• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
PSN EU? It's on PSN North America now
Looks like you're right. Paradise was the only one up there when I checked yesterday and the YouTube video said coming to Sony platforms at a later date. I guess they fixed the problem quickly. I'll download the song when I get home but I'm not sure if i'll be able to play since I fucked up my fret hand thumb at work today.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Hello peeps, as Stew guessed I have been on a break. I'm likely going to stay on it too, I just fancied a break from all of the online noise and I haven't missed it much.

Thought it was only right that I drop by to tell Stew about next week's DLC though...

Joy Division Pack

Disorder
???
???

Hoping for 'She's Lost Control', I presume Love Will Tear Us Apart is a given.

Laters!

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hello peeps, as Stew guessed I have been on a break. I'm likely going to stay on it too, I just fancied a break from all of the online noise and I haven't missed it much.

Thought it was only right that I drop by to tell Stew about next week's DLC though...

Joy Division Pack

Disorder
???
???

Laters!
Glad you could break your sabbatical and send me some awesome news! Transmission is my fav Joy Division track so I'm hoping for that. Love Will Tear Us Apart is also a no brainer although it's not really one of my top JD tracks. Disorder is great news though. Enjoy your extended peace and tranquility Ghost

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

Joy Division Pack

Disorder
???
???

Laters!
taking a break is cool.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for Transmission to be the third, but She's Lost Control is cool too. Either way, it's been a while since I picked up a whole pack.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Started messing with this. Couldn't get the no cable patch to work, it would always tell me there were multiple Real Tone cables plugged in. Using the cable works fine though.

Started with lessons. Slides throwing a second string at me messed me up, but I eventually got relatively comfortable with it. Now bends are an actual roadblock. Didn't have any trouble with the first part of the lesson but the second part is kicking my ass, even when I feel like I hit it, it tells me I "missed". Will give it another go later tonight.

Edit: Got through the lesson but I don't feel like I have it down like it wants me to. I kept trying the practice song and keep hitting in the 65% range (to my credit it has given me more notes, so staying in the same range is some improvement). But I'm pretty sure my technique is abysmal because my fingertips are absolutely aching from doing all those bends. I'm sure my strings being pretty new makes it slightly harder too.

Hope they eventually do Twilight Zone, they have Radar Love so Golden Earring songs shouldn't be out of reach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Now bends are an actual roadblock. Didn't have any trouble with the first part of the lesson but the second part is kicking my ass, even when I feel like I hit it, it tells me I "missed".
It took me a long time to figure this out since I was missing bends like crazy even though I was bending the string. The game is sensitive with bending up and down. If it says you bend the string up, you must bend up. I was just bending down for everything since I found it easier (mostly on the G string) but it won't register up bends on down bend notes and visa versa.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Is this decent enough on PC? Like, is it easy to get a set up that sounds alright and isn't laggy? I've been playing on PS4 (very little) but the DLC is never ever going to go on sale, and seeing that it's 70% off on PC with loads of DLC discounts make it quite tempting to just start again there and build a massive library.

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Is this decent enough on PC? Like, is it easy to get a set up that sounds alright and isn't laggy? I've been playing on PS4 (very little) but the DLC is never ever going to go on sale, and seeing that it's 70% off on PC with loads of DLC discounts make it quite tempting to just start again there and build a massive library.
PC is definitely the platform of choice. Between the frequent DLC sales, the ability to run customs very easily, and not having to deal with lag issues that I've heard are very abundant on PS4, it's pretty much a no-brainer if you can do it. The requirements aren't anything crazy. I ran it off of my on-board video for a whiel when my video card fried. I had to turn the resolution down, but it was fine.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Brad Paisley three pack next week. My only experience with his music is via the Pixar Cars movies my son used to make me watch over and over, so it's safe to say I won't be going anywhere near this pack.

Hopefully, the Joy Division pack and Gratitude will show up on EU PSN by then.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Brad Paisley three pack next week. My only experience with his music is via the Pixar Cars movies my son used to make me watch over and over, so it's safe to say I won't be going anywhere near this pack.

Hopefully, the Joy Division pack and Gratitude will show up on EU PSN by then.
lol.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017

a-ha-family-guy.gif

Oh no... they're going to chart the synth hook aren't they? Yuck.

PSA for RS players in the EU and on PSN - the missing packs including Joy Division are visible at my end now.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
80s Mix VI – $7.99

* a-ha "Take On Me"| Lead/Alt. Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
* Georgia Satellites "Keep Your Hands to Yourself"| Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
* Poison "Fallen Angel"| Lead/Rhythm/Bass [Eb Standard] –

https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmi...rself-fallen-angel-guitar-bass-southern-rock/
Okay now THAT is a killer pack. I likes it a lot.

Just had a nice practice session and sorta made a break through all at once. I was attempting bass on some tracks from RWBY and just plain dying. They're killer tracks for a beginner to try and I'm just starting to incorporate decent 3 string work, and large chord changes up and down the neck without having to stare at the neck every second. Then I somehow went from having my fret hand fingers curled back toward me to rotating my hand counter clockwise away from me slightly and having my fretting hand turned almost toward the body of the bass. Suddenly I went from struggling to my brain goin "oh okay Im just pinching things really fast. This is much easier to do" and I was running with it. I was hitting 4 string progressions across the neck and the only thing struggling was my strumming hand because I'm too stubborn to use a pick on bass on anything.

Does anyone else fret like this? Its way easier for me for some reason. I used to do kung fu and did a LOT of drunken style training and the wrist position is pretty close to how I used to make a drunkard's fist so it works for me. Just bizarre that rotating my hand slightly and bam my whole brain takes off and starts racing across scales and licks that it'd fumble fuck around on before. Just marching up and down all the strings in the chord position I was in and doin good enough to do high 70% on a track I should not even be touching right now given how fast it does do string changes when it jumps. Anyhow hit a milestone there. 22ish hours somewhere close to 30 to 40 practices so far and able to play and control tone some now on some recognizable stuff.

By the way if you haven't downloaded RWBY custom tracks from Jeff Williams you are cheating yourself. 3 guitar parts and a bass and all just stellar.

Last edited:

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Got this a few weeks ago thanks to Audrey and Kate on Youtube and my only regret is not getting into this earlier. This game has made me rediscover my love of playing guitar.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else fret like this?
I still can't picture how you were fretting before. But my suggestion is to just look up on youtube how other other guitarists are positioning their fretting and strumming arms/hands, especially instructional videos. I think it helps to watch videos of bands playing live as well, but one thing to be careful of is that sometimes even guitarists in major bands have "bad" form or habits. I say "bad" in quotes because it's maybe bad or limiting for the typical player, but it's obviously worked for them. For example, some players have the guitar hang real low, which can limit the chords they can play.

Also, thanks for the CDLC suggestion, but I still play on the 360 only. The CDLC would be nice, but I have so much to practice and get better at with the DLC I already have. At some point maybe my 360 will die and I'll be forced to switch. :)

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
So this game is currently on sale on PSN for $12.

I'd like to teach myself, but it seems like I also need to get a cable and an electric guitar.

Any recommendations on which brand I should get for a beginner?

What's the best way to get the songs from the original as well?

XenIneX

Oct 28, 2017
When moving the songs to ps4, I'm pretty sure you can just download the RS1 songs as a pack instead of needing the original as an added requirement. Not 100% sure of this since I already had the import pack on ps3. Worth a look at least.
No, you definitely need the original PS3 Rocksmith to import the tracks.

1. Get the cheapest used copy of the original Rocksmith for PS3 you can find (~$5 on Amazon or eBay).
  2. Fire it up on a PS3 (yours, or a friend's who will let you create an account and connect it to your PSN account. Don't forget to remove the account after so they're not buying FIFA points on your dime.)
  3. Go through its obnoxious intro sequence. You'll need the Real Tone cable, a guitar, and 15 interminable minutes to do so.
  4. Go to the DLC store in-game and buy the Disc Export Access pack ($10).
  5. Put the Rocksmith disc somewhere to gather dust.
  6. Fire up Rocksmith 2014 on your PS4.
  7. Go to the DLC section and download the Rocksmith Disc Import pack ("free").

Ubisoft's FAQ on Rocksmith for PS4...

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
No, you definitely need the original PS3 Rocksmith to import the tracks.

1. Get the cheapest used copy of the original Rocksmith for PS3 you can find (~$5 on Amazon or eBay).
  2. Fire it up on a PS3 (yours, or a friend's who will let you create an account and connect it to your PSN account. Don't forget to remove the account after so they're not buying FIFA points on your dime.)
  3. Go through its obnoxious intro sequence. You'll need the Real Tone cable, a guitar, and 15 interminable minutes to do so.
  4. Go to the DLC store in-game and buy the Disc Export Access pack ($10).
  5. Put the Rocksmith disc somewhere to gather dust.
  6. Fire up Rocksmith 2014 on your PS4.
  7. Go to the DLC section and download the Rocksmith Disc Import pack ("free").

Ubisoft's FAQ on Rocksmith for PS4...
Wow... can't believe they still haven't just thrown up the songs as a traditional DLC pack. So many hoops to jump through although it's definitely worth it since it instantly doubles your available songs to play.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Queen pack next week:

Tie Your Mother Down
???
???
???

Don't mind some Queen, will keep an eye on what rounds out the pack. I guess this is to promote the new movie?

Wow... can't believe they still haven't just thrown up the songs as a traditional DLC pack. So many hoops to jump through although it's definitely worth it since it instantly doubles your available songs to play.

It's crazy, as is having two versions of songs on the PS store - versions that run on PS3 and PS4, or those that just run on PS4. I dread to think how this is going to pan out when RS3 eventually arrives.