• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
the challenges are kind of pointless

I like the challenges. They got me to try casual modes, and I found it kind of fun. Honestly wouldn't have left ranked play for casual mode without those challenges.

Also, the one encouraging team conversations ("Defending...", etc) are exactly what we need more of, so they encourage better play (even if barely).

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
75-85k
Friend was uninstalling

Gave them to primethunder on a long loan as a gift
HE STILL HAS MY (read: your old) WHITE OCTANE GR
To think there was a time I had a car worth over 300 keys lol. (white zombas 200+, white Octane 100+, White RLCS 40+ At the time)

Pretty much out of the trading game now but I do have my Black Dieci which keep going up(Nearly 50). When that ghost skin for dominus comes out I am set for life.
Rocket_League_Screenshot_2019.04.16_-_15.22.16.84.png

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Are the black cars just a pc thing? I'm confused because it's definitely not an option on ps4.

Also not sure how people can criticise the challenges yet when we've only seen the first set so far. There could be some really fun/interesting ones further down the line.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Are the black cars just a pc thing? I'm confused because it's definitely not an option on ps4.

Also not sure how people can criticise the challenges yet when we've only seen the first set so far. There could be some really fun/interesting ones further down the line.
They are coming later in the Eshop rotation. There is just a PC mod that's let us use whatever was added in the last update.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Do the 21 weekly wins reset on a different day/time to the challenges?
I'm confused because during the first week of the pass I maxed out my 21 wins, then noticed a few days later (perhaps at the weekend) that my tally had fallen to only 16/21.
So I made sure I won another 5 games to max it out again ready for the Wednesday reset, and now we're into week 2 of the pass and my tally has dropped down to 13/21?

How the hell does it work?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Personally wish they challenges were not on a weekly basis, but that mey just be me. I missed out on stuff last week because I got busy with work. It's really a shame these GaaS are more catered to those who have more time.

Oct 28, 2017
For the love of God, game. If my brother and I are getting absolutely dicked, and choose to forfeit the game rather than sit through a couple of more minutes of a good shafting, please please PLEASE don't match us up against the same fucking team!

Thank you.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Personally wish they challenges were not on a weekly basis, but that mey just be me. I missed out on stuff last week because I got busy with work. It's really a shame these GaaS are more catered to those who have more time.

this doesn't make much sense to me - if you're not playing that much, you're already accumulating bonus xp wins, what more do you need to speed up your progression? seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the extra challenges are just a way to make progress even faster. Most somewhat regular players easily got beyond level 120 in the first two passes, and that was without the challenges giving you an extra 3+ free levels per week.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
this doesn't make much sense to me - if you're not playing that much, you're already accumulating bonus xp wins, what more do you need to speed up your progression? seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

I barely put in a couple of hours this week. I lost out on the challenges this week.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Man these fan reward drop rates are taking the piss now. Tuned in for the whole thing yesterday and all of today's so far and NOTHING.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I played yesterday with a partner for a good 15 hour straight. We were stuck in c3 still ,but gosh I never had such a good time in so so long.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Man these fan reward drop rates are taking the piss now. Tuned in for the whole thing yesterday and all of today's so far and NOTHING.
I have about 10 hours watched between this and last weekend and only received Ballistic for about the 4th or 5th time. I wish it would just change to a drop based on hours watched, it's kinda shitty to complain about a free drop system but damn if it isn't annoying to see people getting multiple drops while getting maybe one for yourself.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This season me and my girlfriend are hooked, holy shit. I'm already level 64 in the pass in less than two weeks. It's gonna be quite a breeze this time around.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Epic news is worrying. Not because of Epic Store, but because Epic is known to kill any project that isn't their current biggest cashcow, and they turned Fortnite into an ever-growing MTX and grinding cycle, whereas in Rocket League the progression, passes, etc. are a lot tamer than Fortnite, where you gotta dedicate shittons of time to the game if you want to unlock things. I fear they might turn the game into something worse. Let's hope that won't be the case, because Psyonix, on the contrary, have been making the game much more player-friendly lately.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Epic deal should give Psyonix more stability and resources, and possibly this will allow the game to finally have cross-progression like in Fortnite.

But if they make the MTXs and the grinding horrible like in Fortnite or turn it into F2P, I'm unsure if I'll keep on playing the game.