• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

So yeah if you hoped to play GTA Remasters on any other Rockstar game on PC good luck.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Dealing with this launcher is such a headache. Crazy to think if their service goes down, you can't download or play any of the new GTA Trilogy while waiting for them to fix things. I know I should've waited for a Steam launch, but the hype did me in. Pay your money, wait for services to go back up so you can play single player games :/

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Who told them to launch their own desktop client without an Offline mode..

I swear these companies are so backward and just rush for that 100% cut.

Actually launcher has offline mode but for example you get this when you start RDR2

jBYvJTO.png

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
if only there was a way to predownload games so their servers wouldn't have been hit hard at the same time.

If only.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
It's good that they force you to use their shitty launcher on Steam too so you just can't play the games you own. Very cool stuff.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Good to know that I can't play their games if their servers are down or my internet is down. That's bullshit

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I love R* games, but fuck RGL and DRM. Greed and incompetence is a bad combination. Will continue buying their games on Steam only as they don't deserve their 100% cut and I refuse to support their approach to digital distribution on PC.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Game got pirated, so pirates sre already playing the game while legit owners can't even download it.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Hope GTA Trilogy comes to Steam and Epic eventually. Rockstar must know that it makes more sense to have it available everywhere. Just trying to herd everyone to the launcher is dumb.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would still holdout for the Steam, Epic or GoG version. It'll come with their shitty launcher.

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
All these shitty fucking launchers, such a hassle, locking me out of the Steam version RDR2 singleplayer because the Rockstar Launcher is a barely functioning piece of junk that isn't allowing me to go into the offline mode without re-authenticating with the servers.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I would really like to see people push against this always online BS and not just saying "it's fine everyone has internet these days".

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Jeez I didn't even realize it was down, I installed the Rockstar Launcher for the first time and kept getting a weird error.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is so disappointing and frustrating. I would like to be able to play this at some point. Insanity.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
12 hours from now, can't access to my review copy. Thank you, Rockstar Games.
They don't want reviewers to look too closely

892f7758-5ea5-4e37-8h2j1j.jpeg

"AR Guitars" lmao

Apparently there is lots of stuff like this in the game, I wonder if the translation/upscaling of textures was outsourced to a company in non-natively english speaking country, or done by machine learning or what.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

"AR Guitars" lmao

Apparently there is lots of stuff like this in the game, I wonder if the translation/upscaling of textures was outsourced to a company in non-natively english speaking country, or done by machine learning or what.

my guess is they AI upscaled it and the original is so low quality that it misinterpreted text (blended the I with the stem of the R, etc.)

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Whether it was AI or outsourced, did they really have no time for proof checking? The development of these titles must be one hell of a story.

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I'm saying. It reeks of them AI upscaling without then doing the necessary quality control. Basically, they cheaped out.

Yeah that looks like they just let the upscaler run and didn't bother to check much of the results, I mean there are a ton of these to check so a few that get missed isn't surprising, I don't know how much of the stuff is bad..... But yeah it seems that they didn't want to invest to much in these remasters and get them out to make some money.

The Rockstar launcher is just bad and one of the reasons I still didn't buy RDR2

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

"AR Guitars" lmao

Holy crap, there's so much wrong with this one store front alone.

- The guitars are missing.
- Guitar Wank Booths Available -> Guitarhenk Booths Avaiable.
- Air Guitar -> AR Guitar.
- No apostrophe in the title and just the general art design and fonts being completely unfaithful.

I never played these games but damn, if I ever do maybe I should just play the originals on my CRT.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Holy crap, there's so much wrong with this one store front alone.

- The guitars are missing.
- Guitar Wank Booths Available -> Guitarhenk Booths Avaiable.
- Air Guitar -> AR Guitar.
- No apostrophe in the title and just the general art design and fonts being completely unfaithful.

I never played these games but damn, if I ever do maybe I should just play the originals on my CRT.
Yep I think I'll just stick to emulating the PS2 version, at least you'd get the full original soundtrack too.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I would really like to see people push against this always online BS and not just saying "it's fine everyone has internet these days".
I think that's the thing the "I have Internet" crowd forget--it's not just about your internet, but the other side as well. If their servers are down or they shut them off, you're beholden to whether they let you keep playing after their servers are down or not.

Last edited: