• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just coming to this threads to ask about this!

So, if I want to maximize experience, I shouldn't play for a few days, so I have some Weekly Win bonuses stored up for 2x EXP weekend?

Pretty much. While I think the +2500XP doesn't get doubled, only the regular XPs and item drops, you still level up faster if you use it on a 10k XP match than a 5k XP one, and of course the item rate will also be better. The way it currently works is that you can have a total of 14 XP bonuses for wins per week, and they're given to you 2 by 2 on a weekly basis. Logging on Wednesday should mean you already have 6 wins queued up you can use, which with the double XP can be like 3-4 levels already. I have a lot of other games to play right now and shows to catch up with so I'm fine not playing until the double XP drops, but I'll make the best out of it. I still hope to pick up certain colours of the pass items in particular.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Looking to play this weekend for the double XP, I might be getting the next Rocket Pass for sure.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we're getting even more weekly win bonuses? Good, if they don't nerf the progression in general that sounds even easier to get to the end of the pass. Also, very happy about the X patch - took their time, though to be fair Rocket League looks good enough as is. Still, I play mostly 4K games nowadays so I'm curious to see how it'll look now.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Double XP today? Sweet, will probably put a good amount of time into this. Rocket pass ends the 26th right? I wonder when they'll start the new rocket pass and if we are getting any info soon.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Took me long enough even though I was at 75 before the xp update. Don't play as much as I used to but here it is.
EdiblePertinentAngora.webp

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Made some decent progress thanks to the double xp combined with xp boosts from the rocket pass. Will try to sneak in as many games as I can till the weekend.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earning all kinds of cool painted items with the double item rate, got myself a nice red macaron which could come in handy for Christmas season with the other red and white candy items.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
woo i scored a Dissolver from the first player crate i opened. i'm done opening crates now.

its really pretty, like one of those winamp visualizers

dred

Oct 27, 2017
If any of you guys are interested in playing in a competitive 3v3 league you should check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag..._championship_pcps4_league_open_to_all_skill/

I've been in the league since the beginning and every season has been great. I've met a lot of cool people and improved quite a bit since joining. The league is broken into different skill divisions so there's a good spot for everyone who's platinum-ish and above. If any of you guys have any questions about it I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you guys are interested in playing in a competitive 3v3 league you should check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag..._championship_pcps4_league_open_to_all_skill/

I've been in the league since the beginning and every season has been great. I've met a lot of cool people and improved quite a bit since joining. The league is broken into different skill divisions so there's a good spot for everyone who's platinum-ish and above. If any of you guys have any questions about it I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Just a quick question because it's been bothering me for a few days as I've been grinding a lot recently- how do people in diamond hit the ball in the air really fast? They always seem to beat me when I aerial no matter how quickly I fly for the ball. They also don't flip into it, which is weird, because doesn't that make their shot slower? Thanks for the help in advance!

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick question because it's been bothering me for a few days as I've been grinding a lot recently- how do people in diamond hit the ball in the air really fast? They always seem to beat me when I aerial no matter how quickly I fly for the ball. They also don't flip into it, which is weird, because doesn't that make their shot slower? Thanks for the help in advance!
because the more toxic you are the slower your aerials are

Deleted member 2152

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the Breakout Type S body? I don't do any trading or even crates with this game but I really dig that car considering I exclusively play Breakout so I'd like it. I'll trade/buy it from you lol

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Man, playing without the XP boosts feels so weird, suddenly it takes a while to level up again.
Yeah...

I actually feel I may be done with RL. No one to play with given my sporadic free time.

I'll play if a friend or something offers, but as a solo thing it has been the loneliest 900hrs of my life.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...

I actually feel I may be done with RL. No one to play with given my sporadic free time.

I'll play if a friend or something offers, but as a solo thing it has been the loneliest 900hrs of my life.

Don't you dare.

I see you on all the time when I'm on. Feel free to send me an invite. I've played 99% solo so I feel ya but you can't abandon me :c

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty I have actually been getting a little bored with the game lately. I still play but usually only a match or two before swapping to something else. I do feel like the level of competition these days makes it much harder, but maybe that's my climbing ranks too. The thing is that usually hasn't made me get bored of the game.

I saw an interesting video last night though, from sunlesskhan I think. They modded in actual curve shots! I'd be really interested in a new mode like that or something at this point.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In all honesty I have actually been getting a little bored with the game lately. I still play but usually only a match or two before swapping to something else. I do feel like the level of competition these days makes it much harder, but maybe that's my climbing ranks too. The thing is that usually hasn't made me get bored of the game.

I saw an interesting video last night though, from sunlesskhan I think. They modded in actual curve shots! I'd be really interested in a new mode like that or something at this point.

Same and I have no motivation to find a team to get my rank up to so I'm getting bored quick.

2v2 is still ok.

Oct 27, 2017
I go through those spurts but I always come back. Might be hitting one now. I'm at a point where I've hit a ceiling. I still have a bunch to learn but dont know if I have the time to learn it. I still need to get good at flicks, wall shots, backboard and upside-down shots and all that but that's another 200 hours.

I'm at champ 1, carried 2 lol. But just can't see myself getting higher without a huge investment.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Lately Destiny 2 has got my attention but I always come back to Rocket League. It's the only game I can jump in to when spacing out and still have a blast. I also love making new car builds and using them. I'll probably play this game forever.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally we're getting X enhancement later today, feels crazy we knew about it for over a year and it still didn't happen. Hopefully they also drop... something, soon enough, the seasonal events and the pass make progressing through levels a lot more fun, but now eithout either one of them it's much less exciting to play, especially considering that this late into the season I usually pretty much peaked on my ranking anyways. They definitely should take cues from other games and make sure some sort of event runs at all times.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I've got to try the enhancement update, I am excited for frosty if I have time for it. I got sucked back into Destiny lol

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Any reason only the Xbox One X got the HDR on/off comparison tool? Aren't all the consoles except the original One HDR compatible?

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Finally got 1 month and I will be traveling o australia I miss having 20-30 ping jeez 100 ping suck ass and always heavy car bug for some reason.

Cant wait to experience real rocket league again :))))

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Any reason only the Xbox One X got the HDR on/off comparison tool? Aren't all the consoles except the original One HDR compatible?

Yeah, I have a PS4 Pro and I'm really hoping that this game gets HDR support for our console as well. I've heard that HDR support doesn't really tax the system hardware at all, so if that's true I hope that it's coming down the pipeline.