• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks amazing on the X1X now, awesome.
Comparison:
Rocket League

Before:
img_0f31cf78-8fbc-48453fbi.png

After:
img_0c86cca0-2a85-43403ekt.png

They changed some visuals of the maps, too. The clock is bigger.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Played a bit with the new patch last night, looks great, nice and clean. Not the most obvious game for appreciating the increase in resolution due to the small scale but like most sports games the little details really pop now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking this new update. The game looks lovely now, the colours shine like never before on X and a lot of visual enhancements are immediately noticeable. The new songs are pretty nice. Also like the new scoring system, seems to reward passes and non-passive plays in general which is good. More weekly win bonuses are good to have, too. The new Pass sounds excellent: longer, no more certifieid but only coloured variants plus epic versions of items, and apparently a bigger XP boost from the get go? Now it will truly be easy to reach the high levels, which is excellent for when you have little time but it could get a little stale for the end of the pass when you received like 40 coloured items already. Either way the game is an excellent spot right now, kudos to Psyonix for keeping the game alive and kicking.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
The One X patch looks fantastic, but for now I've had to lower the paper white from 250 to 170, as it was a bit too bright for me before. Driving through boost globes was the main thing straining my eyes a bit. I'm sure I'll keep tinkering with the settings and find a place to keep them that looks good but isn't too bright for longer sessions.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Man the recent patch seems to have completely fucked my installation of this game on my PC. The game just seems to be completely unresponsive in the title screen. The music plays okay but I keep getting a white screen flashing on and off. Task manager says the game is running but I'm getting nothing. Anyone else having issues? I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The update is amazing, I think I might actually get the rocket pass. There are times when I don't want to get the rocket pass because then I am playing the game forcefully just to upgrade tiers but this may be doable with some efforts, not total effort.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The update is amazing, I think I might actually get the rocket pass. There are times when I don't want to get the rocket pass because then I am playing the game forcefully just to upgrade tiers but this may be doable with some efforts, not total effort.
Between them increasing the XP you get and also extending the time for this Rocket Pass it should be easier for everyone to make some serious progress or max it out.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
Update for the X makes the game look great, but without V-SYNC on, I do notice some screen tearing and stutters :(

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This pass seems to be generally stronger than the previous one, less useless items and a lot of cool animated wheels and such. With faster progression this will be a fun season.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know I said I wasn't getting another pass... But this one looks better. Engine sounds on the new car are a must have for me too. Plus the extended length helps.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The Special edition wheels and the animated decals in the new Pass look like some of the best items they've ever done.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bit and bought it. I had 5 keys already in my inv to I figured why not. I'll easily finish by March I'd say.

It's probably worth it if you play a lot. You get your 10 keys back for the next pass, a couple decryptors, and tons of cool items overall. It's also FAR easier to finish the pass than, say, Fortnite, so there's that.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Played a bit yesterday, progressed 5 levels. It's nice that there is a steady stream of items. I'm still chasing an item that I received very early on PC, but then I switched to PS4 only and wasn't able to get it yet despite playing the game a lot.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they nerfed the boosted xp again. I gained 8 levels yesterday and I've struggled gaining 3 today. Yesterday a win was netting me almost half a bar but its back to down maybe less than a fifth of a bar again.

There'll still be plenty of time to get the items but it does feel like a bit of a slow grind again.

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they nerfed the boosted xp again. I gained 8 levels yesterday and I've struggled gaining 3 today. Yesterday a win was netting me almost half a bar but its back to down maybe less than a fifth of a bar again.

There'll still be plenty of time to get the items but it does feel like a bit of a slow grind again.

You probably ran out of weekly win bonuses. Even at its most boosted, a win without the win bonus should only net you like 2500 - 3000 xp.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
I bought the first rocket pass and I made it to about level 45 since I don't have too much time to play and I split my time with other games. I haven't read up much on the progression changes, but would this mean I have better odds of getting further this time around? Granted I play about the same amount?

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0kp7x9DLUo

Starting on December 17, we're spreading holiday cheer in Rocket League! Earn 'Snowflakes' for playing Online Matches and redeem them for new customization items like the 'Winter Storm' Trail, 'Holiday Hearth' Wheels, 'Peppermint Powerhouse' Title and more! Also redeem Snowflakes for up to ten 'Golden Gifts,' each containing an item from the 'Nitro,' 'Turbo,' 'Overdrive,' or 'Secret Santa' Crates. Frosty Fest ends January 7, and you'll have three days -- until January 10 -- to redeem any of your remaining Snowflakes.

Check out the trailer up top, some of the Frosty Fest items below and be sure to let us know what you think of Frosty Fest on Reddit, Discord, Twitter and Instagram. Happy Holidays, everyone!

• Start Time: December 17, 10 AM PST (1 PM EST, 6 PM UTC)
  • End Time: January 7, 2 PM PST (5 PM EST, 10 PM UTC)
  • Redeem Snowflakes by: January 10, 2 PM PST (5 PM EST, 10 PM UTC)

Oct 26, 2017
forcing 50s is braindead https://streamable.com/l8f6w

https://streamable.com/1761v where is this replay i lost it
edit: nvm found it and threw my goals for the past while together

bad video game!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzatr_LideU

these get exponentially more ridiculous every time I do this lol
Not sure what's more disturbing, how much better you are than me at a video game I've poured over a thousand hours into, or the anime soundtracks.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This player base is getting so much worse the higher I'm getting in ranks. It was fine around platinum to diamond but reaching into the purples feels like I'm surrounded by a bunch of angsty kids. It's like challenger ranks all over again. Actually making me feel too old for the game lol.

Kinda jealous of you US guys tbh since last night I tried jumping to US East and it wasnt half as bad but the EU servers are pure whining about every last little thing or bumping your own teammate for one mistake. Even taking it to player match its clear my MMR is higher than it used to be now and I just want to chill and play for fun.

Why the MMR is putting me here I'm not even sure. I lose like 9/10 matches in player match but the MMR is taking forever to actually adjust to it. Gonna keep sticking to player match and hope I drop down again I guess but it's honestly frustrating to be stomped almost every match with my only respite being ranked.

I know it's probably not that big a deal but after many hours I've finally entered Diamond Rank for the first time, even made it to div. 3 but fell back to div. 1 after some seriously questionable teammates literally not using boost.

Xbox btw.
Ive only managed to party up once with strangera on my road to diamond and managed a nice win streak.

It's still an impressive feat for yourself though. Try not to compare too much to what you see in this thread, we have flarez and pepiope who are gonna be playing at a super high level. I still feel like I play like crap at champ ranks. Just enjoy the extra rewards and congrats!

Last edited:

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I know it's probably not that big a deal but after many hours I've finally entered Diamond Rank for the first time, even made it to div. 3 but fell back to div. 1 after some seriously questionable teammates literally not using boost.

Xbox btw.
Ive only managed to party up once with strangera on my road to diamond and managed a nice win streak.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what's more disturbing, how much better you are than me at a video game I've poured over a thousand hours into, or the anime soundtracks.
I mean I literally got an offer to team with 2 current pros, lol. I'm considered p good for my 3kish. Don't feel bad, theres people with 8000 hours who are literal trash compared to you <3

Wait
You insulted my music choice
Gr

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
hating on someone's music taste? shit post.
bless u

(also pep doesn't play anymore :( gcs just kinda dead xd)

you complain about skill gap in diamond

would you believe me if I said that 2 pros playing 3s would rather not have a soloqueue 3rd because theyre usually so rotationally unsound they're in their way more than useful if they're fast?

Oct 26, 2017
hating on someone's music taste? shit post.
Hey, I dressed it up with a compliment. And thumbs upped his video. And since I still only see one thumbs up on the video clearly you didn't give a thumbs up... so who's the real monster here?

I mean I literally got an offer to team with 2 current pros, lol. I'm considered p good for my 3kish. Don't feel bad, theres people with 8000 hours who are literal trash compared to you <3
8,000 would be like 7 hours a day since launch. It's such a small sample of people that I seriously doubt a single one is worse than me even if some of them have little to no concept of teamwork.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the pass, but guarantee I won't finish it because I'm always trying to figure out what games to play like BO4, forza, this game lol

dred

Oct 27, 2017
bless u

(also pep doesn't play anymore :( gcs just kinda dead xd)

you complain about skill gap in diamond

would you believe me if I said that 2 pros playing 3s would rather not have a soloqueue 3rd because theyre usually so rotationally unsound they're in their way more than useful if they're fast?
Well yeah just look at the MMR spread in GC, it's nuts. The difference between high and low GC is bigger than ever, or at least the biggest it's been since S3.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, definitely. GC seems too easy to get now, mostly since I got it lol.
ye honestly the only reason I'm low is because I only play when ronin asks me to and lolno we arent ranking up bc dicking about memetier

then we tryhard end of season and literally 1500->1900 in 3hr, it's pretty fucking bad nowadays. 3s is even worse skill vs rank.

Last edited: