• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question--I have both a Switch and PS4 for this game. I was thinking about having a buddy come over to play doubles on this game in ranked. I was going to play on my Switch while they used the PS4.

My question is--can they load their PSN account onto my PS4, and have their season ranked progress ported over? Or is that locked down at the account/system level?

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Quick question--I have both a Switch and PS4 for this game. I was thinking about having a buddy come over to play doubles on this game in ranked. I was going to play on my Switch while they used the PS4.

My question is--can they load their PSN account onto my PS4, and have their season ranked progress ported over? Or is that locked down at the account/system level?
I believe you'll be okay, but not 100% sure.
A buddy and his housemate used to play split-screen, each with their own accounts on one PS4.
When the housemate got his own PS4, he logged in and all his items, etc. were there at least. Would need to confirm about other progress.
If he has PS+ he could upload any save data to the cloud just in case? (Then download to the account he signs into on your PS4.)

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

As long as they have their save backed up in the cloud and downloads that to the new PS4, you should be fine.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing stuff, this summer will be quite something. Hyped about the game modes in particular, I hope they keep them for offline play once they roll out of the online rotation.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Psyonix always does the best trailers. Insane amount of content. I wonder if that sunset/night variant of Salty Shores will be playable?

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
That's like first time they actually recognize octane in their trailers ? Did they finally accept their destiny? 😄

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome trailer, I would buy all of those items that we've witnessed there. Too bad we'll have to grind during the limited time for those though.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Their trailers aren't getting much views anymote sadly. It use to be at least 600k views :(.

Also it seems like epic money is already paying off. High production trailer for sure compared of what we use to get.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
giphy.gif

Btw, why doesn't someone change the OT title? We do play together now :)

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain what happened to the servers in this game? I couldn't say exactly say when it started, but for quite a while now the game has been taking much longer to find matches, has much more frequent connection issues in matches and connection dropouts seem to be at an all time high.

I'm seeing lots of other players complaining about it in matches too.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain what happened to the servers in this game? I couldn't say exactly say when it started, but for quite a while now the game has been taking much longer to find matches, has much more frequent connection issues in matches and connection dropouts seem to be at an all time high.

That Epic money already paying off (see what i did there)

but seriously, i've noticed the same - no dropouts, but connections seem to oscillate wildly between okay to weird lag spikes.

Jul 18, 2018

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with new summer update? Maybe they are messing with server side stuff or allocating servers for the event etc. It's only a few days from now and I got these problems about day before the steam update went live

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So we're getting the KITT and Ecto 1, but where the fuck is the Drag-U-La from Munsters? These WB property packs seem to go together, BttF seperate. Burnout Paradise got KITT Ecto1 and Time Machine and now RL is getting the same.

Planet Coaster just got Ghostbusters content pack after already having BttF and Knight Rider... But also Munsters pack with pieces for the Drag-U-La. So, Psyonix.... when?

also, when is Bttf trail for other cars like we were promised over 3 years ago?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking matched against the same team 4 times in a row, with shit teammates. Dunno why this Game doesn't have some protections against that

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
The matchmaking in this game has always been terrible. Oh you were just on a team with a fucking asshole who you had to report because he was such a piece of shit? You should be on team with him again.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm incapable of getting these last 3 wins in rumble. Trash on trash on trash. Thanks for the 40 point contribution budddddyyyu

It's like actually statistically improbable how bad this streak is

Last edited:

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I'm digging this event, I just wish that, with this many things to spend the event currency on, you would get more than 9 at a time. Maybe you do, but all morning that's all I've been getting.

Oct 28, 2017
How are people feeling about the new game mode? Played a bunch of games today. It's.......not great. I'm not gonna miss it all that much when it's gone. I was worried this was gonna be another Mutator Mashup situation where I'd love it and be upset at how short lived it was. Phew I guess.

Also if I'm not going to get Mutator Mashup ever again, can I at least get Rocket Labs back? I really miss it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
its terrible, you can't really tell how the ball is going to react after a bunch of beams are connected.

j.zed

Oct 29, 2017
Boy that new mode is a bit of stinker. Maybe there could be something to the core idea of having to keep the ball in a certain area, but why did they need to add the weird superpowered magnet that basically removes most of the skill involved? Seems like a strange mode. Am I missing some hidden depth here?

That said, I do remember thinking Dropshot seemed kind of bad at first, nothing but ball chasing, but it just took some time to get used to. Hopefully it's the same here.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it has potential but it feels inconsequential because the physics of the ball keep changing. Maybe with some getting used to it'll be better.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Been getting into competetive 1v1. Good times in general but had a very strange session last night.

Got into a match and immediately scored a goal before realising my opponent was AFK.
I waited around for him, just bopping the ball back and forth, practicing dribbling...
After about a minute he suddenly comes charging through and pounds the ball into my goal.
"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!"

I was like...okay... Scored a couple of goals, but he proceeded to destroy me 8-2.

But in the last seconds of the match, he forfeits and leaves.

... Then in the very next game I get matched with the same guy, and pretty much the exact same sequence of events happens again, with him forfeiting in the end.

Weirdest sandbagging I've ever seen - if you can call it that.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably gonna break level 300 easily on the pass this season. After a long spell without specials (90 or so levels) I'm back to getting them regularly enough.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I thought you could go back and still do challenges from previous weeks if you missed them? Is this not the case?
I didn't do one of the challenges from last week but now it's greyed out and I can't make any progress towards completing it?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought you could go back and still do challenges from previous weeks if you missed them? Is this not the case?
I didn't do one of the challenges from last week but now it's greyed out and I can't make any progress towards completing it?

The weekly challenges can only be completed in the week they're released in unfortunately.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I coulda sworn I completed old week challenges.

But now that I'm thinking about it, I bet they were already completed before I bought the pass and just retroactively unlocked once I purchased.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is there any way to buy the pass without paying tax? What the fuck is a digital item tax

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Holy hell I had some good rng last night.
Went up four pass levels and out of those four levels, three of my rewards were limited edition wheels. Damn.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a few people mentioned the MM a little while back and I've been noticing an issue that just seems to be growing worse and worse over time. The inability to dodge premade in player matches. Sure this is fine if you wish to subject yourself to ranked solo standard, but honestly I'm tired of the toxicity of ranked in general and just don't even touch it now.

Catch is that means I'm up against premades for 9/10 matches. And 9/10 matches against a premade is a loss. It's been this way for the longest time now and yet my MM rank isn't doing anything about it so any time spent on the game is largely brief and frustrating lately. Which sucks because I'm not bored of the game, but I AM entirely bored of being a punching bag and the MM failing to react.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering if they'll ever have cross progression because I played a lot on xbox and want to move over to ps4. Maybe even do ps4/switch where I can cross progress while I am in bed.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I am wondering if they'll ever have cross progression because I played a lot on xbox and want to move over to ps4. Maybe even do ps4/switch where I can cross progress while I am in bed.
That's hopefully one good thing that can come from being bought by Epic. Their corssplay/progression Epic ID system is really good.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
That's hopefully one good thing that can come from being bought by Epic. Their corssplay/progression Epic ID system is really good.

Has the Epic ID been applied to all of the consoles then? That's good, I guess i am glad about that. I just want to play some more on my PS4 these days but I have obtained way more items on my Xbox.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Has the Epic ID been applied to all of the consoles then? That's good, I guess i am glad about that. I just want to play some more on my PS4 these days but I have obtained way more items on my Xbox.
PS4, Xbox, Switch, PC , IOS and Android. All seemless with voice and crossprogression. Fortnite makes use of all platforms and Dauntless does all consoles with mobile being worked on.