• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't you English too? They were a part of the British Invasion in the 60s and were quite popular. I wanna say they were just recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Yeah I'm just reading about them and they are British. Really strange that I've not heard of them, skipping through songs expecting a "oh they're that band" moment but not happened yet. Time of the Season has a cool bassline but dunno if I'll pick it up.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Glad the Zombies pack was well received because we're back to the filler bollocks of advanced exercises next week.

Perhaps this news that Ubisoft is rethinking their approach to game releases following the recent (and somewhat inevitable) tepid critical and commercial responses to their latest sausage factory open world loot-shooters bodes well for Rocksmith's future.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It happened to me, the Rocksmith white screen of death. Out of nowhere the game just won't start anymore.

Restarted the PC
Messed with audio device settings
Tried with/out the cable plugged in
Reinstalled the included DX redistributable
Verified game cache
Reinstalled the game entirely

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
It happened to me, the Rocksmith white screen of death. Out of nowhere the game just won't start anymore.

Restarted the PC
Messed with audio device settings
Tried with/out the cable plugged in
Reinstalled the included DX redistributable
Verified game cache
Reinstalled the game entirely

Resolution issue? I think I had this issue once and I had to open the ini file and reset some of the settings. Redownloading the game doesn't reset the ini. Keep on rocking in the free world.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Resolution issue? I think I had this issue once and I had to open the ini file and reset some of the settings. Redownloading the game doesn't reset the ini. Keep on rocking in the free world.
Tried that. After I deleted the ini file it generated a new one but the resolution was 0x0, changed that but it's still just silently crashing after a 2-3 second white screen.

Apparently the game should generate both an audiodump and videodump text file. Not getting audiodump, so that points to it crashing before the game can initialize anything audio related, but it seems to be getting through video fine.

Found the issue, somehow there is a hardware compatibility issue with the Dolphinbar of all things. Recently got one, and the game works fine with it unplugged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Kenny "Fucking" Powers!
8mdS.gif

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Probably in for that pack at some point. Hope the last song is Promises in the Dark. You Better Run would also be a fun choice.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I continue to be bewildered by dynamic difficulty. One song will throw a bunch of barre chords I'm incapable of even forming at me, then next gives me single notes in place of simple power chords.

And then there was this.

JFvD0Sw.jpg

90% of the song I'm thinking "it could bump the difficulty up a little" and then it does that.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
If any of the songs are from the Blue album I'll buy them.

Looks like we'll get the obligatory three weeks of decent content in December then.