• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017

Unless this is a small project they did before working on some sort of JL service title it's unlikely this is true. The timelines and job listings just don't match up well.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
He said he doesn't think it's Superman. Could be Wonder Woman or Justice League.
I doubt it's Justice League. If you don't get Superman right first, how do you plan on trying it with seven other heroes? Plus adding in combat mechanics to their powers and everything?

I said not Superman. Not that it wouldn't be a superhero game. And all three of those games you mentioned were leaked by others prior to Verendus. FFVII and Crash originated from /u/ruin4r and Spider-Man was a very vague thing from Verendus that could've been anything.
Yeah a "Marvel PS4 eclusive" seems vague, I'll give you that. But at the time, it was unheard of. Nobbody thought Marvel would license out one of their games to Sony exclusively, especially their most popular one at that. It sounded bonkers, but it proved to be true. There's been other things he's gotten right, but I'm just too lazy to look it all up. He was also right about them at least trying to get a Superman game off the ground.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it's Justice League. If you don't get Superman right first, how do you plan on trying it with seven other heroes? Plus adding in combat mechanics to their powers and everything?

Yeah a "Marvel PS4 eclusive" seems vague, I'll give you that. But at the time, it was unheard of. Nobbody thought Marvel would license out one of their games to Sony exclusively, especially their most popular one at that. It sounded bonkers, but it proved to be true. There's been other things he's gotten right, but I'm just too lazy to look it all up. He was also right about them at least trying to get a Superman game off the ground.

Nier: Automata and World of Final Fantasy. And SFV's Sony exclusivity. Also, FF7 Remake is from late 2014 or so. Verendus' problem wasn't he didn't know anything, it was that he trolled a lot so you didn't know what was real and what wasn't. But gamers are like Sith: they only deal in absolutes, so once a few things were lies they looked for holes in everything else because they needed him to be wrong.

By the way, if it's not Justice League then it's Suicide Squad or a new IP. I HIGHLY doubt it's Superman solo. I think that's just what you want, lol.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Saw this line in the benefits section:

• Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour

I forgot that HBO is also part of WB. There were rumors at some point that Bethesda might be working on a Game of Thrones title, but what if rocksteady is instead working on this?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Nier: Automata and World of Final Fantasy. And SFV's Sony exclusivity. Also, FF7 Remake is from late 2014 or so. Verendus' problem wasn't he didn't know anything, it was that he trolled a lot so you didn't know what was real and what wasn't. But gamers are like Sith: they only deal in absolutes, so once a few things were lies they looked for holes in everything else because they needed him to be wrong.

By the way, if it's not Justice League then it's Suicide Squad or a new IP. I HIGHLY doubt it's Superman solo. I think that's just what you want, lol.
Lol A Superman game IS what I want, but at the same time, I can't really see them working on any other superheroes at the moment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible that Rocksteady's been working on a GAAS game the last two years if they have absolutely none of these essential positions filled?

As far as other DC IP's I just can't see them doing Justice League. If people are so worried about getting Superman right, how can they expect to do that, plus seven more? It doesn't make sense. And I don't think Suicide Squad is lucrative enough as an IP for WB to give them. After the bad movie and their game getting scrapped by WB Montreal, I can't see them trying that. As far as other solo heroes, I don't think they'd do Wonder Woman. Her movie was too recent and unless someone saw how popular she was gonna be, I think WB would be too apprehensive. I just think Superman makes the most sense. It's the next step up for them.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Lol A Superman game IS what I want, but at the same time, I can't really see them working on any other superheroes at the moment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible that Rocksteady's been working on a GAAS game the last two years if they have absolutely none of these essential positions filled?

As far as other DC IP's I just can't see them doing Justice League. If people are so worried about getting Superman right, how can they expect to do that, plus seven more? It doesn't make sense. And I don't think Suicide Squad is lucrative enough as an IP for WB to give them. After the bad movie and their game getting scrapped by WB Montreal, I can't see them trying that. As far as other solo heroes, I don't think they'd do Wonder Woman. Her movie was too recent and unless someone saw how popular she was gonna be, I think WB would be too apprehensive. I just think Superman makes the most sense. It's the next step up for them.

Superman's not as impossible as people think. And I could see them just saying screw it and doing the whole team.

Saw this line in the benefits section:

I forgot that HBO is also part of WB. There were rumors at some point that Bethesda might be working on a Game of Thrones title, but what if rocksteady is instead working on this?

The rumor is BGS was doing Game of Thrones.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure the "Start with Superman to show you can do it" argument works like it does for the films. I think the character deserves that respect though, much like Wonder Woman.

Firecrest

Oct 28, 2017
God, I hope the Injustice Ninja Turtles crossover was a hint of things to come and we finally get something that does the IP justice since the Platinum game was hot garbage.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Can they actually make people care about Superman? The movies tried and failed hard. Count me in with the group that wishes whatever they're working on to be anything but that. It's crazy to me that a character akin to Captain America can be so badly mishandled to the point where he loses any semblance of what is supposed to make him great. He was a good bad guy in Injustice 2 though.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Justice League
Suicide Squad
Harry Potter
New IP

I only care about one of these, but I like to be realistic.
Well supposedly, a Harry Potter RPG is being made by Avalanche, so you can cross that off the list. And I don't think WB would let them make a new IP, so you can probably cross that off too.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool with a Justice League destiny-like game. I'm not just sure how you would do it as far as balancing all the heroes. Got any ideas?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Can they actually make people care about Superman? The movies tried and failed hard. Count me in with the group that wishes whatever they're working on to be anything but that. It's crazy to me that a character akin to Captain America can be so badly mishandled to the point where he loses any semblance of what is supposed to make him great. He was a good bad guy in Injustice 2 though.

Superman is just a bad idea. I hope they aren't doing it.

I never got a chance to answer that thread about games I wish I could blip out existence. Superman for Nintendo would've been my choice, so I can stop seeing responses like this. They're just the fucking worst.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I would so love to see Rocksteady do a game based on Warhammer 40K - they could make something truly spectacular. Hopefully one day the IP planets will align and that'll come to pass :)

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
A good Superman game would shut everyone up, but WB's incredibly lazy about taking advantage of properties that aren't Batman. :/
It sure would. Their games division is badly mishandled. From those shakeups and two cancelled games at WB Montreal to the two microtransaction debacles with Shadow of War and the Harry Potter mobile game, it just leads one to wonder wth they're doing over there.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It sure would. Their games division is badly mishandled. From those shakeups and two cancelled games at WB Montreal to the two microtransaction debacles with Shadow of War and the Harry Potter mobile game, it just leads one to wonder wth they're doing over there.

Only one canceled game: Suicide Squad. They probably couldn't get the monetisation right. The other game was rebooted, but if its still a Batman project I'd actually expect it in 2020 at the latest.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
A good Superman game would shut everyone up, but WB's incredibly lazy about taking advantage of properties that aren't Batman. :/
It would, but that has yet to happen. I don't think they are being lazy, Superman is just a hard character to write around let alone base a whole game on. Batman is a easy fit considering all the gadgets, combat, and detective elements. Having to upgrade gadgets to get to closed off areas also expands on the exploration. Plus at this point he is more popular. At least I think so.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Only one canceled game: Suicide Squad. They probably couldn't get the monetisation right. The other game was rebooted, but if its still a Batman project I'd actually expect it in 2020 at the latest.
Rocksteady or WB Montreal have to announce something this year. WB has nothing left on their slate except for one LEGO game, The Incredibles, which is due out in a month. Nothing after that. I don't think that's ever happened to them as a publisher

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Rocksteady or WB Montreal have to announce something this year. WB has nothing left on their slate except for one LEGO game, The Incredibles, which is due out in a month. Nothing after that. I don't think that's ever happened to them as a publisher

They'll have Mortal Kombat XI. If they did their other two big developers that'd be cool but I wouldn't look for them.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Why do people think another Mortal Kombat is likely? There haven't been any indications of it.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Why do people think another Mortal Kombat is likely? There haven't been any indications of it.

Midway/Netherrealm's games for about the last ten years have been:

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Mortal Kombat 9
Injustice
Mortal Kombat X
Injustice 2
???

Also worth noting, MKX was the fastest selling game in the entire franchise at launch, and sold over five million copies.

Sure it's possible they switch things up, but I don't really know why you would question the likelihood of a new MK. If they follow their pattern of the past 4 years, we'll have cryptic rumors next month and an announcement in the summer.

Last edited:

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Maybe they'll make a whole horror monster fighting game instead of shoe-horning them into Mortal Kombat.