• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is something, I'm not sure was in a previous update or not but I noticed that there was an option to link your Nintendo Account to Twitch. Obviously it doesn't work but a message popped up saying "Failed to Connect With Nintendo Online Service Servers."

This is pretty interesting, this could potentially mean that Twitch integration is coming with the Online in September. All I can do right now is speculate but I'm thinking this does seem like a good idea.
https://twitter.com/Nittomata/status/981328475565867008

UPDATE: I can now confirm that this option was just added to this update, checked all the previous patches and no mention of this was there.

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
A Twitch app on Switch would be great. Twitch streaming directly from the console a la PS4/XB1 would be insane.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
That's probably a solution on Psyonix end. They are managing the connection between your Nintendo Account and your Twitch account so you can easily share content.

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably a solution on Psyonix end. They are managing the connection between your Nintendo Account and your Twitch account so you can easily share content.
Probably but the fact that it says "Failed to Connect With Nintendo Online Service Servers." is really interesting

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Probably but the fact that it says "Failed to Connect With Nintendo Online Service Servers." is really interesting
Well yeah, probably the link between Rocket League and Nintendo Account isn't live yet. It would not be the first game to link with your Nintendo Account.

sYQnyho.png

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It's probably for this. Switch option isn't live yet so that causes the error.

KhxbiD0.png

The integration is just so Psyonix knows who you are cross-platform. There won't be a Nintendo-Twitch integration.
Nintendo has been pretty friendly when it comes to streaming their games on Twitch so it wouldn't be a bad move to implement it in some form whether it's an app or integration.

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
I can now confirm that this option was just added to this update, checked all the previous patches and no mention of this was there.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
A Twitch app on Switch would be great. Twitch streaming directly from the console a la PS4/XB1 would be insane.
I don't think it would be very insane. There's a chip on the board directly for this that takes no overhead from anything else, which is what it uses for capture currently. It has limited memory thus the short capture lengths(though it is rumored this will be increased in a later update) but I believe the chip has streaming capability.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Nintendo account now recognizes I want to share my Nintendo account info with Rocket League ,but on Rocket League's site keeps erroring out.