much better, it really feels like you're always pushing towards something, be that a cool unlock in the pass or a regular level up item.

which patch are you talking about?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
they re worked the entire XP/progression system a while back.

it's great now. this is the only game I buy Keys for too since it supports the esports league

Yeah but when? Iw was playing a month ago, still feltlikeprogression took awhile. I'm pretty curious what changes they are going to make to the next rocket pass if any at all.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

What items are in regular level ups? do tey have a list for that? could it be anything, really?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What items are in regular level ups? do tey have a list for that? could it be anything, really?

Same old. Uncommons, non-crate rares and so on. But since you can level up a lot faster with the pass, the club bonus and the weekly wins, it means I earned 100+ items since the Rocket Pass dropped, plus of course everything I gained from the pass itself, the Halloween event, etc.. Feels definitely better playing nowadays, there is an almost constant presence of rewards.

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone knows what's going on in the RL trading community now?
My son's birthday is coming up, he's obsessed with RL (he's currently C1) and since there's no merchandise available here he asked me to get him some items (he's turning 11).
I hadn't been on the trading trackers for quite a while, but I went today and got hit three times in a row with people asking to "vote for them" on some sketchy sites I didn't even bother opening.
A quick Google search seems to confirm it's some kind of scam...

Does anyone know a place that's free from that crap?
Alternately, if you have a spare Solar Flare, 20XX, Wet Paint or Mainframe (non-painted) for a decent price, don't hesitate to hit me up!

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows what's going on in the RL trading community now?
My son's birthday is coming up, he's obsessed with RL (he's currently C1) and since there's no merchandise available here he asked me to get him some items (he's turning 11).
I hadn't been on the trading trackers for quite a while, but I went today and got hit three times in a row with people asking to "vote for them" on some sketchy sites I didn't even bother opening.
A quick Google search seems to confirm it's some kind of scam...

Does anyone know a place that's free from that crap?
Alternately, if you have a spare Solar Flare, 20XX, Wet Paint or Mainframe (non-painted) for a decent price, don't hesitate to hit me up!

this site is one of the safer options

https://rocket-league.com/trading

that said, always double check each trade item and don't accept any links.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Jesus North America is trashing it up at RLCS. Nice to see new teams making a name for themselves though. Rocket League seems to be the little esport that could.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I missed out on the ghost banner from the Halloween event. Got sidetracked and ended up 10 short

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is a mess today (on Xbox). Played a few hours and had 4 crashes and 2 freezes. Two of the crashes even during ranked matches with consequent matchmaking bans. The hell is going on?

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I love Rumble. But man Rumble is no longer fun for me. WIth the ranking added I'm always worried about my ranking going up or down. It used to be so fun. But now it's basically "can I get out of Platinum?"

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Rumble. But man Rumble is no longer fun for me. WIth the ranking added I'm always worried about my ranking going up or down. It used to be so fun. But now it's basically "can I get out of Platinum?"

That, and they seem to have relegated these modes to horrible servers. Power ups activating late, a lot of "lag corrected" hits, cars turning into place after a goal replay for a split second (again, doesn't happen in 2v2 or 3v3)... moving them to ranked was really not ideal by any means.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
That, and they seem to have relegated these modes to horrible servers. Power ups activating late, a lot of "lag corrected" hits, cars turning into place after a goal replay for a split second (again, doesn't happen in 2v2 or 3v3)... moving them to ranked was really not ideal by any means.
Yep. Im seeing those lag corrected moves happen to me. I've had a bunch of saves not happen to me because I thought I had plunger on it and it made the suction noise. And then the goal scores and the replay shows it happening after. Also do the ranks fluctuate that much? Ill lose one match and get demoted a division. But I have to win like 3 in a row to go up a division now.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I'm an idiot. I started playing the game again and decided to spend more time with it. After two days I fell in love again and blindly bought the Rocket Pass yesterday. Well shit, it ends in two weeks. I'm mad at myself because I usually research that stuff. Guess that's what I deserve for not paying attention.

Still, I improved a lot and scored some bonkers goals, it's so much fun.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm an idiot. I started playing the game again and decided to spend more time with it. After two days I fell in love again and blindly bought the Rocket Pass yesterday. Well shit, it ends in two weeks. I'm mad at myself because I usually research that stuff. Guess that's what I deserve for not paying attention.

Still, I improved a lot and scored some bonkers goals, it's so much fun.

No chance for a refund?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might consider the rocket pass next season pass.

All in all I say it's worth it, at least once. You can win the 10 keys you need to get the next pass if you play enough, which isn't exactly a crazy amount: only getting the 14 win bonuses per week already nets you like 6-7 levels per week, throw in the fact you will be losing matches, the XP bonuses from the pass as well and such and getting to level 80 without playing more than a few hours per week on average is actually very easy, especially if they have a double XP weekend like they had this season. I'll admit I played quite some but I'm surprised at how relatively little effort it took me to reach beyond level 110 (the one featuring the last key) with still a couple weeks to go - compare it to Fortnite where glitches or tier buying aside, chances are you'll reach level 100 near the end of the season even if you play several hours per day considering the limited amount of XP you get. If you play with someone on your team and have the pass fairly high up, you can level up in like 2-3 matches basically with the daily wins, which is fair. Unless they decide to screw up the system for the next season, I'm definitely in for another round myself. Out of all passes I've seen so far this is the easiest one to progress in, and it's not tied to performance (besides wins) or odd strategies at all, which I like.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
All in all I say it's worth it, at least once. You can win the 10 keys you need to get the next pass if you play enough, which isn't exactly a crazy amount: only getting the 14 win bonuses per week already nets you like 6-7 levels per week, throw in the fact you will be losing matches, the XP bonuses from the pass as well and such and getting to level 80 without playing more than a few hours per week on average is actually very easy, especially if they have a double XP weekend like they had this season. I'll admit I played quite some but I'm surprised at how relatively little effort it took me to reach beyond level 110 (the one featuring the last key) with still a couple weeks to go - compare it to Fortnite where glitches or tier buying aside, chances are you'll reach level 100 near the end of the season even if you play several hours per day considering the limited amount of XP you get. If you play with someone on your team and have the pass fairly high up, you can level up in like 2-3 matches basically with the daily wins, which is fair. Unless they decide to screw up the system for the next season, I'm definitely in for another round myself. Out of all passes I've seen so far this is the easiest one to progress in, and it's not tied to performance (besides wins) or odd strategies at all, which I like.

I know I'll be using those decryptors on crates I have haha

I actually can't believe how much easier it is to level up in this than it is in the BO4 supply stream.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'll be using those decryptors on crates I have haha

I actually can't believe how much easier it is to level up in this than it is in the BO4 supply stream.

I think you get like 10-11 keys plus 3-4 decrpytors, which means you can open crates and also have enough actual keys for the next pass. Given how the game showers you with crates nowadays you can exchange some of those for keys, as well, and there you go.

And yeah, BO4's supply stream is weird as fuck. I bought the most expensive edition of BO4, the one with the COD points, but I'm honestly unsure whether I should spend them now or what. The current system is weird as shit, I kinda expect them to change things and add more good-looking stuff so I think I'll wait for now.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I'm like level 110 without purchasing any tiers. Doesn't even feel like I've been playing it a ton either though I'm sure it's a lot relative to others. AC Odyssey has taken up a lot of my time. There weren't a ton of items I liked in the pass, but it absolutely made playing the game more enjoyable. I'll keep buying rocket pass as long as they make it worth it.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like level 110 without purchasing any tiers. Doesn't even feel like I've been playing it a ton either though I'm sure it's a lot relative to others. AC Odyssey has taken up a lot of my time. There weren't a ton of items I liked in the pass, but it absolutely made playing the game more enjoyable. I'll keep buying rocket pass as long as they make it worth it.

Yeah, I played a fair amount but not quite an obscene amount, I got to level 80 so easily, it's almost shocking really. When you have 110% bonus XP because you play with club member, 200% XP bonus because you won the match, the bonus XP for the win, the goals, the consecutive matches and maybe some overtime, you only need just over 2 matches to gain a level, which makes it ridiculously easy to go up, and encourages to play just another round or two since I'm so close to levelling up again now am I? Getting a random item on top of the pass items every level also means that I earned about 113 (!) random items since the pass launched, a pace that far exceeds the previous unlock rates with or without buying the pass. I've got so much excellent painted stuff nowadays. Honestly, the game's progress has never felt better, even when you lose 5-0 it feels fine because you make meaningful progress towards your next unlocks, which in the worst case scenario are upgrade/trade fodders towards a better item. It's pushing me to play more, but it doesn't quite feel as obsessive as Fortnite, where you gotta log on frequently and work on very specific challenges regularly to have a chance to get a decent amount of unlocks (not to mention, Fortnite's pass is also full of shitty useless sprays and emoji-style emotes, whereas nearly everything in the Rocket Pass feels useful or interesting). The Rocket Pass is excellent as is, and if the next pass will be similar, I will no doubt buy it.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I think you get like 10-11 keys plus 3-4 decrpytors, which means you can open crates and also have enough actual keys for the next pass. Given how the game showers you with crates nowadays you can exchange some of those for keys, as well, and there you go.

And yeah, BO4's supply stream is weird as fuck. I bought the most expensive edition of BO4, the one with the COD points, but I'm honestly unsure whether I should spend them now or what. The current system is weird as shit, I kinda expect them to change things and add more good-looking stuff so I think I'll wait for now.

Yeah, actually, I'd love to exchange crates for keys. What's the best place for this? I'm on Xbox though.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, actually, I'd love to exchange crates for keys. What's the best place for this? I'm on Xbox though.

People often mention https://rocket-league.com/trading

Personally, I never tried it. I currently have over 100 crates from like a dozen different types, including some very limited ones like the Halloween ones from last year. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to exchange them.

This is also a stealth trade offer if anyone wants crates, I have many types :P

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I am looking for specific crates. I think Velocity and victory types. Also I rarely ever show people the good shit when I'm trading. They always want to fleece you. Especially when you break out the good shit. Like I'm not going to trade my Apex wheels for some crates lol.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Holy shit, no posts in this thread for a week? Anyways, isn't double xp starting today?

Edit, nvm, it's Wednesday.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am waiting to play until Wednesday, keeping my wins queued up. Played a decent amount last weekend too and I am already at level 120. Game is really fun right now with the new progression system. Too bad there is a lot of crashes and freezes nowadays.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I am waiting to play until Wednesday, keeping my wins queued up. Played a decent amount last weekend too and I am already at level 120. Game is really fun right now with the new progression system. Too bad there is a lot of crashes and freezes nowadays.

I was just coming to this threads to ask about this!

So, if I want to maximize experience, I shouldn't play for a few days, so I have some Weekly Win bonuses stored up for 2x EXP weekend?