• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
General

• [Nintendo Switch] Reduced the default Controller Deadzone to 0.15 from 0.3 to better utilize Joy-Con analog sticks

• Reduced volume of the Batmobile Goal Explosion
Performance

• [Nintendo Switch] Adjusted world detail to improve average resolution in Handheld Mode

• Optimized the following maps for Nintendo Switch and PC:

• Utopia Stadium (all variants)

• Farmstead

• Maps are optimized on PC when using 'Performance' World Detail setting
  • Improved the field texture visuals for the following maps on Nintendo Switch and PC:

• Champion's Field

• Wasteland

• Visual improvements on PC apply when High Quality Shaders are turned off
BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed Player Avatars sometimes displaying on the wrong user after someone quit or joined the lobby

• Fixed missing blowoff valve audio for Octane ZSR Engine

• [Nintendo Switch] Fixed a rare crash that could occur in the post-match Scoreboard in Rumble

• Grass is now visible on the Main Menu when using 'Performance' World Detail settings

• Ground Textures now appear on Farmstead when using 'Performance' World Detail

• [Steam] Fixed an issue with Older Urban Central replays crashing the game

• Quick chat audio no longer sounds when a player joins or leaves a server

• Goal Explosion audio no longer loops after previewing a Goal Explosion in the Crate Preview menu
https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-40/

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
holy crap these guys move so quick

Is that the quickest someone has improved the quality in handheld mode?

Sure its rocket league but still.....they seem to put an insane amount of effort into optimization

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game is great on Switch already even in handheld mode. Good on them for improving a game that is already seeing excellent sales on the console.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent job to Psyonix for working so fast. Although Starbase is populated, hopefully that's been fixed too

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting it for Xmas, glad it's gonna be in a great shape by the time I get to go back to rookie.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
The resolution was literally the only thing holding me back from purchasing, so hopefully it's better.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This is what Psyonix does. They never stop optimizing. Older console versions had fos problems as well that were fixed. More will come.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I have been consistently playing this every night in handheld mode, and the resolution honestly doesn't effect me all that much. It's really great they are improving it though, I can't wait to see if it is noticeable.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Will definitely be booting this up when I get home to see. I didn't particularly mind the resolution in handheld mode. The first few seconds are a blurry mess as everything streams in, but after that it seemed okay. So glad to know Pysonix is dedicated to polishing up the Switch version.

GBknight

Oct 28, 2017
As soon as I'm no longer broke from buying my wife and son Christmas gifts this is going on mine and my son's Switches.

Hatebringer

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had Rocket League on my Switch, PS4 and PC at the moment so it's hard to justify another purchase. If I ever find a good deal, maybe I'll bite!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Don't delay your purchase! The game being visually impacted at times doesn't prevent it from being extremely playable and fun.
I mean, I already own it on PC and PS4, so it's already hard to triple dip (technically double dip), especially since some of the portable screenshots I saw were really really bad.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ohh nice...I'm playing the game right now. Browsing resetera as a new game loads...

Love the game on the switch and better performance/resolution is always welcome

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Way ahead of you ;) Got some ready for the patch.

941.png

DickHams

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to see the improvements. I'd love to play this more in handheld mode but the resolution really kills it for me.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Still no 1080p downsampling patch for ps4 pro? Fucking shameful. Especially since it's one of the jaggiest games I have seen on ps4.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm working on it too. Currently the Switch is running the world in "Quality" Mode. The patch notes suggest that it's going down to "Performance" Mode.

Great. Can't wait for comparisons. This is being done by Panic Button, who also ported DOOM, so hopefully that'll see improvements too.

It seems like Psyonix is working on this patch internally...

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
Patch is downloading on my switch now, can't wait to see how much they've improved it. Maybe split-screen is fine now but even just slight resolution bumps in singleplayer undocked would be fantastic.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is fantastic... but surprisingly I play this more in docked mode... using an MCable.

Hope they can work out better Image Quality in docked mode at some point.

Great game nonetheless

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading the patch now, but man, i hope they do something about the input lag, let me turn off the damn v-sync...

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
I took a picture of Utopia Colisseum in training mode a second after my car has loaded in, and will be able to post both screenshots once my update download is finished.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much world detail was decreased to increase resolution. I'm curious about before/after screenshots.

OP
OP
Jonneh

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Undocked
Vanilla
DQ81kVDXUAA9McY.jpg

Patched
DQ81lYKXkAEaY7u.jpg

Vanilla
DQ81mgXW0AAief-.jpg

Patched
DQ81nERWAAAJzKW.jpg

Seems very similar...perhaps it's more stable? I'll have to play a few rounds to be sure.