• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Blog

Which sunblock SPF does a Battle-Car need when it's soaking up rays and playing in the sand all day? We'll know soon, because our new Salty Shores Update splashes down on May 29!

This next Content Update is all about Rocket League fun in the sun, starting with the aforementioned 'Salty Shores,' our brand new seaside Arena! As our sunniest map to date, Salty Shores should keep the summertime vibes going year-round as a permanent addition to all online Playlists!

Along with a new Arena, we're also bringing you the start of Competitive Season 8, the distribution of Season 7 Rewards, the new 'Impact' Crate, fresh beats from the 'Rocket League x Monstercat Vol. 3' EP and more! You'll also find some nice quality of life improvements in the mix, including a new 'Report Server' button for when servers misbehave during an online match. Our 'Beach Blast' in-game Event is coming soon too, but not for a few more weeks -- June 11, to be exact! We'll have more details about Beach Blast closer to the start of the event, so stay tuned!

Check out the full trailer up top and screenshots of our new arena (and our new Battle-Car 'Twinzer') below. Be sure to let us know what you think of the new update on Reddit and Twitter. We'll see you on the beach next week!

rl_arena_salty-shores_3.jpg

Spode

Oct 25, 2017
I love summer events so much! Map looks fantastic and hell yeah for even more Monstercat collab music!

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
I first read that as Salty Springs and throught there was some sort of Fortnite crossover happening.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beach is nice HOWEVER I havent played a match online in the Farm arena in what feels like ages, and I know I specifically asked for that one and a few more to be favoured over others. Any idea is that is a glitch?

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This beach one will be permanent and the devs said something about making farmstead permanent one day as well.

well thats great news then!!

while i got your attention . . . do you or does anybody else have an issue where you either dont rank up, or you do rank up but its not reflected in the post match grid? im ranked Gold level 3 for 2v2 qnd 3v3 but my graphic next to my name is a grey x.

Oct 28, 2017
That's still not a return of mutator mashup, so I remain disappointed and I will stay disappointed with every single update in the future until the criminally shortlived mutator mashup playlist makes its glorious return. It is a goddamn travesty that every single other new game mode that got added was a permanent addition yet mutator mashup was only there for a matter if weeks.

A GODDAMN TRAVESTY

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great, as if I need more reason to keep playing. Can't wait for the rocket pass system as well, I'd love to support Psyonix for this fantastic game but I refuse to dump money into the key + crate abyss.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Holy hell yes!

Between Bit Trip Runner 3 coming out today, and this coming out next week, I am the happiest man.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017

while i got your attention . . . do you or does anybody else have an issue where you either dont rank up, or you do rank up but its not reflected in the post match grid? im ranked Gold level 3 for 2v2 qnd 3v3 but my graphic next to my name is a grey x.
Yeah, I've had that problem since the season began. Can only see my rank when I rank up or down and when you get into matchmaking.
Also a e s t h e t i c

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yo that beach map! And it's next week too. Sheesh so much gaming happening over the next month @__@.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

yeah. You are still getting your points but it's just not showing. I get the same thing.

Hvabbdakur

May 10, 2018
Aw, yea. Born and raised in California, loving this. Perfect timing, too.

We Switch owners do get this update, yes? This is my first update since I got the Switch version.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how does this on Switch these days?
I doubled dip and bought it the other day, I've only played it on portable mode and it runs pretty good if you chose Performance over Quality. There are a few frame skips every once in a while but it hasn't bothered me even in the middle of an action. Obviously I'm always a bit blown away when I play again on PC afterward with good AA settings, but the Switch port is perfectly fine imo. I read that it had a lot more issues at launch but the game had an important update in april and since then it's good.

Aussiebattler

Oct 27, 2017
Sydney
3 things I'm homesick about while road tripping Europe - I miss my family, I miss my dog and god damn I miss playing rocket league. I don't miss the dickheads online though, lol. Can't wait to play this update when I get home.