• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The addition of challenges to the Rocket Pass has been such an amazing thing for me, as it's gotten me to more consistently play the game game throughout each week and then see consistent improvement in my skills over the past 10 weeks. I'm more capable with aerial hits now than I used to be, which is nice.

I didn't know goal explosions could be certified, but I just got one for upside down goals that kind if ensures I won't use it when I've got Stay Puft and the T-Rex explosions.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I just need them to do cross-progression so I can finally switch over to ps4. I might just have to ride it out on my xbox until then.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The event currency doesn't change right? It's still the tapes? Just the items that refresh?

Good question, because I might still grind out the tapes... there is nothing else that I want from the group anyway and golden eggs keep getting me garbage. I wonder what the items are going to be in culture. I am hoping I can get it done because I go away on July 6th. I probably won't get much since I'll be studying that week. Hopefully I don't like anything in culture.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I continue to play the game but the new Rocket Pass doesn't have one item that I want and is just unappealing. So I didn't bother with it. Then the summer event, also has no unlocks that I like. Maaaybe the Ghostbusters rims. But that's it. Guess it's just not for me.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I continue to play the game but the new Rocket Pass doesn't have one item that I want and is just unappealing. So I didn't bother with it. Then the summer event, also has no unlocks that I like. Maaaybe the Ghostbusters rims. But that's it. Guess it's just not for me.

I like the ET ones and ghostbuster but I'd never really wear them over all of the cool ones I already have.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thrilled to see Scrub win it all, I still remember watching him stream years ago and wondering what the game would even look like by the time he'd be eligible to compete in RLCS. He's had plenty of doubters along the way too. "Scrub can't play 3s, no one will want to team with him, he's a washed 1s main, etc." Dude stuck it to the haters!

dred

Oct 27, 2017
He was legit shit at 3s for awhile for what it's worth

1s is worthless :)
You have to play 3s to get good at 3s, yes. 1s can make you a better 3s player if you take the right lessons from it, though. Hard to deny that anymore with Fairy Peak and Scrub winning it all. :)

I'm sure you were one of the people saying RV would go nowhere because two of their three players were 1s mains, hehe.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate solo's

Game shines in 2 v 2. I think 3 v 3 can get a little crowded but its excellent in high level play.

Nov 8, 2017
I love, love, love 2v2s. I play it 90% of the time.

3v3 tends to have more exciting 'plays' because you can have one person just flying around while having someone back...in a game of 2s, take a wild chance on something and you may totally get punished. Games for me tend to be really low scoring or really high scoring, it's weird.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
You have to play 3s to get good at 3s, yes. 1s can make you a better 3s player if you take the right lessons from it, though. Hard to deny that anymore with Fairy Peak and Scrub winning it all. :)

I'm sure you were one of the people saying RV would go nowhere because two of their three players were 1s mains, hehe.

scrub hasnt been a 1s main for 4 seasons xd
1s is worthless in 2019- it doesnt teach anything 2s cant.

and hey c9 outplayed them games 1/2 and kept missing then gave up, shit esport sadly :(

dred

Oct 27, 2017
scrub hasnt been a 1s main for 4 seasons xd
1s is worthless in 2019- it doesnt teach anything 2s cant.

and hey c9 outplayed them games 1/2 and kept missing then gave up, shit esport sadly :(
I don't play 1s anymore and yeah it doesn't have much if any value to pros or really experienced players. But all that time scrub and fairy spent playing 1s helped them win it all. :)

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I play a lot of Rocket League on PC. Started on PS4 when it first released, but irrelevant. I have participated in all the events that I can and for the last 6 months or so I really just want specific goal explosions. Is there any way to get these that won't cost me $50+ in keys or grey market shenanigans? Steam Market?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I play a lot of Rocket League on PC. Started on PS4 when it first released, but irrelevant. I have participated in all the events that I can and for the last 6 months or so I really just want specific goal explosions. Is there any way to get these that won't cost me $50+ in keys or grey market shenanigans? Steam Market?
Depending on what you want I can give you some prices and point you in the right direction.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging the new items and I like the cassettes carry over. This event is great.

On a side note, what's the best reliable place to trade off crates on Xbox? I have hundreds of crates I will never open and I'd gladly get rid of most of them even for relatively cheap. I know there's trading websites but I'm not a fan of trading with complete strangers who may be there to scam me.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Some of these new items are great! I think my favs are the pixelated wheels and the cassette tape wheels.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging the new items and I like the cassettes carry over. This event is great.

On a side note, what's the best reliable place to trade off crates on Xbox? I have hundreds of crates I will never open and I'd gladly get rid of most of them even for relatively cheap. I know there's trading websites but I'm not a fan of trading with complete strangers who may be there to scam me.
Literally just use the xbox LFG system.

Its not looking for game anymore, its looking for trade.

Omg this new spike rush game mode looks like a riot

Last edited:

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else getting this weird bug on ps4 where the game hangs every now and then? It seems to happen if I check the list of players/scores during a match but it's not isolated to just this - it can happen any time really.
The hangs are pretty bad too, some times as long as ten seconds at a time. Restarting the game gets rid of it but it's pretty damn annoying. I don't think it's an issue at my end because it's not a problem I have with any other online games ie my connection is perfectly stable.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm past level 300 on the pass already, and it indeed turns out that you start getting duplicates before you get all the specials. There's multiple painted items I have 2-3 times now, while I have "only" about 17 special items. It's a bit of a shame you can't max out the specials by virtue of grinding out the rest of the pass, because I basically have everything already and now it's just praying for the specials.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
I finally disabled quick chat and only enabled it for kickoffs with bakkesmod. This kid called me a f*ing idiot when he was clearly going to own goal and I bumped into him trying to clear the ball. I reported him and nothing happened. Now I just laugh at myself when I do something stupid (intentional or not). Ignorance is bliss.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I had a nice game where after we were down 2-0 to some freak ricochet goals and one of my teammates decided to just start playing for the other team, so he ensured we still lost.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
You get teamed up with some horrible people sometimes. I was teamed up with someone that started to throw the match the second it started. We lost. I reported him for unsportsmanlike conduct. Of course this does nothing. The next match we are on the same team again. He decided to play correctly this time so we won. I get teamed up with him for a third time in a row. This time he immediately rolls over and starts spinning the whole match. When someone gets reported for unsportsmanlike conduct the game should at least try its best to not match us up again.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I really think they should give you more xp for backfilling a match.
I've lost count of the number of times I've been thrown into a game on a team losing 3-0 with only a couple of minutes left. Make it worth my while Psyonix!

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really think they should give you more xp for backfilling a match.
I've lost count of the number of times I've been thrown into a game on a team losing 3-0 with only a couple of minutes left. Make it worth my while Psyonix!

There should be a fairly large bonus both for backfilling and an even bigger one for not switching lobbies at the end. So you are not encouraged to leave when you are immediately trailing, and in fact the game rewards you for trying to beat people that just beat you and improve yourself, and it would not reward lobbyhopping too much.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah how much is it for consecutive games? Like, 200 xp or something? Nowhere near enough imo.