• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring on the new pass! Got to level 225 on the last one, which is even more than I had on the first pass. Very satisfied with the content so far.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that worries me about this pass is the challenges.

The RL pass was great because you just played the game and took advantage of weekly wins. Those Fortnite challenges ruined the game for me. I basically just played to do some annoying challenges till I was sick of the game.

Hopefully it's nothing aggravating and more along the lines of getting us to play a match on a different playlist or something.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that worries me about this pass is the challenges.

The RL pass was great because you just played the game and took advantage of weekly wins. Those Fortnite challenges ruined the game for me. I basically just played to do some annoying challenges till I was sick of the game.

Hopefully it's nothing aggravating and more along the lines of getting us to play a match on a different playlist or something.

Yeah, hopefully it won't push people into playing in unnatural ways. A fixed amount of upside down goals or aerial goals would mean people would avoid doing easy goals and trying useless trickshots instead. Pushing them to do a certain amount of goals or saves in the same match would push them to save goals or cheese saves by intentionally allowing opponents to shoot. I really, really hope they'll never pull such challenges.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I finally made it to Champion stage on my own, sure it's on Rumble but still got there.
To be fair, some players at that level really must get carried, I face a team whose Champion level teammate only had 4 the whole game. How do you only have 4, even of I just stay as goalie the whole game I get more than that and yet he was Champion.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Website(has pictures of the items).

Blog

Weekly Challenges will go live on the first day of Rocket Pass 3, and will add a new way to climb Tiers. Specifically, Tiers are now gained with a new Rocket League reward system, known as "Tier Points." Tier Points are earned by completing Challenges but they're also earned by gaining XP after Online Matches, similar to how it worked in Rocket Pass 1 and 2.

How does it work together now? Well, in Rocket Pass 3, each Tier requires 10 Tier Points to advance to the next Tier. Challenges will be worth three, five, and eight Tier Points depending on the difficulty of the Challenge. In addition to the Tier Points you gain from completing Weekly Challenges, you can also Tier-Up from XP as mentioned above. Every time you gain an XP level, you'll receive 10 Tier Points.

Weekly Challenges must be completed during the week in which they are active. They will expire once new Challenges become active during the following week. Rocket Pass 3 will still track your progress for Premium Weekly Challenges even if you have not purchased Rocket Pass Premium, but you will only receive the Tier Points from Premium Challenges once Rocket Pass Premium has been purchased. If you purchase Rocket Pass Premium late into Rocket Pass 3, you will receive the Tier Points from completed Premium Challenges in expired weeks. However, you will not be able to complete uncompleted Challenges once they expire.

The Challenge list will refresh each Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. UTC) throughout Rocket Pass 3. Check out a sneak peek at the Challenge Menu and the Weekly Challenges from Week 1 in the screenshot below.
Rocket-League-Challenges-Week-1.jpg

ALL NEW ITEMS
Rocket Pass 3 will feature 20+ items in the Free track, and 50+ additional items in the Rocket Pass Premium Track, including the all-new Guardian Battle-Car. Plus, there are Decryptors to earn on the Free track and a total of 10 Keys in Rocket Pass Premium.

The Pro Tiers are back! Pro Tiers (i.e. past Tier 70) will grant Painted items from Rocket Pass 3, and will have a chance of being Certified or Special Edition. As always, rewards earned from the Pro Tiers in Rocket Pass 3 are tradable.

ROCKET PASS 3 AND CHALLENGES AT A GLANCE
If you prefer bullet points, here's the TL;DR version of Rocket Pass 3 and Weekly Challenges:

• Rocket Pass Premium for Rocket Pass 3 is the same price as previous Rocket Passes (10 Keys).
  • Rocket Pass 3 will have both Free and Premium Tiers, just like Rocket Pass 1 and 2.
  • Rocket Pass 3 will have Weekly Challenges for both Free and Premium tracks.
  • The Free track will have three Weekly Challenges and those with Rocket Pass Premium will get three additional Weekly Challenges.
  • Challenges expire each Wednesday at 10 a.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. UTC) during Rocket Pass 3, and new challenges will become active at that time.
  • Weekly Challenges must be completed within their active week.
  • You cannot go back and complete expired challenges once their week has passed.
  • If you purchase Rocket Pass Premium in a later week during the Rocket Pass 3, you will receive Tier Points for completed Challenges from previous weeks.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Blog

Weekly Challenges will go live on the first day of Rocket Pass 3, and will add a new way to climb Tiers. Specifically, Tiers are now gained with a new Rocket League reward system, known as "Tier Points." Tier Points are earned by completing Challenges but they're also earned by gaining XP after Online Matches, similar to how it worked in Rocket Pass 1 and 2.

How does it work together now? Well, in Rocket Pass 3, each Tier requires 10 Tier Points to advance to the next Tier. Challenges will be worth three, five, and eight Tier Points depending on the difficulty of the Challenge. In addition to the Tier Points you gain from completing Weekly Challenges, you can also Tier-Up from XP as mentioned above. Every time you gain an XP level, you'll receive 10 Tier Points.

Weekly Challenges must be completed during the week in which they are active. They will expire once new Challenges become active during the following week. Rocket Pass 3 will still track your progress for Premium Weekly Challenges even if you have not purchased Rocket Pass Premium, but you will only receive the Tier Points from Premium Challenges once Rocket Pass Premium has been purchased. If you purchase Rocket Pass Premium late into Rocket Pass 3, you will receive the Tier Points from completed Premium Challenges in expired weeks. However, you will not be able to complete uncompleted Challenges once they expire.

The Challenge list will refresh each Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. UTC) throughout Rocket Pass 3. Check out a sneak peek at the Challenge Menu and the Weekly Challenges from Week 1 in the screenshot below.

ALL NEW ITEMS
Rocket Pass 3 will feature 20+ items in the Free track, and 50+ additional items in the Rocket Pass Premium Track, including the all-new Guardian Battle-Car. Plus, there are Decryptors to earn on the Free track and a total of 10 Keys in Rocket Pass Premium.

The Pro Tiers are back! Pro Tiers (i.e. past Tier 70) will grant Painted items from Rocket Pass 3, and will have a chance of being Certified or Special Edition. As always, rewards earned from the Pro Tiers in Rocket Pass 3 are tradable.

If you prefer bullet points, here's the TL;DR version of Rocket Pass 3 and Weekly Challenges:

• Rocket Pass Premium for Rocket Pass 3 is the same price as previous Rocket Passes (10 Keys).
  • Rocket Pass 3 will have both Free and Premium Tiers, just like Rocket Pass 1 and 2.
  • The Free track will have three Weekly Challenges and those with Rocket Pass Premium will get three additional Weekly Challenges.
  • Challenges expire each Wednesday at 10 a.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. UTC) during Rocket Pass 3, and new challenges will become active at that time.
  • You cannot go back and complete expired challenges once their week has passed.
  • If you purchase Rocket Pass Premium in a later week during the Rocket Pass 3, you will receive Tier Points for completed Challenges from previous weeks.

super neat, looking forward to it

the progression for 2 was done much better

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
yeah that weekly challenge stuff doesn't really make me feel that great since they expire. shit

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the weekly challenges did not expire. I mean, I've realistically gotta try to get them done within a week hopefully they don't take too long.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The weekly challenges will just make the progress faster than ever, but they are far from mandatory like in Fortnite. Even with the 21 weekly wins per week (which is guaranteed to land you a couple of these challenges) you're almost certainly looking at level 150 at least on the pass.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017

Blog

ALL NEW ITEMS

Those examples of weekly challenges seem fine to me. Certainly those shown won't change the way anyone plays the game I don't think. Also lol at the 8 point challenge simply needing you to just spam the chat with certain messages!

Also am I understanding it right? I can choose not to buy the premium pass, but still complete the premium challenges and if at some point in the future I decide to buy the pass, I get all those points back? That's cool if I'm understanding it correctly.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has this been explained - I've gotten 21 out of 21 weekly wins in both singles & doubles, and didn't get anything for it. Is there a point to it tabulating how many wins you've gotten like that? Just curious.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Has this been explained - I've gotten 21 out of 21 weekly wins in both singles & doubles, and didn't get anything for it. Is there a point to it tabulating how many wins you've gotten like that? Just curious.
21 is the max stack you can have. You get three more every day. Every win gives you an XP bonus till those 21 are used up.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The new esports decals are static on both teams. Colors don't change at all. NRG is black and red on both sides.
5w56kjc1yos21.png

Last edited:

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just downloaded the update on Xbox and it seems like I have a ton of cars and items missing were things removed with this update

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I'm going to get this pass this season, we'll see. I barely game 5 hours a week these days and not sure if I want to spend it all on Rocket League.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not the worst but holy shit

I had to play c9 in 2s with both c9 decals on and my teammate was using splyce and im just like

?????????????????????????????????????????? wtf is going on here IM 50'ING RANDOM CARS
Lol yeah. It'll take some getting used to. I'm waiting on that Ghost Dominus decal. Finally an all black Dominus.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Need a list and pictures of the rocket league items in the pass. I guess since it's hard to find, I'll check it out later on my Xbox.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know how to turn off hdr in the ps4 version? This update has made it blindingly bright for some reason and it's too much.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The challenges are great, they don't force you to play in weird ways and allow you to level up a lot quicker. I'm already approaching level 10.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I watched a video on the items and yeah, I'll pass on the pass. Not interested in the items or the chase.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got Champ III. Surprising considering how trash I am and that I only play solo. I'm sure it's also due to system changes or people falling off the game but hey, it's something. I'll never hit GC but it's cool to be this close

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Pysonix, it's such small baby steps. I feel like every update to this rocket pass needs a little more tinkering.

They're already better than what we have in Apex Legends (nothing) or Fortnite (challenges that push people away from the actual objective of the game in favour of trivial shit). Plus the challenges aren't a way to make the pass bearable: the progression is already very fast as is, the challenges just make it even faster. I reached like level 225 last season without buying a single level or having challenges. If I play the exact same amount and way, using double XPs and such like last time, I'd get an extra 40-50 levels for my efforts. They could have slowed down progress to accomodate these challenges but they stayed player-friendly, in fact now you "have to" play even less than before to max out the pass. That's awesome tbh, and in constrast with what most other games are doing, pushing you towards playing dozens of hours every week to have a chance to reach a good level.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Played a few hours yesterday and already at Tier 5. The challenges were a nice edition, definitely seems like a great way to get people using different cars and playing different playlists. Looking forwards to racking up some SEs this season. Do we know what the SEs look like for this pass yet?

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Have they done something to the overall atmosphere when playing a game ?

I've played a few 2v2 and 3v3, there's very little audio volume aside from hearing extra echo on the ball colliding on the surface (or walls) and when smacking it with the car. I'm finding it very strange right now.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Have they done something to the overall atmosphere when playing a game ?

I've played a few 2v2 and 3v3, there's very little audio volume aside from hearing extra echo on the ball colliding on the surface (or walls) and when smacking it with the car. I'm finding it very strange right now.

you're definitely supposed to hear crowd cheers