• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't unexpected, but it has still been surprising to see just how badly managed these gaming giants seem to be.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Somebody there needs a spanking.

Just abject failure from every perspective (apart from maybe making money, which blows).

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Further proof that the whole project probably only had like three people working on it, probably crunched half to death and with a non-moveable deadline that was impossible to hit even with a full sized team.

"How can we make the most amount of money possible with the least amount of effort or investment?"

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
Considering it shouldn't take this long to just remove the music files I'm guessing they're removing/encrypting all the scripts that they left in there too. Stuff like this

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Wait what? I cant play on my ps5 no more?
EDIT: NVM im DUMB but yea we could get another Cyberpunk situation here soon!

Last edited:

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
This remaster is a disaster. Feel bad for people who bought this unpolished turd. Say No to Rockstar remasters.

Mar 3, 2018
What a shitshow, I was so excited to replay these but now I've been too soured from the whole experience. The desire to play them has been completely extinguished.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I want a refund and I didn't even buy the game, what a disaster
MS should ask for a refund on the money they spent to get it on Game Pass

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
"Hey should we use the metric fuckton of money that we make from GTA Online alone to do a proper remake of our classic GTA games that will assuredly also make a metric fuckton of money?"

"We could... or we could just spend the absolute bare minimum and release some unpolished and half-baked garbage because it will sell a metric fuckton anyways!"

"Genius!"

Leaked audio transcript from Take-Two headquarters.

xMM4nsonx

Nov 1, 2017
Everyone talks about gamers, right. But what about press? My press review copy just disappear from my account. It's a fucking shame. I didn't want to handled this. I don't have the fucking time right now. Fuck you rockstar, I'm just gonna pirate this shit for my pleasure.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Don't know if this is a widespread issue, but that is as amazing as it is terrible. Take Two is clearly more concerned about the record companies than their customers. To try to escape their wrath it appears as if they pulled some kind of experimental emergency brake they thought they'd never have to use, and which just fucked up the whole service.

Apparently @RockstarSupport deleted their tweet multiple times? They must believe they're in some potentially serious shit.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how they can mess up easy money like this. Actually putting in a bit of effort into these remasters would have paid off huge.

Just mind blowing.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
They should take some time to remove the homophobic/transphobic content while they are at it.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how they can mess up easy money like this. Actually putting in a bit of effort into these remasters would have paid off huge.

Just mind blowing.

The CEO of Take 2 probably gave the development team an unrealistic budget and time table for making these remakes. Got to get the game out for Christmas and spend as little money on it as possible because those GTA fans will buy anything.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Record companies are probably sending lawyers as we speak, they know T2 has money to bleed and they already distributed copies. Question is how many.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
This is kinda upsetting. I was looking forward to the definitive edition but it sounds so trash, and I can't even buy the old ones.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This has somehow become even more of a dumpster fire than was expected pre-release. Unlicensed music hidden in game files (but apparently still sometimes played in-game somehow?), dev tools being included in the files, graphical bugs and oversights, the game being unplayable for over 24 hours for legitimate buyers, having to remove the game from sale... Damn. Rockstar fucked this up in almost every way imaginable.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to see people remembering how shitty Rockstar and their launcher is after most people collectively turned a blind eye and whistled when RDR2 came out.

They don't remember, but Peppermint Patty remembers.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The CEO of Take 2 probably gave the development team an unrealistic budget and time table for making these remakes. Got to get the game out for Christmas and spend as little money on it as possible because those GTA fans will buy anything.
And what's worse is they never really removed the old stuff, it was just locked only because they never thought anyone with the thought to dig into the code and expose everything.

What's worse? The cut content leaks into the actual game.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel bad for the poor souls at Rockstar Support who've been given an absolute hospital pass by Rockstar and T2.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
ELI5
What is possible to do with those files?

Gives you a look at how these games work, cut content, developer comments are the immediate benefits.

Theoretically could help with mod making, but these games are so old and moddable that idk how much more insight there is to be gained for veteran modders.

I will say the multiplayer folder there interests me, San Andreas originally had a 2 player mode which is turned off in the remasters. Maybe it could be turned on? Who knows.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Take Two and Rockstar take their customers for granted.

Greed has become such a huge issue in the AAA space in recent times and these two companies are right up there with the worst offenders.

Unacceptable and inexcusable imo.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I think the Game Gods are giving me a sign, last game I preordered before GTA was Cyberpunk...
I also preordered Elden Ring collector.
Pls no.

OP
OP
RockmanBN

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Gives you a look at how these games work, cut content, developer comments are the immediate benefits.

Theoretically could help with mod making, but these games are so old and moddable that idk how much more insight there is to be gained for veteran modders.

I will say the multiplayer folder there interests me, San Andreas originally had a 2 player mode which is turned off in the remasters. Maybe it could be turned on? Who knows.
Speedrunners are gonna have a field day with them as now they'll know exactly how everything works.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
So, wait, if the script to prevent the cut music from playing apparently doesn't reliably work, doesn't that mean that Rockstar has effectively sold versions of a game that plays music that they don't have licenses to use?

Well Take-Two's legal department is going get some work over the coming months.

deejay8595

Oct 30, 2017
So, wait, if the script to prevent the cut music from playing apparently doesn't reliably work, doesn't that mean that Rockstar has effectively sold versions of a game that plays music that they don't have licenses to use?

Well Take-Two's legal department is going get some work over the coming months.
Basically lol