• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
p3fPQCZl.jpg

this kills the hand

(disturbed - inside the fire)

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who is rocking bass now as well as guitar: I'm really waiting on Guns n' Roses and RHCP. Please at least just give me stuff off Appetite. :(

Wouldn't mind more Def Leppard too, even though those basslines are super basic. Hey, I need those confidence boosts!

Was it Rocksmith or RockBand/Guitar Hero that used to release entire albums at a time?

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who is rocking bass now as well as guitar: I'm really waiting on Guns n' Roses and RHCP. Please at least just give me stuff off Appetite. :(

Wouldn't mind more Def Leppard too, even though those basslines are super basic. Hey, I need those confidence boosts!

Was it Rocksmith or RockBand/Guitar Hero that used to release entire albums at a time?

Rocksmith has never released an entire album, and i've been waiting patiently for Appetite-era G n' R tracks since 2011. Now that they've reformed, and Slash and Duff are already in the game via Velvet Revolver and Slash's solo stuff, I don't see how GnR is so hard to pin down.

In the case of Def Leppard, they had a lot of legal issues with their old label - this actually lead to them re-recording Hysteria (?!), but I can see why there may be licensing problems there (same with Tool).

Generally though, It seems (to me) that Ubisoft, despite charging more to customers for songs than Rockband/Guitar Hero, is stingy as fuck when it comes to paying for the licensing for major acts.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Generally though, It seems (to me) that Ubisoft, despite charging more to customers for songs than Rockband/Guitar Hero, is stingy as fuck when it comes to paying for the licensing for major acts.
I think the biggest problem is that they don't have a new product to sell so it's not worth the money to license big for people to buy 5 and half year old game. If a new Rocksmith launches, I expect a lot of the highly requested stuff to be DLC either at launch or shortly after while a few songs being sprinkled in the base game.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
In a separate note, do you own T-Rex's 20th Century Boy on PS4? It doesn't work anymore. You start the song, and it just kicks you straight out to the score screen. i had a look on the Ubi forum and they're aware of this issue... but haven't fixed it months after the initial complaint.

Hopefully their nonchalance is because they're hard at work on a sequel.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
In a separate note, do you own T-Rex's 20th Century Boy on PS4? It doesn't work anymore. You start the song, and it just kicks you straight out to the score screen. i had a look on the Ubi forum and they're aware of this issue... but haven't fixed it months after the initial complaint.

Hopefully their nonchalance is because they're hard at work on a sequel.
I own the song but probably haven't played it in years. I love the song itself but it's way too easy so it's not really worth the time to tune for it.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
I own the song but probably haven't played it in years. I love the song itself but it's way too easy so it's not really worth the time to tune for it.

Yeah I hear you - it's in one of those weird 'just a tiny bit higher than standard tuning' tunings. It's a fun song though, and I don't want Ubi to avoid fixing it, which let's be honest isn't beyond them.

This week's act isn't my cuppa, however the first song's glossy metal production reminds me of Rammstein, another act i'm astounded hasn't made it into the game somehow.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yeah I hear you - it's in one of those weird 'just a tiny bit higher than standard tuning' tunings. It's a fun song though, and I don't want Ubi to avoid fixing it, which let's be honest isn't beyond them.
Yeah, Ubisoft and fixing things... especially when it comes to Rocksmith... I dunno. I hope so too. Maybe they'll abandon 2014 and launch RS3 with all the fixes... maybe.

Never heard of Ghost Division

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
That's a really solid pack. I wouldn't have minded something from the newest album, but glad they didn't include anything off Heroes (which a lot of people love).

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Next week Rocksmith scrapes the bottom of the barrel with Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne in a 2000's mix pack. Yuck.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Get well soon Stew!

My top 3 isn't really long shots so much as 'how are they not in the game yet?

1. Nick Cave
2. Sleater-Kinney
3. PJ Harvey

I'm currently really enjoying the new HEALTH and Sharon Van Etten albums, not sure if the latter is a good RS fit but the former certainly is.

OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
My top 3 how are these not in the game yet are

1. Dead Kennedys
2. Descendents
3. Arcade Fire

Haven't been listening to much new stuff although the new PUP album comes out the beginning of April so I'll be listening to that whenever it leaks in anticipation for seeing them at the end of that month. Mostly listening to Iron Chic, The Babies, Laura Jane Grace & The Devouring Mothers, Jay Reatard and Murder By Death... so nothing really unusual for me tastes.

This song needs to be in Rocksmith and uncensored...

Last edited:

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, what a pack.

2000's Mix Pack

Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom
Blink 182 - Always
Drowning Pool - Bodies

sucks.gif

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out that just playing songs is way better for learning and getting comfortable with the instrument than doing the lessons. I gave up at legato before, now a few months later I skipped it and did a few more lessons, palm mutes is killing me. Trying to do that many notes that fast while going between different strings and frets with some notes being palm mutes and some not, it's just too much.

For whatever reason, I didn't expect the songs to start out as easy as they do. The bottom rung of the difficulty scale is almost silly, but I appreciate that it considers people as uncoordinated as me. Only played the first few "recommended" songs a few times, but they do a good job of gradually adding some new elements in a manageable way. But most importantly they were fun, while lessons felt like work. I'd look at my guitar before and think about playing Rocksmith but didn't feel motivated to do it. Now I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to play some more.

On another note, I'm a little disappointed that Rocksmith doesn't have 5 string bass support, since I have a bass and it's a 5 string. I know I can use it as a 4 string but it would be nice to naturally incorporate the B string. Not worried about that for now though, sticking with guitar for the time being.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out that just playing songs is way better for learning and getting comfortable with the instrument than doing the lessons. I gave up at legato before, now a few months later I skipped it and did a few more lessons, palm mutes is killing me. Trying to do that many notes that fast while going between different strings and frets with some notes being palm mutes and some not, it's just too much.

For whatever reason, I didn't expect the songs to start out as easy as they do. The bottom rung of the difficulty scale is almost silly, but I appreciate that it considers people as uncoordinated as me. Only played the first few "recommended" songs a few times, but they do a good job of gradually adding some new elements in a manageable way. But most importantly they were fun, while lessons felt like work. I'd look at my guitar before and think about playing Rocksmith but didn't feel motivated to do it. Now I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to play some more.

On another note, I'm a little disappointed that Rocksmith doesn't have 5 string bass support, since I have a bass and it's a 5 string. I know I can use it as a 4 string but it would be nice to naturally incorporate the B string. Not worried about that for now though, sticking with guitar for the time being.
Thanks for this post. I made the plunge a few months back ad bought this game a long wit a guitar and day I was feeling pretty good but as soon as i hit a particularly tough lesson it made me feel useless and juts gave me that feeling of dread every time I look towards it. Maybe I should just play songs and hopefully make progress. I feel the same way as you. I feel like the most impossible uncoordinated person ever. Maybe it's time to pick her back up.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I would not focus too much on the lessons. Play songs, jam out in the session mode. You can learn guitar just by playing songs.

Learn your chords up and down the neck and you'll be unstoppable lol.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this post. I made the plunge a few months back ad bought this game a long wit a guitar and day I was feeling pretty good but as soon as i hit a particularly tough lesson it made me feel useless and juts gave me that feeling of dread every time I look towards it. Maybe I should just play songs and hopefully make progress. I feel the same way as you. I feel like the most impossible uncoordinated person ever. Maybe it's time to pick her back up.

Was hoping I wasn't the only person to think "lessons = learn to play," glad that helped someone. Lessons seem to be there to explain techniques, not to ease you into playing the instrument. Songs do a good job of easing you in.

Auto sightreading seems pretty iffy. Had to manually set it because auto somehow jumped to 4 and it made trying to play a new song impossible. Given the scale I assume that means new songs are starting out expecting me to hit around 40%, but I only have one song even above 30%.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Infernostew

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Got a new guitar today. Will post pictures when I get a chance.

edit:
4ANoROK.jpg

American Telecaster in Sherwood Green... new for the price of used. So, I've been eyeing this particular color for a while and didn't pull the trigger... I guess they discontinued the color at the end of last month so I was bummed that I could only get it used through my local major guitar retailer... so I pick up the guitar at the store today and there was still sticky plastic wrapping on the pick guard... and I saved like $220... I'm in love.

Last edited:

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Got a new guitar today. Will post pictures when I get a chance.

edit:
4ANoROK.jpg

American Telecaster in Sherwood Green... new for the price of used. So, I've been eyeing this particular color for a while and didn't pull the trigger... I guess they discontinued the color at the end of last month so I was bummed that I could only get it used through my local major guitar retailer... so I pick up the guitar at the store today and there was still sticky plastic wrapping on the pick guard... and I saved like $220... I'm in love.

That's a sweet-looking tele Stew, congratulations!

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
That is a great color on that tele. Have fun with that looks awesome.

Alright for Warren Zevon

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
The Clutch song sounded interesting until the horrible contrived post-Vedder voice kicked in. So nope, nothing for me either.