• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red dead redemption 2 exclusive anyone?

I am really tired of having so many launchers.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
jnkpsiI.gif

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Also, how long before someone datamines this and finds even more RDR 2 files? I give it 2 days tops.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should get started on a launcher to launch all those launchers. There's a real market there up for grabs.
GOG have already been doing this with Galaxy (not a launcher launcher, but a unified place to load games from, which is close enough).

It's a shame that corporate greed has got us into this annoying mess to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I thought this already existed?

Must have just been all the social club nonsense.
It did. They renamed Rockstar Social Club to Rockstar Games Launcher. It was a pretty funny launcher for a long time because it had only one game on it (GTA V), all their old games still had to be bought on Steam.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Rebranding from Social Club is a good choice. It was a weird name, though I kinda dug it.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
♫ Too many launchers will spoil the broth, but they'll fill our hearts with so much so much looooove ♫

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar wants the best share of money, no surprise here.

Oct 25, 2017
I deleted GTAV after a windows reinstall because it required registry edits just to get Social Club to recognize it.

So surely this wont be a clusterfuck

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god

I'm legit shocked it took this long

RDR2 PC is totally gonna be exclusive to this thing.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
RDR2 is gonna be exclusive to this thing, isn't it.

You bet your sweet ass it will be. This is the future, other developers will continue to follow suit. Having your own storefront on PC is a lot easier than trying to make your own console, which is why they'll gladly give that 30 percent cut to console makers.

Sep 15, 2019
Oooh, you know I've never played San Andreas.
Is it difficult to get it working with a controller on a modern PC?

A few years back I booted it up on PC and tried to get it working to a point where I found it playable. While it wasn't bad it was definitely super clunky and not all that enjoyable, especially if you're familiar with the more modern control schemes.

You forget how much they've added over the years until you go back to play an older one and all these little things you're used to doing you can't anymore.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna need a Retroarch-like solution that includes all of these launchers.