• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point where i'm getting the hang of high boost jumping/flying and it's exhilarating.

Feels like i unlocked a whole new level to this game.

yeah i realized i would be like way higher in tiers by now. Esp with the double xp weekends passed

Still a ton of time to make up for it hopefully.

There's still over a month left. You can easily get 10-15 levels easily each week by simply doing the weekly wins. The keys end at 110, so you're still probably good to go.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cross-progression = cross inventories?

Yeah, along with the same account levels, battle pass levels, and so on. Like Fortnite, I'd be fine if you weren't able to spend keys you bought on Xbox on the Switch instead or vice versa, but I'd like to play on the go with my Switch making progress towards my pass and level in that version. I bought Rocket League on Switch over a year ago but I barely ever play it, unless I'm really craving for some (offline, mostly) co-op with my fiancé and there is no Xbox in close proximity. The reason is that I have so much stuff on Xbox that I want to make progress with that it's too bad none of it carries over from Switch. It took Fortnite some time, too, but hopefully we get there eventually.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I was SO close to champions rank and just went on the worst losing streak dropping me to diamond 1. So much for the champions reward this season.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
in 2v2 why do so many people refuse to ff and then just go afk and get kicked instead? it's crazy how often this happens

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my 5th holo forge. I really hope to get all colours by the end of the pass because those wheels are the GOAT.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah they looked rough after their first game.

That tournament was terrible for me as it killed my productivity but Day 3 had some fantastic RL.

They arent top 32
Let alone 64 rn

Dunno wtf is up with them but theyre like rlrs

At least I got their best player off the team on mine 😎

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Look what ya'll made me do.

GaleGold.png

Oct 26, 2017
I finally realized that I don't know what I'm getting from the Rocket Pass because I skip over the end game notifications ASAP, and whenever I check the actual pass, the "Searching...." box in the corner covers up the names of the things.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, along with the same account levels, battle pass levels, and so on. Like Fortnite, I'd be fine if you weren't able to spend keys you bought on Xbox on the Switch instead or vice versa, but I'd like to play on the go with my Switch making progress towards my pass and level in that version. I bought Rocket League on Switch over a year ago but I barely ever play it, unless I'm really craving for some (offline, mostly) co-op with my fiancé and there is no Xbox in close proximity. The reason is that I have so much stuff on Xbox that I want to make progress with that it's too bad none of it carries over from Switch. It took Fortnite some time, too, but hopefully we get there eventually.

I'd love to have cross progression because I'd buy it for the Switch for sure!

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Is this game totally fucked for anyone else right now? I just tried to play a few matches online and it feels like the game is running at half its usual speed. I started a single-player offline match to make sure it wasn't my imagination and it was barely playable, the frame rate was all over the place and there was really bad screen-tearing.

I've never seen anything like this in Rocket League. Did a recent update break something?

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game totally fucked for anyone else right now? I just tried to play a few matches online and it feels like the game is running at half its usual speed. I started a single-player offline match to make sure it wasn't my imagination and it was barely playable, the frame rate was all over the place and there was really bad screen-tearing.

I've never seen anything like this in Rocket League. Did a recent update break something?
I dunno, but I just got banned because it looked like I got picked for two matches at the same time - it put me in one match and kicked me out, then straight into another that failed to start due to not enough players - then I got a 5 minute ban.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
After making the switch to PC this past month, I've got so many extra Rocket Pass items that I will never ever use on PS4. This includes goal celebrations, car bodies etc. Also got an absolute plethora of crates. If anyone wants any freebies let me know and I'll try and get on over the weekend.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I always forget this double xp may as well not apply to me. something like 10 straight losses unranked and ranked.

Fuck Rocket League. I just end up angry at the end of it.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget this double xp may as well not apply to me. something like 10 straight losses unranked and ranked.

Fuck Rocket League. I just end up angry at the end of it.
Play casual while watching movies. I lose most of my games but I get them done and still have some fun along the way. I've pretty come to the conclusion that I will never be dedicated enough to be consistently good at this game and what I haven't learned in 3k hours I probably won't unless I start training and playing sweaty with people better than me(two things that I don't really enjoy doing.) So I'm content at being a lifetime platinum player only doing enough ranked to get those rewards then having fun in casuals while watching stuff. Rocket league is the game I play when I really don't want to play games. The pass is only worth it if you enjoy playing the game. The most expensive thing in the pass is worth like 4 keys and everything else can be had for one or less. It's not worth the grind at all unless you were going to play anyway. Better off saving the keys next time.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Play casual while watching movies. I lose most of my games but I get them done and still have some fun along the way. I've pretty come to the conclusion that I will never be dedicated enough to be consistently good at this game and what I haven't learned in 3k hours I probably won't unless I start training and playing sweaty with people better than me(two things that I don't really enjoy doing.) So I'm content at being a lifetime platinum player only doing enough ranked to get those rewards then having fun in casuals while watching stuff. Rocket league is the game I play when I really don't want to play games. The pass is only worth it if you enjoy playing the game. The most expensive thing in the pass is worth like 4 keys and everything else can be had for one or less. It's not worth the grind at all unless you were going to play anyway. Better off saving the keys next time.
Yeah, I told myself that after the first pass, but the longer timeframe of this one and the dope items people were getting swayed me. Also led me to forget how fucking long it takes to get to just level 70, let alone to a place where i can get dope items. I forgot again that losing streaks don't make any of this shit go faster.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I told myself that after the first pass, but the longer timeframe of this one and the dope items people were getting swayed me. Also led me to forget how fucking long it takes to get to just level 70, let alone to a place where i can get dope items. I forgot again that losing streaks don't make any of this shit go faster.
For the ten keys it costs you can get pretty much anything you want easily. What did you like? I got a lot of painted stuff that is'nt even worth selling I'm willing to part with if there is anything you are particularly into.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
For the ten keys it costs you can get pretty much anything you want easily. What did you like? I got a lot of painted stuff that is'nt even worth selling I'm willing to part with if there is anything you are particularly into.
I'd have to look. Mainly get the passes to get the new car chassis.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to look. Mainly get the passes to get the new car chassis.
I have Orange, Burnt sienna, Cobalt and Pink. Choose anyone you want. I also have orange and purple Inverted Gripstrides a bunch of non inverted ones, Multiple colored madness 2, Plasmatic, Holographic and non holographic Rocket forge, boosts, goal explosions, painted tachyon trails. I can give you one of each if you let me know what colors you like and I have them.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I have Orange, Burnt sienna, Cobalt and Pink. Choose anyone you want. I also have orange and purple Inverted Gripstrides a bunch of non inverted ones, Multiple colored madness 2, Plasmatic, Holographic and non holographic Rocket forge, boosts, goal explosions, painted tachyon trails. I can give you one of each if you let me know what colors you like and I have them.
Jeeez. I'm a sucker for pink and orange. Let me youtube wtf those things even look like lol

cluto

Oct 25, 2017
You little Psyonix boys and girls better be working on a moon map and lunar rover car body in preparation for the 50 year anniversary of the moon landing. Otherwise: D I S A P P O I N T E D

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a match in the weekend, 2v2, result: 2-1 for us after almost 4 minutes of overtime. There were a total of 16 saves among the 4 players. The sweat.

It's been a good weekend overall, we won like 80%+ of our matches. I'm now at like 220 on the pass and 500 level overall. Good season, and I have a lot of great painted items. I kinda wanted more holos (got 5), but maybe I'll manage to get one or two, still.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Psyonix need a real solution to this inventory mess.

With so many variants, it makes more sense to list an item once, and then have a sub menu when you can browse your variants

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Posted earlier but dont think i ever received an invite. Getting back into RL this time on PC... would anyone be able to hit me up with the Discord invite? Link in OP is invalid.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
IDK, you tell me lol! I mean RocketERA's still a thing, right? How else would you all group, communicate and play together? Or is that the joke... nobody plays together?

Rocket League has been a thing since 2015, its pretty normal at this point for the community to ebb down. A lot of us still play, but there's no collective effort or anything. If you're looking for someone to play with, just do a shoutout here.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Rocket League has been a thing since 2015, its pretty normal at this point for the community to ebb down. A lot of us still play, but there's no collective effort or anything. If you're looking for someone to play with, just do a shoutout here.
Gotcha that's what i was after - an active community. Thanks for the info though! I rarely use forms anymore since Discord took over but i'll try to remember to jump back here to group every now and then.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a fun pass, think I got to like level 225 and got a dozen or so limited wheels from it. 1000% worth it since I already play the game plenty, though I did drop off near the end as I was already done with most of the pass and Apex Legends stole my free time. As I see more and more games have battle passes, it becomes even more apparent how fair Rocket League's system is. Leveling up is fast and fun, there's tons of great items to unlock with not as much filler as other passes I know, and there's excellent rewards for sticking around past the highest unlock. And with the daily wins you're able to accumulate for a week which grant you like 10-15 levels from the get go, you're not even under pressure to log in every single day. Plus, of course, the fact the pass gives you back all your keys (and then some) means that for regular players like me, owning the pass is such a no-brainer, what with the holo wheels from this pass being some of the finest items ever made in this game.

Can't wait for the next pass.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, I never got any holo wheels, after getting 200+ levels! They're not too expensive on the market though, so no biggie.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DC0Phxn1Sc&feature=youtu.be zzzz

this
I've met with many people from neogaf/era RL. Hell, I even teamed with one shortly. It's not that rare, saw the original OT maker at LAN, was super fun to hang out with subpar and all of them!