• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
I bought it, matchmaking is taking quite long time donno why.

visually speaking I think it looks fine, it plays well enough for me to enjoy the game.
but the UI in undocked mode is terribly tiny, like wth.

Gabe90

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to finally try this. Before buying, is the local multiplayer a good experience? Most interested to play local.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017

visually speaking I think it looks fine, it plays well enough for me to enjoy the game.

I've noticed the matchmaking taking a while as well and a lot of times I'll start joining and time out

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I already own both the PC & PS4 versions and this one is ugly as all hell on portable, but it runs great (mostly) and it's Rocket League so I don't even care. :) Played a few hours tonight and had a blast!

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
So far, so good. Plays really well, though I hope to get matched up with as few people playing online while on the go as possible to minimize shitty lag games. It's certainly not the prettiest version of the game, but that's fine.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked the NA eshop and Rocket League has moved up to number 2. Game seems to be doing very well.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
In my experience with this forum and the last, people who exclaim strongly about a games visual presentation in shock or with highly emotional or dismissive language are usually not representative of what I'll think of the game.

But boy are they loud.

That's a really valid point. It entirely set me up to feel really disappointed, (The near N64 level shredding) so it actually helped me be more pleasantly surprised, versus disappointed.

Next similar level of expectations...RiME!

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
Was this ever in question? Cross-platform play was advertised as a feature from day 1 and you can't exactly play with people on different platform if the game physics is different.

No, it wasn't. But when people start port crapping left and right, I assume the entire port could possibly have issues. I'm really pleased with it, and have recommended it excitedly to two different friends. So to me, that kinda thing helps as much as the naysaying. Good quality work, deserves sales.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hooy shit i suck at this game. Played like 20 matches and won 3, actually had an affect on only 1.

To be fair like 90% of my surefire goals were blocked or stolen by my own teammates. I do feel like im getting better but i keep getting fucked over by teammates eho wont stay in the goal or ceash into me.

Oh well im hsving fun.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Well disappoints me to say but I think I'm gonna have to shelf this until the next patch comes out. Maybe I'm getting a different experience than the rest of you but I'm having trouble getting past the input lag, rubber banding lag (which is usually a connection type issue but it's happening a lot on the switch), and I'm starting to hone in on the FPS drops. Hoping future patches can address some of this, for now I'll just be sticking to the PC version

Glad a lot of you are enjoying it though, the game is amazing and Psyonix has done a fantastic job with it the past 2 years. I think I've just gotten too spoiled with perfect gameplay on PC

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think Panic Button really considers handheld mode when they're porting over these games...

Even Doom had tiny subtitles that are barely visible.

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
It's the input lag more than anything that's keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Yeah if you have played Rocket League before, don't buy it. It took one hour with the game but now I lost all my excitement I had for the game in Switch. I really hope a future patch will improve this to make it feel Like RL on PC..

Well disappoints me to say but I think I'm gonna have to shelf this until the next patch comes out. Maybe I'm getting a different experience than the rest of you but I'm having trouble getting past the input lag, rubber banding lag (which is usually a connection type issue but it's happening a lot on the switch), and I'm starting to hone in on the FPS drops. Hoping future patches can address some of this, for now I'll just be sticking to the PC version

Glad a lot of you are enjoying it though, the game is amazing and Psyonix has done a fantastic job with it the past 2 years. I think I've just gotten too spoiled with perfect gameplay on PC

Exactly this sadly.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I must agree, I "only" have 200h on PC, but I really feel something weird with the controls, I'm certain there's a bit of input lag, and it's enough to mess up almost all of my timings, it's unfortunate because except for that it would be great.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
You know something is up when i can't advance past gold 1-2 in standard 3v3 and I'm typically about 12 ranks higher than that on PC

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
btw, from Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/7d0v09/xpost_from_rnintendoswitch_splitscreen_online/ :
Hi everyone! We've seen your feedback in regards to splitscreen online multiplayer in Rocket League and we're actively working on a solution to what we have identified as a bug. It wasn't our intention to require a Nintendo Account for each splitscreen online player, and we're working on addressing this in a hotfix by the end of the year. We are still investigating, but our goal is to eventually require only one Nintendo Account for splitscreen online play, with additional players joining as Guests. Thank you, all!

Devin Connors

Community Manager, Rocket League and Psyonix Studios

Original post can be found at https://redd.it/7d0nxj

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
You guys that said the framerate is rock solid are on drugs. I notice dips frequently. Especially when a match first starts.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't noticed this input lag people are talking about, but I also haven't played the PC version in a long time. Is this input lag straight up input lag or network latency?

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
I wish the new people would try defending and waiting to hit the ball when it's clear for them.

Or at least wait for me to set up the pass
No, the only fun way to play this game is to chase the ball and doing goals, Otherwise your points might be low and perople will call you a noob. Trust me, you don't want that.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. First time playing rocket league. Played for 3hrs straight. Digital crack....

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But they would get points from the goals I set up perfectly for them! :O

Do people have to feel/sense that you're amazing before the match is about to start?
Some people really need to get over themselves. Sometimes there's a try hard that makes me just want to mess around for the hell of it. It's a game, people, you're taking it way too seriously.

mk2007

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed in my purchase. The resolution is really getting to me, the frame rate is quite unstable at times, some effects are missing ( like the woosh feeling when going supersonic) and the font is really fuzzy (everything's fuzzy to be honest). Hopefully they can pump up the resolution and optimize the game via patches.

The only thing that make feel a little better is that I can play RL on the go.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Inout lag people.. have you tried upping tge sensitivity? Game frels so much better with quicker turning

NubWizard

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Do people have to feel/sense that you're amazing before the match is about to start?
Some people really need to get over themselves. Sometimes there's a try hard that makes me just want to mess around for the hell of it. It's a game, people, you're taking it way too seriously.

Uhh what?

1. I'm in comp.

2. I don't trash talk

3. I do my best to watch my teammates so I best know how to be a teammate that helps them succeed and us win.

Actually I'm trying that approach and it's been rewarding. With a bit of luck the Ball falls in front of you and you can nudge in a few goals.

Yeah, a lot of the games I find is just waiting for the other team to make a mistake or let their guard down. Patience is key :)

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Input lag people.. have you tried upping the sensitivity? Game frels so much better with quicker turning
I will try that when I get home. Would be great if it fixes things. But I also was under the impression that my button presses are delayed. Will report back in 8 hours or so.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Inout lag people.. have you tried upping tge sensitivity? Game frels so much better with quicker turning

I tried that earlier, set to 5 for both...
Something was off with the turning radius compared to PC...
Or I could be imagining it...

Though I seemed to do better after that change.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh hmmm
I will try that when I get home. Would be great if it fixes things. But I also was under the impression that my button presses are delayed. Will report back in 8 hours or so.
Well if that's the case maybe not. Tbh i dont notice anything worse than other console games. But I haven't played PC rocket league in a long time so idk. And I've always been trash tier at the game so who knows.

Dits

Oct 27, 2017
Portable Rocket League, damn living in the future is sweet! Not fussed at all about the graphics downgrade, portability trump's everytime

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh what?

1. I'm in comp.

2. I don't trash talk

3. I do my best to watch my teammates so I best know how to be a teammate that helps them succeed and us win.

I don't see what these points have to do with anything. It's the attitude. And it's not only you. Sure, we all like to win, and we get it: you guys are (or at least feel) amazing, but just let people play their own way and let them have fun. I'm all for a little cooperation, but if people are trying (forcing) to let me play a different way than my own then screw them. I'm sure it's all friendly and most people don't mean anything with these comments, but again, it's a game. Losing is just as much as part of the game as winning.

Okay, I'll stop now. Didn't mean to ruin the mood, people should just enjoy the game :p

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been answered but I have a quick question is regards to the matchmaking. Can I invite a friend on my friend list into a party and then search for a game against random opponents, with other randomers filling in the spots on our team?

NubWizard

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I don't see what these points have to do with anything. It's the attitude. And it's not only you. Sure, we all like to win, and we get it: you guys are (or at least feel) amazing, but just let people play their own way and let them have fun. I'm all for a little cooperation, but if people are trying (forcing) to let me play a different way than my own then screw them. I'm sure it's all friendly and most people don't mean anything with these comments, but again, it's a game. Losing is just as much as part of the game as winning.

Okay, I'll stop now. Didn't mean to ruin the mood, people should just enjoy the game :p

I'm allowed to be frustrated when teammates play for themselves in a team-based game. If it bothers you that I get frustrated when I set you up a pass, rotate when you scramble after the ball abandoning the goal, or ram me when I am in position for a shot, maybe take your own advice and focus on the game instead of what the people you are playing with are saying?

I don't know man, I made my comment sarcastically and I feel like you are projecting onto me as one of those guys who abuses quick chat over any mistake.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for this. I was getting confused as I read this in this thread, yesterday... ( not trying to call you out Unicorn just trying to get some clarity on the situation )

Can do private matches through a lobby and pass. In game party system for matchmaking is coming down the line.

...but then read elsewhere people were hooking up with their friends and then playing against randomers, so I was getting a little confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Damned, I'mm really bummed about the lag when I play using a 4G mobile hotspot. I mean, this thing is faster than my connection at home and I still have a ping around 60 but I keep having lag during online matches... How come !

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for this. I was getting confused as I read this in this thread, yesterday... ( not trying to call you out Unicorn just trying to get some clarity on the situation )

...but then read elsewhere people were hooking up with their friends and then playing against randomers, so I was getting a little confused. Thanks for clearing that up.
Forming a party with people from PC and Xbox One is cnming later. Making a party with other Switch users is already in.