1. est1992

est1992
    Member OP

While everyone has been focused on the Spidey hype train, our other favorite superhero devs in London, Rocksteady, have been quietly tinkering at their next project. Many rumors have it pointed to be either a Superman game or a full fledged Justice League game, and we may finally get that answer soon.

Over the weekend, Rocksteady posted some new jobs on their website, one of which includes a Community Manager.

Here's a link to the application: http://rocksteadyltd.com/#jobs/community-manager/

Here's a snippet of what it says:
    Not sure exactly when they would announce their next title, but whenever this job app disappears from the site, I'm sure it will soon follow.

EDIT: All you journalists who keep posting articles on this keep missing the biggest scoop:

Rocksteady just hired a COMMUNITY MANAGER. Which, if you read the quote, means they are gearing up for a big promo campaign and a big announcement REAL SOON.

UPDATE:

Seems as if the position has been filled. On their website, under the "Marketing" tab for jobs, the Community Manager application has been removed and replaced with "Speculative Application", which is what they have for all the other positions that are already filled.

Now that the spot is filled, I think it is safe to assume that whatever Rocksteady is working on at the moment is probably gearing up for a big announcement.

2. Mediking

Mediking

Its been a LONG time

3. Loveless

Loveless

The Game Awards

4. Zukkoyaki

Zukkoyaki

Yuuuuupp

5. Megatron

Megatron

Finally going to announce something!

6. Freddo

Freddo

An acquaintance of mine used to be a Community Manager at Rocksteady, but that was nearly a decade ago with Arkham City.

7. scabobbs

scabobbs

Not the popular opinion, but I hope they're making another Arkham

8. Delushrin

Delushrin

I hope they're making either a Superman game or a TMNT game. I would also love another Batman game - not necessarily another Arkham since I feel like that story has concluded. I feel like a Justice League game may be a bit much to start off with - maybe start at Superman and build it from there. Perhaps Superman --> World's Finest --> Justice League?

Either way, it's Rocksteady so I'm excited for whatever they announce.

9. vestan

vestan

yes please

10. It's Bananaman. HYPE!

11. [​IMG]

THE TIME HAS COME.

12. Okabe

Okabe

Metallica lets go for VGA ! Hype

13. Masozi

Masozi

Wonder Woman let's go

14. Mory Dunz

Mory Dunz

it's time for a spider-man game.

15. EarthPainting

EarthPainting

Also guessing Game Awards at this point. Whatever it is, I hope it's not another superhero thing. Rocksteady's proven themselves enough that they should be allowed to make something of their own.

16. BreakAtmo

BreakAtmo

Batman: Beyond Arkham.

17. silva1991

silva1991

After the disappointment that was Arkham Knight, I hope not.

Superman pls.

18. Kayo Police

Kayo Police

Finally we get an Aquaman game.

19. Ingueferroque

Ingueferroque

He-Man please.

20. VanWinkle

VanWinkle

Really looking forward to this. An amazing Superman game would be incredible, obviously, but I'd be happy with pretty much any great DC Rocksteady game.

21. Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Hoping for another Arkham entry honestly, don't care about Superman as I always found him too boring.

22. xGrizzly

xGrizzly

I'm in the minority but hopefully it isn't something superhero related, these guys have been doing superheros since Asylum so I'd imagine they'd be burned out a bit.

23. Hydrus

Hydrus

Please take a break from the super hero games and make a game of thrones /ASOIF game please.

24. est1992

est1992
    Member OP

Nirolak pointed out a while ago that in one of their job postings it said that comic book knowledge was a plus, so I think it’s safe to say that it is DC related

25. Not even kidding you, that would be fucking amazing if they did that.

26. Ninja Turtles or (my friend just mentioned) Spawn. I'd love either of those.

27. Doctor Ironic

Doctor Ironic

It’s almost certainly not Superman based on their job hirings unless you think a Superman game would be a great place for online multiplayer.

p.s. Knight is the best in the series.

28. blackmass

blackmass

Rocksteady show me what you got!

29. Kinsei

Kinsei

Same.

30. Rocksteady and NetherRealm need to announce their stuff already, especially the former.

31. BreakAtmo

BreakAtmo

Oh, I am dead serious. It just feels like the natural continuing point from where Arkham Knight ended.

32. Yes it would! Just get Will Friedle and Kevin Conroy back and I would be floored.

33. Fiel

Fiel

Finally Justice League game we deserved.

34. kurahador

kurahador

Kinda want it to be a new IP....that's not like Destiny/Anthem/battle royale.

35. elektrixx

elektrixx

LEGO Batman Arkham Asylum.

Batman POP!

36. Genetrik

Genetrik

My number 1 announcement I am waiting for!!! Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint by leaving their past behind to focus on some multiplayer only stuff. *crossingfingers*

37. Femto0

Femto0

Game Awards hype?

38. Saifu

Saifu

Part of me hopes for another Batman game, but part of me wants something new....

39. Memento

Memento

Wonder Woman hype

40. As long as it's not some online GaaS type game, I am hyped. Their recent job listings and WB stance have me worried.

41. Desfrog

Desfrog

I'd be up for a GaaS set in the DC universe but it definitely wouldn't go down well here

42. unicornKnight

unicornKnight

I wish they had a seperate team working at a smaller scale Arkham game closer to what Asylum was. Imo their attempt to get bigger with every iteration brought fatigue to the franchise.

43. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Probably a Game Awards thing. Hopefully it's a superhero game.

44. Strings

Strings

Jeez, Arkham Knight was a mid 2015 game. Where has the time gone O.O

The only thing that places doubts on the Superman / Justice League thing... Weren't they looking for someone to model a large amount of gun skins (Senior Weapons Artist)?

EDIT: They also hired network engineers and a metagame designer ~2 years ago, and then were hiring a bunch of multiplayer testers in April of this year.

45. Brian Damage

Brian Damage

I'd actually like to see what they can do with an IP of their own. Won't say no to another crack at the superhero genre though.

46. principal

principal

Where is cboat

47. chrisypoo

chrisypoo

Man I really hope it's not a Superman game, as that seems like it'd be a waster of Rocksteady's incredible talent. I know it's just me being biased and that lots of people like Super Man, but I just think he's kind of an awful choice for a video game. Beyond cryptonite, what can you really do to the guy ya know? He's just too powerful, it presents one of those weird problems with the game where it's never going to feel like you're playing as Superman if they design the game properly, and if you do feel like you're playing as Super Man then the game will be boring in about an hour when you realize you're just playing as an invincible, super fast, flying, impossibly strong god who can't really be opposed outside of a few choice villains and super heroes. Just doesn't seem like it lends itself well to video game design, but hey what do I know, I guess it could turn out wonderful, I'm just not seeing it. I'm not trying to negative for the hell of it here, just for the record, I'm just not seeing how one could make a good Superman game while making a good game, if that makes sense.

Regardless, I'm excited for Rocksteady's future, as I've bought everything they've made thus far, and I'll probably buy this too, even if it is Superman ;).

48. SJRB

SJRB

I wish it was a Blade game, that'd be amazing.

Are we sure they only do DC properties? It's because of WB as a publisher, I guess?

49. WieDerrickWie

WieDerrickWie

I would actually love a sequel to their first game, Urban Chaos.

50. WB wholly owns Rocksteady