• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
E3sgcgPXwA85D-k

According to The Riff Repeater, the latest Gibson email blast fully revealed Rocksmith+, which apparently goes into PC closed beta today.

Rocksmith is Ubisoft's guitar teaching game. In April 2020, developer Ubisoft San Franchisco announced DLC for the original Rocksmith had come to an end, with the team moving on to a new project. Perhaps Rocksmith+ is it.

According to Gibson's email, Rocksmith+ is "an interactive music learning subscription service" that "takes the guesswork out of music mastery".

This new version of the game, the email reads, lets you "rock out with your favourite Gibson, Epiphone, and Kramer models".

There's word of "Riff Repeater", which lets you "control song speeds so you can practice at your own pace". There's an "expansive" library of songs, too.

www.eurogamer.net

Gibson email reveals Rocksmith+ ahead of Ubisoft E3 show

UPDATE: Ubisoft has announced Rocksmith+ during its Ubisoft Forward event.It's due out later this year. The debut trail…

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone actual learn to play guitar with this? I'm interested for myself and my daughter.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I just bought the wire thing after buying the 2014 version a while ago when it was on sale. Is this not going to have connectivity with the guitar? I mean definitely not the the acoustic. If no connectivity then is it just a software that let's you look a sheets at different speeds and you have to follow along?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to hear how they pronounce "A Ubisoft Original" in their presentation today

Soy Bob

Dec 3, 2018
Anyone actual learn to play guitar with this? I'm interested for myself and my daughter.

Yes. I'm not the best, and I haven't been the most dutiful player, but I can definitely bust out recognisable versions of songs.

Ubisoft are going to have to do something special to justify a subscription, especially as it's really easy to download custom DLC on the pc version of 2014

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
I just bought the wire thing after buying the 2014 version a while ago when it was on sale. Is this not going to have connectivity with the guitar? I mean definitely not the the acoustic. If no connectivity then is it just a software that let's you look a sheets at different speeds and you have to follow along?

The current game supports acoustic guitars by playing close to a microphone. I imagine this will be something similar.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
In order to get me to subscribe, they better have full Metallica and Pantera libraries.

Also, no midi keyboard support? Lame...

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
If it gets updated then a sub service kinda makes sense? It's like a gym. Part of the motivation is spending money.

But it really needs to provide enough to make that sub worthwhile.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
If it's as good as Rocksmith and Yousician together while having the whole library, why not?

I don't get the issue here
It's likely coming from people who wouldn't have interest in this regardless, I think subscription for what is essentially a teaching platform is sensible.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited, I stalled a little on my guitar playing and need something to get back into it. it makes sense that they would do it as a subscription with the other competition being that way. If it's free with Ubisoft plus or whatever that would be amazing.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
It's likely coming from people who wouldn't have interest in this regardless, I think subscription for what is essentially a teaching platform is sensible.

The few posts about it in the Rocksmith OT aren't exactly different, lol. Some people just don't like subscriptions and prefer to just buy tracks. Me inculded, I guess.

toymachinesh

Oct 27, 2017

Are you into twitch?

Check out these streamers

sirbythedoor
JokerTheAnarchist
TheJebusCorner
FrenchStallion
PizzaVibes

everyone of these people learned with JUST rocksmith. It does work if you put in the time and effort

Also of course Audrey123Talks

www.youtube.com

Raining Blood - Slayer cover

Slayer! Thanks so much for watching!Our Website: http://audrey123talks.com/Our Merch: https://audrey-and-kate-shop.fourthwall.com/Instagram: https://www.ins...

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
Subscription is a good path if it's for a reasonable price, there's just too much DLC and having access to all of them is not that bad.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the move to a subscription service doesn't mean that they'll delist the existing Rocksmith stuff.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I already own the games multiple times, but I'm just happy to see someone in the industry making a Rock and Guitar focused music game still.

If this subscription means you can play all current DLC, and that they keep making and releasing more DLC at a steady pace, that could be awesome.

I'd probably subscribe to a Rock Band version of this if it was reasonably priced, and I'd definitely consider checking this out for a month here and there.

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
I used Rocksmith to help me brush up and get back into playing bass back in 2015. I'm 100% down for this, I think a subscription service honestly makes more sense than a boxed game for something like this if I'm going to be honest.

I wonder how they're going to handle the need for cords/converters to plug guitars into systems and PCs for this beta and for the actual release if it's all sub based though.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
If I hadn't already spent a bunch on songs in Rocksmith on the PS4 I would be down for this...maybe. I only stopped playing because my brother took his guitar when he moved out and I haven't looked for another one since. If I'm still able to buy a few songs that released back then I think I'll stick with that since I still have everything. If I missed out on those songs because the service was shut down or something....we'll see. Really depends on the songs you can learn to play...

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I've put so, so, so many hours into Rocksmith on PC (customs really help the longevity here) and it's actually gotten me to improve my playing quite a bit. Especially over the last few months since I started my Vyvanse.

Not sure if this will be better, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Are you into twitch?

Check out these streamers

sirbythedoor
JokerTheAnarchist
TheJebusCorner
FrenchStallion
PizzaVibes

everyone of these people learned with JUST rocksmith. It does work if you put in the time and effort

Also of course Audrey123Talks

www.youtube.com

Raining Blood - Slayer cover

Slayer! Thanks so much for watching!Our Website: http://audrey123talks.com/Our Merch: https://audrey-and-kate-shop.fourthwall.com/Instagram: https://www.ins...
I will need to check these out, that's good to know. Will check this out as she wants to play guitar and idk where to start to get her started plus can finally learn after buying a guitar and putting it off so long, thanks.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
How do you claim over 4 million people when it's just based on copies sold and there's potentially a lot of crossover between games.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Listing specific supported guitar models doesn't bode well for compatibility. Rocksmith 2014 supports literally anything, you don't even need the USB cable. It'll be pretty dumb if this isn't somehow backwards compatible with old DLC too.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017

I recently got into it, and if you have 0 knowledge on how to play guitar it is really good (assuming you are talking about the latest rocksmith game). The tutorials are great and playing together with someone (I play with my wife, shes the one learning from 0) is super fun.

Also, Forums - CustomsForge Forums opens a whole new world. Custom songs for free. Send me a PM if you need help or have deeper questions.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Listing specific supported guitar models doesn't bode well for compatibility. Rocksmith 2014 supports literally anything, you don't even need the USB cable. It'll be pretty dumb if this isn't somehow backwards compatible with old DLC too.

I can't think of any way they'd be able to limit you. They're probably referring to models in game?