• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
New rumours suggest Rockstar Games could be working on a brand new IP for the next-generation of consoles that's set in a European medieval time period.

A now edited Linkedin post from Rockstar character artist Pawas Saxena point to Project Medieval - a title that was rumored to be shelved some years ago by the company - is now back in active development.

Saxena's description of his current projects at Rockstar previously revealed he was "creating modular environment pieces with organic finish carefully following medieval architectural style."

Then a rumor on reddit also claims that this medieval game will feature a heavy focus on swordfighting and one-to-one duels.

www.gamesradar.com

Rockstar's next game could be the long rumoured Project Medieval, if latest leaks are to be believed

Rumours of an open world medieval game in the works at Rockstar are circulating around the internet again

Aug 26, 2019
That makes a lot of sense considering Jack Marston's comments about the types of books he's interested in (won't spoil)

I called that was a hint about their next game over a year ago

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, didn't think I'd ever see a Medieval setting game from Rockstar. Consider me interested.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Meeeeeeeeeeeh...
That makes a lot of sense considering Jack Marston's comments about the types of books he's interested in (won't spoil)

I called that was a hint about their next game over a year ago

That spoils nothing in the game. I don't know why you would consider it one.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this time they'll introduce improvements to the gameplay so it doesn't play like a 360 game, RDR2 was painful at times.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
SaltyBetterCattle-small.gif

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer something more of Renaissance or Colonialism period, but I'll take whatever historic open world action game I get.

Feb 21, 2019
If this was Rockstars take on Knights of the Round Table or something like that....Holy mother of goodness. Or hell, Robin Hood done by Rockstar (which is more align with them anyway), could be absolutely brilliant.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to know, (they'll nail the open world aspect of it) what kind of changes they'll go with mission structure, the openness of them, and how much rope they'll give you with it.

Or if they'll go with the super scripted, very linear, do it this way missions they did for RDR2.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Not going to get excited over nothing, but man, a realistic, non-fantasy medieval game with the scope of RDR2 would be a dream come true.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'd be surprised if their next game isn't GTA

On the other hand... why not take advantage of the fact that GTA V still sells a fuckton and make other games instead?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I find it pretty hard to picture R* doing anything but GTA and Red Dead and their associated online stuff from here on, to be honest. In this era where they won't even do singleplayer DLC any more because all the money is in GTA Online, the idea that they'd pass up guaranteed billions to risk a new IP (or that Take Two would even allow them to) seems far fetched.

But, hey, it'd be nice if they did! I'd play a R* medieval game.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully its not a poorly paced semi-interactive movie like RDR2 was and they go back to being fun like GTA V and the other RDR was.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
A medieval open-world game from them could be cool, but it could just as well be something that I don't give two shits about. Time will tell I guess.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its not a poorly paced semi-interactive movie like RDR2 was and they go back to being fun like GTA V and the other RDR was.
I worry that because it's set in the medieval period it'll be the former. With less things to do compared to GTA V it makes sense that it might be closer to RDR2, especially the horse travel which will probably carry over.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would be so happy if Rockstar stayed away from GTA for a while.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I find it pretty hard to picture R* doing anything but GTA and Red Dead and their associated online stuff from here on, to be honest. In this era where they won't even do singleplayer DLC any more because all the money is in GTA Online, the idea that they'd pass up guaranteed billions to risk a new IP (or that Take Two would even allow them to) seems far fetched.

But, hey, it'd be nice if they did! I'd play a R* medieval game.

I personally think Take Two would be fools to not let Rockstar do a new IP. I think they also don't have anything in their catalogue like this, unless I'm forgetting an IP from em.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A medieval game with the modern Rage engine could be amazing.

This is a ridiculous post. 'Semi-interactive movie'? RDR2 offers some of the most impressive agency of any game released in the last five years. What a strange, strange thing to say. (Or have you not played past the first two hours of RDR2?)