• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Next week...

Variety Pack XX

Thin Lizzy - 'Whiskey in the Jar'
???
???

Whoops, add another three question marks

???

Last edited:

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Christ almighty, what a terrible pack overall. Thin Lizzy's OK I guess.

Variety Pack XX

Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar
Les Paul & Mary Frod - On the Sunny Side of the Street

and in what could be the worst entry to the RS catalogue since Sixpence None the Richer...

Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I think your own personal tastes are coloring your views on what sells and what doesn't. I have no access to sales numbers for the DLC, but some of these songs are clearly popular.

Breakfast at Tiffany's has 32M views on Youtube, whereas Teenage Dirtbag has 136M(!). Now, my pick of the week is definitely the Thin Lizzy track. The odd one out is the Les Paul song, which I'm fairly certain didn't cost much to license at all, so maybe they got it because there's a baseline of customers that buy all of the DLC.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It sucks that the majority of stuff that I would love to see would only be acceptable in a base game due to the songs not being close to hitting viable sales for a pack.

toymachinesh

Oct 27, 2017
Variety Pack XX – $9.99

* Deep Blue Something "Breakfast At Tiffany's"|Lead/Alt. Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
* Les Paul & Mary Ford "On The Sunny Side Of The Street"|Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] | Lead [Capo Required] –
* Thin Lizzy "Whiskey in the Jar"|Lead/Alt. Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
* Wheatus "Teenage Dirtbag"|Lead/Bass [E Standard] –

https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmi...d-deep-blue-something-thin-lizzy-guitar-bass/

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Were you an impressionable teen in the late 90's-2000? If not, you probably won't really have a soft spot for Breakfast at Tiffany's or Teenage Dirtbag.

I was 20 when Dirtbag came out. My step brother used to play that Wheatus album all the damn time.

The 'don't know what i'm missing' part was actually a response to Toy -

Oh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'
;-)

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
I was also 20 when dirtbag came out but I never heard this song in my life

Could you imagine a world without Teenage Dirtbag?

ywOpPB7.gif

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. No problem with Queen but didn't we recently have a Queen pack? Weird to see two artist packs so close together.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Queen III

• Somebody to Love
• Hammer to Fall
• I Want to Break Free

I'm sure Toy will drop by with tunings later.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
90's Mix Pack VI

• Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"
• ???
• ???

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm.. Monsters? Hopefully Monsters in the Parasol and QoTSA pack 2 (I'll happily accept Bowie's Scary Monsters too).

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it'll happen, but I'd be on board for a Sabaton pack with the "study up on your military history" hint.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Completely random thought, but I just searched the UK iOS app store for Rocksmith - is it still Canada only? Weird that it hasn't released properly yet.

Living in hope that 2019 is the year we finally get Rocksmith 3.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
When I Come Around?? About damn time! This is in danger of being a complete mixed pack that I buy, an RS first...

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, 2/3. But I have to say, with the sole exception of that song, Joan Osborne's 'Relish' is actually a good album. Everyone associates her with 'One of Us' but she was much better than that song might suggest. Underrated artist with a one hit wonder albatross around her neck.