• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

OpvR9uH.png

Also confirmed to be confirmed to be on Unreal Engine 4
FdFRREi.png

EDIT:
ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
If this happens I would truly not know which one to play first.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah don't let this distract you from the fact that Rockstar and Take-Two have taken down dozens of modding projects over the past couple months to entice players to buy these remakes instead. Some of which were a decade old and still being actively worked on. A former member here is currently being targeted by a lawsuit as a result.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure that a port of old game to a totally different new engine can even qualify as a "remaster".

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how this will look compared to GTAV. If they put the work in this could easily tide people over until/hype people up for 6.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is this going to just be shadow dropped or something?
GTA III's 20th Anniversary is on the 22nd, think they'll tie the announcement in for then. Rockstar said in a Newswire post that there will be some fun surprises for it so it seems like a no-brainer.

Release a few weeks later in Nov. Like RDR2 PC. The short announcement to release window can work considering this is supposedly a digital-only release.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Driving around Vice City with this on the radio - absolute bliss:

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
This means we won't have to wait for the PC release.
My thoughts exactly. Expecting a release this month to coincide with the October release schedule of the original games (GTA III 20th anniversary is in a couple of weeks).

Yeah don't let this distract you from the fact that Rockstar and Take-Two have taken down dozens of modding projects over the past couple months to entice players to buy these remakes instead. Some of which were a decade old and still being actively worked on. A former member here is currently being targeted by a lawsuit as a result.
Such a waste of resources considering how many people would buy these remasters anyway. Haven't heard of that member, but they're actually being sued, not just a cease and desist? What damages is Take Two pursuing?

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love them on switch but depending on the upgrades and dual sense features I'd go PS5, never beat SA and always wanted to

strange they can do this but won't basically use RDR2 to remake the story portion of RDR1

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to another EGS timed exclusive from a billion-dollar company.

Edit: Oh, RDR2 was only exclusive for a month, so it might not be that bad.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
honest question:
What are the odds they DON'T fuck this up?
Like seriously, any chance this will be any better than modded PC versions of the games?
I would very much love to replay VC and SA but I am almost certain the versions will be as "improved" as the next-gen versions of GTAV

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure that a port of old game to a totally different new engine can even qualify as a "remaster".
You think it qualifies better as a simple rerelease or as a remake? Because truth is, being on a different engine doesn't ultimately mean anything for the final consumer. The games now being on UE4 doesn't imply that they're gonna look like a modern AAA releasing today on UE4. For all we know, these could be literal 1:1 ports that don't change much if anything at all, remasters or full-blown remakes.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
hm....interested in these, but I have to see what the shooting/controls are like. I don't need it to be Max Payne 3, but at least better than whatever it is today.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
If Vice City soundtrack is butchered/vandalized then what's the point? :(((

There is no way it's NOT butchered right?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
honest question:
What are the odds they DON'T fuck this up?
Like seriously, any chance this will be any better than modded PC versions of the games?
I would very much love to replay VC and SA but I am almost certain the versions will be as "improved" as the next-gen versions of GTAV
Not really, but a cleaner rendering and proper widescreen is all I ask

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
They have the chance to make this really good. Like proper support for higher framerates etc.

I swear I'll buy it for every system I own if they're great ports.