• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I didn't realize how much the 400+ levels I did last season burnt me off a little. Between the late Apex pass grind and the new releases, I barely even touched the game since the pass dropped, I'm not even sure I reached level 2 on it yet. I'll definitely have to get back on it.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I tried playing last night. Challenges make it interesting but I've kind of lost interest altogether

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
It's great. No annoying useless chats to distract while in game. If you mess up you laugh it off and think about what you did wrong to try to do it better next time instead of getting tilted from a random kid's comments.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
When I went to link my Twitch Prime to Rocket League via my Nintendo account to get this month's rewards, I get this error every single time
mZ90RZ5.png

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this thread has really slowed down. Well regardless, anyone know how to turn off that eye seering film grain they patched in today? I'm gonna have to wait until this event is over if that's gonna be on all the time.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this thread has really slowed down. Well regardless, anyone know how to turn off that eye seering film grain they patched in today? I'm gonna have to wait until this event is over if that's gonna be on all the time.

Yeah, not feeling the new pass at all. As much as I love RL, there's a part of me thats happy to move on, these endless games are doing me no favors.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not feeling the new pass at all. As much as I love RL, there's a part of me thats happy to move on, these endless games are doing me no favors.
My connection has been acting ever more choppy too. My ping wavers in single digits almost constantly for a year or so now while being fine elsewhere and it's starting to have much worse effects. Tbh I've been moving closer to just dropping it too. It's been years and I've had my fill for sure. I just need another game that will cover that pick up and play slot on PC that doesn't require much beyond 5 minutes to spare.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
The changes to Farmstead give the orange team an advantage. There is no way somebody tested this before release and didn't notice.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also fell off the game a little bit with my fiancé, but we'll have to try the new Halloween update tonight for sure. Last season we did like 400 levels so we kinda got out share of RL for a while probably unless something exciting happens sometime soon, but right now the game feels relatively stale and the pass is kinda nothing special atm.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I got lucky and go a Fennec from trading items and boy what a great looking and feeling car that is. I'm bouncing between it and Dominus now. I've also started actively practicing in free play and that has helped improved certain aspects of my game.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's how I feel. I've moved on too, but now APEX is about to grab me and that's endless too! Shoot.

Rocket League, Apex Legends and Fortnite begin their new events on the same fucking day. For people interested in these GAAS multiplayer games, they really do their best to avoid you from skipping town and play a single player title instead :\

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Rocket League, Apex Legends and Fortnite begin their new events on the same fucking day. For people interested in these GAAS multiplayer games, they really do their best to avoid you from skipping town and play a single player title instead :\

Lol pretty much. Lately I've been like thinking about just deleting every GaaS off my hard drive. I ain't got the time

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol pretty much. Lately I've been like thinking about just deleting every GaaS off my hard drive. I ain't got the time

It sucks because I am mainly interested in multiplayer games, and since they make sure the games launch with relatively limited content and instead put out new maps, weapons, skins, etc. on a regular basis, you are even further encouraged to play often, something I'd probably already do. I mean, let's look at the 3 games I mentioned: in the next 2-3 weeks, the game will be in a different state. It will feature things that were not present in the game and will not be present at a later time either (maybe with some changes). Play now and play enough to make sure you unlock the cool shit there is, or else you lose the chance to play this limited mode/ruleset/weapon/skin forever. It's certainly annoying that you have to play at specified times to get the most out of your progress, that's for sure.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is turning into the Uninstalled RL support group.

It remains my main go-to "play together" game with my fiancé, and not worrying much about the passes anymore certainly helps. It's easy enough to get a hundred levels or so in such a long season anyway so it seems likely that we'll be okay even if we only play like 2-3 times every 2 weeks or so.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Still my most played game. All the things that are annoying about it are easily ignored by me just playing casual while binging netflix and I do all my ranked matches in either rumble or snow day to get my rewards.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Nobody in my group plays it anymore. It's honestly pretty funny how stoked we all were for Cross-Platform play as our group had splintered a bit as some switched over to PC gaming from console gaming and now we don't even play it. I'm sure a few will come back in to the fold with time but the game is definitely in a weird spot for me. Apex gets more of my time but I definitely plan on finishing this pass like I have the last two.

This event isn't too exciting without a new mode, I'm also sick of Stranger Things, shit is attached to everything at this point.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought I was going to quit a few months back. I stopped playing in the league I was a member of and after that I had no commitments and felt burnt out from just playing. I took an entire month off at two different points, once during season 10 and once during season 11. The thing is, to me there is nothing else like Rocket League. I can leave it for awhile and play other games but in the back of my mind there is a hole that is never filled by anything else. I finally realized my best bet was to try and play a little more casually (not grinding so much ranked) and that's been working really well for me the past few weeks. I've hardly solo queued ranked at all this season and I'm still having a great time with the game.

The gameplay in RL is just unmatched by other competitive games, in my opinion. There is nothing else that comes close.

On another note, Scrub is doing YT videos now which has been entertaining (basically road to rank 1 in 1v1 stuff so far), and Johnny Boi just started a NA 1v1 league with 8 of the top NA players. Always plenty of stuff to keep me interested in the game.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny, I still play almost daily after all these years. But I uninstalled Apex Legends and now I've been playing RL for a couple hours a night now.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hell is up with Ranked right now? I go in Rumble. I lose the first match, my rank remains. I win the next match, I lose a rank. I win the next match so I go back where I was. I win another match and my rank stays the same. Then I lose a match and stay the same. Then I lose another match and lose 2 ranks. I lose another match and I lose yet another rank. Wtf?

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
The hell is up with Ranked right now? I go in Rumble. I lose the first match, my rank remains. I win the next match, I lose a rank. I win the next match so I go back where I was. I win another match and my rank stays the same. Then I lose a match and stay the same. Then I lose another match and lose 2 ranks. I lose another match and I lose yet another rank. Wtf?
Stop quitting before the game updates your rank locally so it doesn't correct it on a win.
Ie
1300 MMR->lose 2x, quit instantly (1277)
Win (1285)
enjoy the lowered icon

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got to check out Haunted Hollows and wow are there a lot of items to unlock for this event, which is great.

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well, but the more I looked at the items, the more I realized I wasn't fond of the majority of them. :(

Since I've uninstalled Apex Legends, I've started to play RL more and more each night, feels good to have taken a little break but back at it now.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I unlocked a few items so far, I think I've got everything I've wanted. I guess their contract pretty much states they keep the rights for stranger things items? Because I was thinking what happens if the contracct ends and we obtained items? These are digital items...

Oct 27, 2017
Having a hell of a time booting this game up on PS4 lately. It freezes on the logo screens and says I'm not signed in once it finally reaches the main menu. Anyway to sign in besides quitting out of the game?

Oct 27, 2017
This game DOES NOT like booting up consistently for me anymore. They have the Quick Play option I won't even trust because I'm never sure if I'm signed in with my rank or unranked because of the loading error. Annoying.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Epic Games won't ever change how easy-going this game's passes are. I barely played the game in the first half of the season, now I've been a bit more regular and I'm already like level 90. I've got all unique unlocks, now I'm just getting all the cool painted variants, 30 levels more or so and it's all keys back too. With how insanely timeconsuming some games can be (see Fortnite or Apex Legends) it's absolutely not a given that a game has such easy leveling.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Epic Games won't ever change how easy-going this game's passes are. I barely played the game in the first half of the season, now I've been a bit more regular and I'm already like level 90. I've got all unique unlocks, now I'm just getting all the cool painted variants, 30 levels more or so and it's all keys back too. With how insanely timeconsuming some games can be (see Fortnite or Apex Legends) it's absolutely not a given that a game has such easy leveling.

That's definitely nice. Is APEX really that long? It looked pretty short.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Blog
With Blueprints coming next month, it's time to get into specifics on what's coming to your Rocket League inventories on the day of the update. As last month's introductory blog announced, Blueprints are a new type of drop that show you exactly what item you can build. Check out the finer details of Blueprints and trades below!

REVEALED AND UNREVEALED BLUEPRINTS
After the update, you will have a chance to obtain revealed Blueprints following Online Matches. You can then build the item from the Blueprint by spending Credits, trade the Blueprint to another player, or keep it in your inventory.

As we mentioned in the first blog on Blueprints, Crates that you have in your inventory at the time of the update will be converted to Blueprints from the same series. Any Blueprints that you receive from this conversion will appear in your inventory as "unrevealed" Blueprints. You can reveal an unrevealed Blueprint at no cost to show what in-game item it can build. Once revealed, you can choose to create the item from that Blueprint for Credits. Only Blueprints that have been converted from Crates will be unrevealed.

PLAYER-TO-PLAYER TRADING
We know our community enjoys the freedom of trading items with other players. We're pleased to announce that items will still be tradable as they have been in the past, but with a few exceptions. Revealed Blueprints and items built from Blueprints will be tradable, as will free drops, and tradable items from your inventory prior to the Blueprint system. However, unrevealed Blueprints will not be tradable. Credits will be tradable, but with some caveats listed below.

Here's a quick reference guide on what is tradable and what isn't:

TRADABLE:
  • Revealed Blueprints
  • Items that have been built from Blueprints
  • Credits (As long as the other party in the trade does not include their own Credits)
  • Free Drops
  • Tradable legacy content acquired prior to the Blueprint system
  • Rocket Pass items from Pro Tiers
  • In-game event items
NOT TRADABLE:
  • Credits when traded for Credits
  • Credits when traded for nothing
  • Unrevealed Blueprints
  • Items purchased from the Item Shop
  • Bonus Gifts and Items received from Bonus Gifts (more on that below)
  • Esports Shop Items

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO DECRYPTORS?
Once Crates leave the game, Decryptors will no longer be offered. Decryptors from your inventory will be converted into "Bonus Gifts," which can be opened at no cost. Bonus Gifts will contain items from the Vindicator Crate series and first Blueprint Series, the "Revival" Series, that will bring back some fan-favorite items throughout Rocket League's history. We'll reveal everything in the Revival Blueprint Series closer to the update.

TRADE-INS
Following the update, only free items obtained via post-game drops will be eligible to trade in. Free Rocket Pass items will remain ineligible for trade ins.

We hope this sheds more light on the Blueprint system coming next month. Stay tuned later this month for a full reveal of the new Item Shop!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it seems like hoarded cases will have the unrevealed trait which means they can only be crafted with credits but not traded like blueprints that drop after the update. Kind of sucks but makes sense since some people have thousands of cases.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
That was the only solution that would keep trading prices stable I would think. I guess the sticking point here is how will prices to build blueprints of rare items compare to those items on trading exchanges? I don't really care what they price a titanium white octane at, but I can just imagine the press stories if they price them based on trading prices.

Either way I'll be glad to have the option to directly buy the item I want in a way that supports development and growth of the game rather than some trader's key stash.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get it. Am I paying for blueprints?

Ah you use real money to buy the blueprint. I guess that's fair. I think this
Makes sense