• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I think out of the next rocksmith I would really like a way to share a code that would be a custom tone. There are good tone out there, but bad ones as well. With a custom tone code we could all share some fun stuff.

Easier tone shaping in general, as well. A way to disengage a pedal would be killer, without having to have it take up a custom preset.

In other words, more tone.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I really hope they announce a new RS next year... it' well overdue and there's so much content they could add even though RS2014 had a lot of good improvements over RS1. I would also love a career mode of some kind.

Last edited:

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
It's a really dull suggestion, but I think a download manager would be welcome - I've bought so much DLC over the years that I forget lots of it. It would be really helpful to be able to see a chart of what you own and what is/isn't installed. Much easier than messing about with the PS4 store anyway.

PS5 will be out by the time they make RS3 at this rate.

Oh, according to my 'PS4 Life' thing, RS2014 is my most played game (306 hours - and that's not including the PS3 version I had before it) with my "and it wasn't a fluke" trophy being my rarest. 306 hours and still a mediocre guitarist :-(

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's a really dull suggestion, but I think a download manager would be welcome - I've bought so much DLC over the years that I forget lots of it. It would be really helpful to be able to see a chart of what you own and what is/isn't installed. Much easier than messing about with the PS4 store anyway.

PS5 will be out by the time they make RS3 at this rate.
I'd buy a PS5 day 1 if it launched on it.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Rolling Stones Pack

Sympathy for the Devil
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Should be a fun pack, stoked to finally get Shelter. Sympathy is the only track that's in E standard though, Open E's n' G's abound...

toymachinesh

Oct 27, 2017
The Rolling Stones - $9.99

* The Rolling Stones "Brown Sugar"|Lead/Rhythm [Open G] | Alt. Rhythm [Open D] | Bass [E Standard] -
* The Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter"|Lead/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Open E] -
* The Rolling Stones "Jumpin' Jack Flash"|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] | Alt. Lead [Open E] -
* The Rolling Stones "Sympathy For The Devil"|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] -

https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmi...-keith-richards-mick-jagger-guitar-bass-1968/

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Well, Santa's been.

IMG-8653.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/x1Jg0Zf/IMG-8653.jpg

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017

Yep. It's the new Mexican 'Player' range, so it's not insanely expensive (cost me just under £600). Lets see if it helps me rise above my mediocrity!

It doesn't have as many switches on it as your standard Jag, as far as I can tell the small (barely visible in the photo) switch above the strings splits the coil on the bridge pickup. I've christened it with a quick round of 'smith, but I still need to spend some proper time with it. Definitely a step up from my budget Gretsch.

Stew - I sold my Nintendo Switch to pay the deposit - don't tell anyone here I did that or my Era credentials will be revoked ;-)

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Stew - I sold my Nintendo Switch to pay the deposit - don't tell anyone here I did that or my Era credentials will be revoked ;-)
Rocksmith would be perfect for Switch! ....that's how they do it, right? Well, one less person port begging up threads is fine by me (not that you were doing it anyway). Might as well wait for the more powerful revision like me if you decide to buy it again.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Just popping in to wish you all a happy Christmas break, before the drinking begins in earnest at my end, as I'll likely not get another chance to.

See you on the other side!

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Echoing what Ghosts said. Merry Christmas and/or Happy New Year to everyone here. Personally, this year for me has been one of tons of playing improvement and hitting some, small, personal goals. Here's to another year of great DLC packs, awful DLC packs and hopefully a RS3 announcement. Cheers!

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a modified vintage 70's squier strat. Need someone to talk me out of it fast AF.

Edit: I just bought a G&L JB—2 about 3 weeks ago. I am having major guitar envy With no good reason, except that it is pretty damn sexy for a $299 guitar.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
You got me, I followed the path of most rock. Wife is not as excited as I am lol.

Although I really liked the looks of that modified vintage Squier strat, it just felt a bit squishy when I played it. I could feel a little give to it if I squeezed it. That just bugs me. Intonation was sport on, but the tuners sucked.

I ended up purchasing a guitar that I had my eye on but was much more than I wanted to spend. This morning it became Musicians Friend's "Stupid Deal of the Day", and all remaining willpower melted. $150 bucks off and no tax.

Picked up a G&L Tribute Legacy in Irish Ale with Nyatoh body and Brazilian Cherry fingerboard. This makes 3 G&L's but I have never played on this body wood (supposedly mahogany-like) or fretboard wood (just softer than ebony). PUPs are Alnico V, same as on the American line (supposedly lol). 22 frets. If its anything like y other G&L's I won't be disappointed.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Torn -- tempted to get for the XBox One as I'm more likely to play it on that than my PC. I'm assuming, however, that any DLC purchased on one isn't recognized on the other platforms, right?

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Luckily we were able to carry over DLC from the previous gen but it was limited to each platform. So if we see a Rocksmith next gen, I'll be able to carry over my songs to the next playstation and xbox owners will be able to do the same which is cool.
That's great. Also, if a pack doesn't explicitly state bass is bass not included? Or is bass supported on everything? I think it was the Rush II song pack that didn't state bass was included (but Rush I did).

Edit: Oh, and if buy the Rocksmith import DLC do I have to own Rocksmith (the original) and it is just a key that lets me bring them forward, or will it let me have the songs even if I don't own Rocksmith (I do own it, but previously only on Steam and I've moved to XBox One). Thanks!

Edit 2: Looks like I must have owned Rocksmith previously. Bummer.

Edit 3: Woooo I forgot I had bought Rocksmith for the 360 at one time, so I'm guessing I can use that import tool to import those songs not only into Rocksmith 2014 but also it'll work going from 360 to One?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That's great. Also, if a pack doesn't explicitly state bass is bass not included? Or is bass supported on everything? I think it was the Rush II song pack that didn't state bass was included (but Rush I did).

Edit: Oh, and if buy the Rocksmith import DLC do I have to own Rocksmith (the original) and it is just a key that lets me bring them forward, or will it let me have the songs even if I don't own Rocksmith (I do own it, but previously only on Steam and I've moved to XBox One). Thanks!

Edit 2: Looks like I must have owned Rocksmith previously. Bummer.

Edit 3: Woooo I forgot I had bought Rocksmith for the 360 at one time, so I'm guessing I can use that import tool to import those songs not only into Rocksmith 2014 but also it'll work going from 360 to One?
Every song has a bass track. I'm not too sure how the import pack works but I think you need to buy the import pack on 360 and then download it from the xbox store on Xbox One. Do you still have your 360? The import pack is pretty much a must imo.

Last edited:

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Happy New Year Rocksmith Era!

Our first DLC pack of the New Year is... (drum roll)

Chuck Berry

• Johnny B Goode
???
???

This is one of those packs where I respect it more than I have any urge to buy it. Much better start to the year than Mumford & Sons was though.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Happy New Year Rocksmith Era!

Our first DLC pack of the New Year is... (drum roll)

Chuck Berry

• Johnny B Goode
???
???

This is one of those packs where I respect it more than I have any urge to buy it. Much better start to the year than Mumford & Sons was though.
Cool, I guess. This is one of those packs I don't care all that much about but might be a decent grab after a few weeks of awful selections.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
just bought R2014 from the past sale. is there a site that could browse through the DLC easier with bass tuning info?

I currently use the store in-game to search for songs.

toymachinesh

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Please lord tell me some good soul is putting together customs from DJ Cummerbund mashups.

DJ CUMMERBUND MASHUP PLAYLIST
Rick James Super Freak lyrics mashed up to Foo Fighters Pretenders?
Super creepy version of Mad World with the lyrics of Stacys mom?
Dio's Holy Diver to the Ricky Martin's Livin La Vida Loca?
Sound of Silence with Smash Mouth?
Lots of random Macho Man inserts and breakdowns using Roundabout and Cotton Eye Joe out of nowhere?

YES. Lords above and below give me a rocksmith custom of this great time to play along to.

toymachinesh

Oct 27, 2017
some of those would never be allowed on CustomsForge since they contain elements of songs that are Official DLC

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm at the 'comfortable not knowing' clue. That suggests 'Ignorance is bliss' to me. A google brings up Ramones, Living Colour, QoTSA (3's & 7's though, already in), TV on the Radio, Machine Head and many other acts. My money is Ramones because we never had a full pack.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hmm at the 'comfortable not knowing' clue. That suggests 'Ignorance is bliss' to me. A google brings up Ramones, Living Colour, QoTSA (3's & 7's though, already in), TV on the Radio, Machine Head and many other acts. My money is Ramones because we never had a full pack.
I would be in for a Ramones pack put all their songs are just strumming 3-4 power chords.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah you know where you are with a Ramones song for sure. Wouldn't mind I Wanna Be Sedated though.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
As I placed her back in the stand, I kissed my 3 week old G&L Legacy Tribute tonight. Just a moment ago, in fact. Never kissed a guitar before. Just though I would share this small nugget of bizzaro-land happenings.

Last edited: