• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
rsmith2014-remastered-search-v2-THUMB_Mobile_266033.jpg

• Release Date: October 4th 2016
  • Developer: Ubisoft San Francisco
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Platforms: PS4, XBOX One, PC & Mac
  • Prices: Retail (PS4, XBOX One, PC & Mac) - $59.99 (Includes Real Tone Cable) / Digital (PSN, XBL & Steam) - $39.99
rs-remastered-boxshots-fan_260857.png

What is Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered?
Essentially, Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered is just a rerelease of Rocksmith 2014 with 6 extra DLC songs included so they could resell the game in 2016 but was also released as a free patch to previous Rocksmith 2014 owners. Rocksmith 2014 Edition was released in 2013 on PS3, XBOX 360, PC and Mac and was later ported to PS4 and XBOX One in 2014. Rocksmith allowed it's users to plug their guitar or bass into their PC or consoles using the use of the Real Tone cable, a USB cable that connects to the standard 1⁄4 in (6.35 mm) output jack and play along with songs, play mini-games, take interactive guitar and/or bass lessons or mess around in session mode. With the latest version of Rocksmith you are also able to play with an acoustic guitar with the use of a microphone selected in the input menus.

Features:

Riff Repeater
Allows the ability to play back, slow down and practice any section of a song that you want to improve on or master. Easily the most helpful tool for those wanting to get better.
2N1jzvu.jpg

Lessons
Take various interactive lessons on guitar and bass techniques.
0jp0UAo.jpg

Guitarcade
Play up to 11 technique mini-games or try your luck at getting the high score in Score Attack mode which is centered around clearing songs but if you fail 3 sections and you're out!
Guitarcade-Return-to-Castle-Chordead.jpg

Session Mode
Jam with a backing band or just practice on your own. You can do whatever you want in this space.
NitBbwm.jpg

Base Game Songs:
Aerosmith – Walk This Way
Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy
Alice in Chains – Stone
Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?
Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country
B'z – Ultra Soul
Bob Dylan – Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Three Little Birds
Boston – Peace of Mind
Bush – Machinehead
The Dear Hunter – Stuck On a Wire Out On a Fence
Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me (2012)
Deftones – My Own Summer (Shove It)
EarlyRise – Wasteland
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Fang Island – Chompers
Foo Fighters – Everlong
fun. - Some Nights
Gold Motel – Brand New Kind of Blue
Green Day – X-Kid
Iron Maiden – The Trooper
Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
JAWS – Stay In
Joe Satriani – Satch Boogie
The Kinks – You Really Got Me
KISS – Rock and Roll All Nite
La Sera – Love That's Gone
Magic Wands – Black Magic
Mastodon – Blood and Thunder
Minus The Bear – Cold Company
Monster Truck – Sweet Mountain River
Muse – Knights of Cydonia
Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
Oasis – Don't Look Back in Anger
Outkast - Hey Ya!
Pantera – Cemetery Gates
Paramore – Now
PAWS – Sore Tummy
The Police – Every Breath You Take
Queen – We Are the Champions
R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
Radiohead – Paranoid Android
The Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop
RATT – Round and Round
Red Fang – Wires
Rise Against – Savior
The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black
Rush – Spirit of Radio
Screaming Females – Rotten Apple
The Shins – For a Fool
Slayer – War Ensemble
The Smashing Pumpkins – The Chimera
Splashh – All I Wanna Do
System of a Down – Hypnotize
Tak Matsumoto – Go Further
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Mary Jane's Last Dance
Train - Drops of Jupiter
Weezer – Say It Ain't So
White Zombie – Thunder Kiss '65
The Who – My Generation

Unlockable Bonus Songs:
Aching Head - Self-Destruct
Bedowyn - Snarling of Beasts
Crimson - Don't Stop
Disonaur - Sea to Swallow
Hail The Sun – Eight-Ball, Coroner's Pocket
Karawan – Desolate Motion (UPlay Exclusive)
Matt Montgomery, Brian McCune, Brendan West - On Top of the World
Playground Kings - Self Trap
Sabaka - Monochromic
Ubisoft - Rocksmith 2012 Theme
Versus Them - Impossible Dreams

Paid DLC Songs Added Weekly (Hundreds of Songs and Packs)

Learn More!
Ubisoft Rocksmith Forum - Connect with the developers and official Rocksmith community members
The Riff Repeater - The ultimate Rocksmith fan site
Justin Guitar - Useful guitar lesson guide for learning and practicing outside of Rocksmith

Come rock with us. Discussion includes our hopes and dreams for weekly DLC, overall progress using Rocksmith and questions, problems or concerns with Rocksmith that may arise. We're here to help so don't hesitate to ask.
5TeKcG7.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
DLC for 10/24/17

Variety Pack XII – $9.99

Colin Hay of Men At Work - "Down Under" – Alt. Lead [E Standard]
DragonForce - "Through The Fire and Flames" – Alt. Lead [E Standard]
Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" [E Standard]
Rusted Root - "Send Me On My Way" [E Standard]

Last edited:

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I'm glad I won't be chatting with myself on here. Bummer I couldn't message 31GhostsIV before he was banned. I PMed toymachine to see if he was coming and about building an OT here but he didn't respond.
I think more will get the word soon and come on over.

EDIT: 31GhostsIV was looking for a discord link anyway, so he will probably find his way over.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully we will see some better DLC than what we have had in the past month or more.

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Good work on the new thread.

I haven't been playing in a while due to other hobbies taking the forefront, so playing this week was really bad.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Good work on the new thread.

I haven't been playing in a while due to other hobbies taking the forefront, so playing this week was really bad.
Thanks! Yeah, I've been playing pretty recently but I've taken some long breaks and definitely felt rusty.

Any news from those we left behind, stew?
Yes. Jumper and toymachine messaged me today about ResetEra. I told them to come check it out when public registration opens up. In the meantime, I touched up the OT a bit because hopefully we'll get some new people in here.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
source.gif
Nice OT Stew. Good to see you all over here..
My man! Hoping you'd make your way over here. Wanted to shoot you a PM after all the shit went down that I was planning on making an OT but you were banned before I could. I posted over at the other place to try and see if the rest of our small group would be coming over. We'll see once things go public.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for your attempts to get me over here Stew, unfortunately I was a bit too hasty getting my account nuked and in hindsight should have checked in with the Rocksmith community first. I'm sure Toy and Xyber will find their way here at some point? Hopefully the RSEra community will grow a bit too.

Hi also to my roman numeral brother III-V and XShagrath, and also welcome to newcomer (assuming it's not a name change) Xpike

Any rumours regarding this year's halloween DLC?

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Thanks for your attempts to get me over here Stew, unfortunately I was a bit too hasty getting my account nuked and in hindsight should have checked in with the Rocksmith community first. I'm sure Toy and Xyber will find their way here at some point? Hopefully the RSEra community will grow a bit too.

Hi also to my roman numeral brother III-V and XShagrath, and also welcome to newcomer (assuming it's not a name change) Xpike

Any rumours regarding this year's halloween DLC?
I posted on there, "If you guys plan on shipping out, I have it all set up." Xyber replied. "Guess I might as well board the boat." toy didn't seem to know much about what was going on and asked me if this was the new forum after I pmed him yesterday before making the OT. Jumper also pmed me. Both toy and jumper, maybe Xyber, are going to have to wait until the site opens up to the public. I've been cryptic not to get banned so I can get some people over here but once they see my last couple posts and PMs, I'm sure they'll nuke me.

Haven't heard anything about DLC but I'm always the last to know. So post it when you find out!

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
I'll drop in tomorrow evening (UK time) with DLC info (assuming the Ubi forum solves the cryptic clue nonsense). I need to get some sleep now (it's past midnight here) but I'll see you all then...

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That's pretty awesome! That should be the lowest tuning we've seen so far. Most of their tunes are in B-standard.

Is that gonna be a full pack, or another variety/genre pack?
toymachine said 5 pack with "Twilight of the Thunder God" being the first announced track.

Never heard of the band and I'm not a metal guy so pass for this week.

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
toymachine said 5 pack with "Twilight of the Thunder God" being the first announced track.

Never heard of the band and I'm not a metal guy so pass for this week.
It's definitely in my wheelhouse. I've seen them in concert three times now. Twilight's their most well-known song, so it's not surprising that'd be in there. It's a really good one though.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely in my wheelhouse. I've seen them in concert three times now. Twilight's their most well-known song, so it's not surprising that'd be in there. It's a really good one though.

I'm glad you're getting something you're really into this week, i'm hoping something that's more my cup o' tea turns up soon because it's been a while.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, kinda sad nothing really has appealed to me in recent weeks.
On the other, it's good because there's still a huge backlog of DLC I want.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Now, all we need is a new game already to get this community going again. :P

Work and other games have taken up so much of my time the last few months, have not had that much time to play RS or any guitar at all. :(

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Now, all we need is a new game already to get this community going again. :P

Work and other games have taken up so much of my time the last few months, have not had that much time to play RS or any guitar at all. :(

I'm in a really similar position - work's been busy, and I've managed to buy a house (and decorate it before moving in). Now my free time has eased up a little a new game announcement would be great, but I don't see it happening until at least E3... unless Ubi pulls a shocker at the Paris Games Show this week?

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in a really similar position - work's been busy, and I've managed to buy a house (and decorate it before moving in). Now my free time has eased up a little a new game announcement would be great, but I don't see it happening until at least E3... unless Ubi pulls a shocker at the Paris Games Show this week?

If they are gonna announce a new one I doubt it will be until E3 seeing how they just finished up South Park. I would hope that they have had a smaller team doing pre-production on a new one (which doesn't seem that unrealistic considering the survey they did a few months back). The remaster is already a very solid foundation to build on, so perhaps they could manage to get a game done by the end of next year.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh I completely forgot about the iOS version. I'm not particularly interested in jumping into RS on my iPhone though.

Could it be testing the waters for a ftp model for RS in the future?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Says Region-locked. Will only work in Russian and Eastern European countries.

Edit: Looks like there actually is no region-locked version of the game. A friend purchased here in the US and their code worked.
Dunno how Steam works but there's a risk that DLC bought in the US won't be compatible with a game bought from not the US.

*Probably* fine on PC, but this is an issue on PSN so I'd be a little wary at least.