• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
screenshot_2020-05-2919jmb.png

Source: https://www.rockman-corner.com/2020/05/capcom-seeking-partners-for-mega-man.html

If you're a Battle Network fan, you might want to keep a close eye on 2021. Today, Capcom Japan have begun recruiting licensing partners to develop Mega Man Battle Network 20th anniversary products. These include toys, action figures, apparel, special events and other consumer goods.

And yes; I'm privy to at least one project on the burner. You may have heard about it on Twitter some time ago. I can't comment on it further. But... it may be a part of the festivities.

More at the link

============

I'd imagine at the very least, we're definitely due for a Battle Network Collection. The series was a big seller back in the day for Capcom and those titles returning especially on the switch would be a great fit for a lot of commutes particularly in Japan.

Last edited:

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Give me that Battle Network legacy collection Capcom! I'll throw my money at it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A BN collection is inevitable. If ZX could get remastered then BN is a certainty. And it'd be nice if we could get some QOL changes for BN1 - mainly just items to refight the last enemy you previously fought, to make it easier to get those boss chips...
Oh, and make BN4 fun somehow, that game sucks. Still hurts that it sold the most.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn ill throw money at a collection compilation.

Battle Network is so due for a remake. So many advancements in technology that a new series could model off of.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing we finally see the rumored Battle Network mobile game next year then

Just give me a collection and I'll be happy.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I wonder if Capcom will make a bigger deal out of the Battle Network mobile game or just quietly release it like MMX DiVE

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I have some of the Battle Network games but I only really dabbled in them. I'd love a collection so I can play them all from start to finish.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Really really hope we get that network collection! Still have to pick up the others at some point though

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
20th anniversary? Jesus is it that old?
Next March will be its 20th anniversary in Japan.

I definitely didn't recall this coming out in the GBA's first year. I would have guessed second. Loved the GBA games, never played anything after that. I'd be intrigued to revisit these.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this one. I love those fucking games bruh.

Also I gotta give a shoutout to these Capcom collections this gen. They're really hitting em out of the park.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be great, I'm going to try my best to snag everything I can. T-shirts, toys, etc.... I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt Capcom would ever package 6 full length RPGs into one collection. None of these game companies ever do. All my favorite JRPGs are always released piecemeal these days.

I'm still hopeful but I doubt it.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I doubt Capcom would ever package 6 full length RPGs into one collection. None of these game companies ever do. All my favorite JRPGs are always released piecemeal these days.

I'd imagine it'd be like X collection. In two parts or together at retail.
Or maybe it's more similar to Zero collection? I'm not a big Mega Man guy but that was a lot of content in one package right?

Oct 25, 2017

tbf calling BN1 and 4 "full lenght RPGs" is a being generous with them heheh

I'd imagine it'd be like X collection. In two parts or together at retail.
Or maybe it's more similar to Zero collection? I'm not a big Mega Man guy but that was a lot of content in one package right?
Z/ZX was 6 games
BN alone is 6 games but from 3 onwards they have two titles pokemon style
Starforce would add another 3 games, with 2 titles for the sequels and 3 titles for the first game

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can I just get a Battle Network Collection now

Pretend like this is the 20th and be a beacon in 2020

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm that does make it kinda tricky.
To make things worse there's the BN5DS situation (both versions released as a single game for the DS, added new features including swapping content between the two), which is the only one of the BN games ported to the DS or that has those special features... besides the never localized BN1 DS enhanced port that added a Starforce crossover.

And I am not counting spin offs, which I am sure will be ignored (most of them never having being localized).

Semi related, would love if they merged 3 into a single title like it was supposed to be, but they have been extremely averse to modifying the games in collections (not even fixing typos or uncensoring Zero), so...

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Future news: Megaman Battle network to come to every console except the one that's portable.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right the stupid multi version shit they copied from pokemon. It will so be split into two collections won't it damn it.
Yeah, How they split them is going to be incredibly interesting.
- Splitting in half won't work because that would mean 4 would be on 2 different SKU's which is a mess.
- It might be split 5 ways (1+2 the both versions of 3 by themselves and so on for the rest)
- Or they could combine them like they did 5 on the DS

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will pay any amount of money for a new BN game or even just a collection. Hell, I'd pay to be able to play Network Transmission on contemporary hardware. Give me SOMETHING Capcom, PLEASE

Yeah, How they split them is going to be incredibly interesting.
- Splitting in half won't work because that would mean 4 would be on 2 different SKU's which is a mess.
- It might be split 5 ways (1+2 the both versions of 3 by themselves and so on for the rest)
- Or they could combine them like they did 5 on the DS
If they're not going the Double Team DS route, splitting them is kinda what I expect. Like a BN Collection Alpha and Beta, with each having a different version of 3-6.
Compared to OG and X or even Zero, BN games are huge, and I personally hope they bring back the trading aspects of the series that made them so fun to play with others.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If they're not going the Double Team DS route, splitting them is kinda what I expect. Like a BN Collection Alpha and Beta, with each having a different version of 3-6.
Compared to OG and X or even Zero, BN games are huge, and I personally hope they bring back the trading aspects of the series that made them so fun to play with others.
I hope they would something in that effect, since a lot of the features and elements in the BN (and SF) series were tied to either multiplayer or merchandising/gaming magazines/the anime. The most obvious example being the lotto numbers.