• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
To anyone that has a slight interest, NOW IS THE TIME. Rocksmith 2014 is so much better than Rocksmith+, at least with the song offerings. The UI looks dated, but the song selection is infinitely better if you like rock/metal. I am going to have to pick up any songs I don't have that I want. I don't understand why they don't put them on sale one last time.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Would I be right to presume that the Rocksmith+ branded TrueTone cable will work fine with 2014?

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
Thanks for posting about the discontinuation. I have my files now and it has encouraged me to play with friends and do live practices. RS is good for fun stuff but it's only part of the toolkit for me.

toymachinesh

Oct 27, 2017
probably will still activate, a similar thing happened with the original RS and third party resale codes worked after delisting

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wow hope all the dlc gets super cheap right before
I wouldn't count on it. Rocksmith DLC used to go on sale during every major Steam sale. But it hasn't been on sale since the 2022 Summer Sale, so around 15 months now. I assume they figure they will get more money out of fewer full price sales from people buying on FOMO than they would get from people stocking up discounted songs.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
^ Thanks for the heads up on the DLC (and it being back.) Nice to not have to convert any customs.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
www.ubisoft.com

ROCKSMITH 2014 LEAVING STORES

Nearly 10 years ago we launched Rocksmith 2014 and set out on a journey of learning and playing guitar together, practicing old favorites, and discovering new ones along the way.

R2014, along with all DLC, will be delisted in October 30.

End of an era...
R2014 is being delisted Monday (2 days from now, the 23rd,) not Oct 30th, correct? Just wanted to point it out in case anyone thought they have more time to grab it.

Rocksmith 2014 will be removed from all digital storefronts on October 23rd, 2023

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, truly the end. I remember there was something they did to the game that broke it unless you opted into a beta branch? Hopefully they just leave that alone I guess.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I caved and bought a decent chunk of DLC. Probably done unless they do a surprise last minute sale.

Wow, truly the end. I remember there was something they did to the game that broke it unless you opted into a beta branch? Hopefully they just leave that alone I guess.

I've been on a beta branch for a long time for some reason, and that sounds familiar. IIRC something broke CDLC?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
R2014 is being delisted Monday (2 days from now, the 23rd,) not Oct 30th, correct? Just wanted to point it out in case anyone thought they have more time to grab it.
Yeah you're right, it's the 23rd. I've edited my post.

But I read somewhere that the DLC won't be delisted at the same time as the game, but later

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're right, it's the 23rd. I've edited my post.

But I read somewhere that the DLC won't be delisted at the same time as the game, but later
The post lists the dates, but it's essentially an ongoing delisting of DLC every week - presumably to coincide with the original release date as they reach the 10 year anniversary.

I caved and bought a decent chunk of DLC. Probably done unless they do a surprise last minute sale.

I've been on a beta branch for a long time for some reason, and that sounds familiar. IIRC something broke CDLC?
I think that's it. I honestly can't remember why the beta branch was supposed to be better. lol
Oh yeah, looks like it breaks CLDC and no cable mods and stuff like that.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Ah if the DLC is being delisted in stages maybe I won't spend nearly $200 today, and just focus on the stuff I'd really be annoyed if I missed.