• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Got an email that their was a Pat Benatar pack. Bought that. Still working at the guitar on the Jackson I got late summer. Slower progress than the bass but its cleaning up my fretwork on bass as I practice.

Really eager to play this new pack.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Only a three pack for the final one of the year?

Crazy is a pass, Elevator is a Wishlist for rainy day and I await the final track, hoping for something from their Rocks album.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Never posted in this OT, so sorry for storming in with opinion...

I always loved the concept of Rocksmith, but I always felt like there was a noticeable delay for me and it prevented me from getting into it. I'm chiefly a rhythm guitarist, but also folk-style finger picking (e.g., like 60s paul simon ish). I've always wanted to use Rocksmith to help learn proper lead, but the delay for me was such a massive turnoff... I think it was a mix of my setup (had an old 2.1 system + Plasma TV), but I'm never quite sure.

Is there a "Definitive guide" to setup rocksmith or anything anywhere? I'd happily get back into it.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Never posted in this OT, so sorry for storming in with opinion...

I always loved the concept of Rocksmith, but I always felt like there was a noticeable delay for me and it prevented me from getting into it. I'm chiefly a rhythm guitarist, but also folk-style finger picking (e.g., like 60s paul simon ish). I've always wanted to use Rocksmith to help learn proper lead, but the delay for me was such a massive turnoff... I think it was a mix of my setup (had an old 2.1 system + Plasma TV), but I'm never quite sure.

Is there a "Definitive guide" to setup rocksmith or anything anywhere? I'd happily get back into it.

Use your 2.1 via optical or HDMI, use your TV on a PC mode setting to switch off any screen fx. There's a slider in the options to compensate delay with.

I should say I moved from PS3 to PS4 and always felt like the PS3 version performed better (less buggy, less lag, better detection).

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Aerosmith Pack 2:

Crazy
Love in an Elevator
Train Kept a Rollin'

Bit of a meh way to end the year to be honest. Only three songs none of them essential (and Aerosmith do have some really fun stuff).

Will 2020 be the year of a new Rocksmith to launch alongside the PS5 and Xbox Series X? Here's hoping.

If I'm not in here before, hope you all enjoy your break, all the best!

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Aerosmith Pack 2:

Crazy
Love in an Elevator
Train Kept a Rollin'

Bit of a meh way to end the year to be honest. Only three songs none of them essential (and Aerosmith do have some really fun stuff).

Will 2020 be the year of a new Rocksmith to launch alongside the PS5 and Xbox Series X? Here's hoping.

If I'm not in here before, hope you all enjoy your break, all the best!
I'd buy at PS5 just for Rocksmith 3

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. Already have a cold, my dumbass president may have started a war and just found out that I more than likely contracted bedbugs from the hotel I stayed at on NYE.
Fuuuuck bed bugs. My ex and I moved into a rented flat around a decade ago and soon realised we weren't living alone. We got through two different exterminators. I hate those damn things.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Already have a cold, my dumbass president may have started a war and just found out that I more than likely contracted bedbugs from the hotel I stayed at on NYE.
Look on the bright side, stew. At least we have a new RS to look forward to! oh yeah never mind about that.
We will always have each other, yes all 5-7 of us here.

To add to your bug story, when I was just a wee impressionable lad working at a sandwich shop, my manager complained that people were using too much toilet paper in the bathroom.

He told us in no uncertain terms: Don'cha bother to put paper on the seat, cause a good healthy crab can jump ten feet.

It was at this moment I knew this wasn't the career for me.

happy new year!

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Look on the bright side, stew. At least we have a new RS to look forward to! oh yeah never mind about that.
We will always have each other, yes all 5-7 of us here.

To add to your bug story, when I was just a wee impressionable lad working at a sandwich shop, my manager complained that people were using too much toilet paper in the bathroom.

He told us in no uncertain terms: Don'cha bother to put paper on the seat, cause a good healthy crab can jump ten feet.

It was at this moment I knew this wasn't the career for me.

happy new year!
Yeah, this small crew makes up about 25% of my weekly posting on this site even if it's just complaining. We have a good little thing going here so it's not so bad that we don't have to deal with a ton of the same old questions if a new game were to come out. So yeah... Happy New Year. At the very least we'll have new consoles... heard a little something about those earlier this week and way more than I'm supposed to know on some new stuff to come that I can't share... (just like Toy can't on RS stuff... that jerk!)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this small crew makes up about 25% of my weekly posting on this site even if it's just complaining. We have a good little thing going here so it's not so bad that we don't have to deal with a ton of the same old questions if a new game were to come out. So yeah... Happy New Year. At the very least we'll have new consoles... heard a little something about those earlier this week and way more than I'm supposed to know on some new stuff to come that I can't share... (just like Toy can't on RS stuff... that jerk!)
o.0

ok well you know my PM box is always available ; )

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
That is a really really really really really bad song

Mellencamp is one of those names I've definitely heard, but I don't think he was ever particularly big over here so he's passed me by. Doesn't seem like I missed much. I recognise Jack and Diane and yeah, it's really x5 bad.

Edit - Infernostew according to Wikipedia, Mick Ronson plays guitar on J&D. This was around the time Bowie put out Scary Monsters, so quite the downgrade for him.

Last edited:

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Haim next week. I'll spare you the latest opportunity to complain about the really good female acts that still haven't made the game.