• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
DoLMPTH.gif

I can't tell if it looks worse.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
What about the PS3?

It was downgraded in the graphics department and the framerate. Yet, they never fixed that.
Never heard that about the PS3 / 360 versions and looking it up on Google only shows the PS4 downgrade. Could you be misremembering the game? I'll try to search some more too

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily a bug. Found an old comparison from a patch in November where they started messing with the graphics.

hN7oC5v.png

fizie_reddeadredemptib8cbq.jpg

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm on vacation right now and can't play it, but I am near the end. I thought it looked and ran great on the Xbox One X.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sad to see if really confirmed.
RDR2 pre-patch was the best looking game technically on base consoles.

Hope they backtrack on this.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
AMbient Occlusion looks different - I am not sure if it is a downgrade? Mayb e they thought the radius was too big? It is good to think about these things before saying stuff.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard that about the PS3 / 360 versions and looking it up on Google only shows the PS4 downgrade. Could you be misremembering the game? I'll try to search some more too
No I am not. Infact I installed the PS3 version a couple of months ago for my brother. The difference is noticable before and after the update and could be seen easily.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
So for those of us who already upgraded no path back to the previous build right?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Based off the fact it seems the game's graphics were downgraded already with 1.03 then i think its intentional. I guess they wanted to improve the frame rate? Maybe leave some headroom for future additional updates?

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I uninstall this on my Xbox One X and reinstall it and turn off updates to revert back to 1.00?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
What in the name of fuck?

Ok Rockstar time to spend some of that pile of gold you're sitting on on your customers. Fix this shit asap. Jesua Christ.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Based off the fact it seems the game's graphics were downgraded already with 1.03 then i think its intentional. I guess they wanted to improve the frame rate? Maybe leave some headroom for future additional updates?
From what I am reading on GTA Forums it seems to play at a worse framerate. I am thinking the framerate in particular is a bug.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yeah, some people have played the 1.00 and say that draw distance and pop-in got downgraded patch by patch, someone say that there are less people too in the cities.

I noticed an huge change in pop-in from 1.05 to 1.06, with foliage and shadows pop-in and change shapes at close range.
Sadly there is no way to do comparisons other then 1.00 to 1.06.
[I play on PS4 Pro at 1080p]

Dark1x do you think it's worth do to some tests in regard?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No I am not. Infact I installed the PS3 version a couple of months ago for my brother. The difference is noticable before and after the update and could be seen easily.
Searching on both Google and GTA Forums brings no results. You must have a really good eyesight to be the only person on Earth to notice a downgrade in a game that sold 30 million.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Searching on both Google and GTA Forums brings no results. You must have a really good eyesight to be the only person on Earth to notice a downgrade in a game that sold 30 million.
I would have made a video if I had the tools but I am sure of what I am talking about. The only thing I can recommend is trying the game on PS3 with the patch and without.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
These image comparisons are worthless unless they're taken at exactly the same time of day with exactly the same weather. This is a big nothingburger.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Well so much for continuing my play through today...
Gladly I started playing by 1.03 and obscured any RDR2 discussion until I finished the game.
Sometimes ignorance is a bless :'D

The ambient occlusion isn't turned off btw but less pronounced.
BTW in this regard I don't think nothing is changed since the 28/11 patch, so you can continue playing as you have done in those days.

Equanimity maybe put my post about the 1.03 in the OP so people that doesn't go through the topic have more context.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
From what I am reading on GTA Forums it seems to play at a worse framerate. I am thinking the framerate in particular is a bug.
Ah well frame rate drop must be a bug. Rockstar fix that lmao

rockstar downgrading the game so the next gen version will look better..

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks perfectly fine to me, I don't see the downgrade I'm afraid.

Probably helps performance which is good stuff.